Wrapped in Brexit red tape, a UK freight firm struggles to trade

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Lovely deflection, bravo. ????

Feel free to check statistics comparing the UK vaccine rollout compared to member states of the EU.

But then, you already knew your precious EU have screwed it up hence the juvenile, banal deflection instead of addressing the issues I raised.

BTW, the SNP are screwing it up almost as badly as the EU. But I am sure you are aware of that as well. Andrew Neil summed it up nicely on Twitter.

5051443D-D27F-4606-BFAF-C205506CAD5F.jpeg

There are none as blind as those who refuse to see.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/uk-covid-hospital-patients

covid.jpg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Lovely deflection you say.

The thread is UK freight firms struggling with post Brexit red tape.

He asked me to show him the sunny uplands. So I obliged.

But I totally understand your desire to focus on the minor inconveniences and ignore the gargantuan screw up by the EU commission. A bit embarrassing after singing their praises for 4 years, no?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, sungod said:

Stick your glasses on, England has a population of 56 million. Not surprising there are more in hospital.

Do you see the same type of spike in the other countries of the UK? Are you perfectly content with your government's response? Are you satisfied that Johnson has done all he could have done? Does it not bother you that the UK has one of the worst death tolls in the world?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/world/europe/united-kingdom-coronavirus-cases.html

image.png.40b76cd09b8b8a7d1752118b47e4569a.png

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

The UK has a total population 68 Million.

Thailand has 69 Million, virtually the same population numbers as the UK, but way less COVID cases.

He didn't say the UK, he stated England and he was pretty much spot on. HTH

Screenshot_2021-02-06-11-24-01-794.jpeg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

And the EU protect us from having vacuum cleaners that actually have the power to suck stuff up

Once you look behind the Johnsonesque headline you might (albeit slowly) realize this is a very sensible idea.

The excessive power of vacuum cleaners is a totally unnecessary and yet still a selling point for companies. Limiting their power reduces energy consumption.

On another note, although the word suck exists, vacuum cleaners, like straws don't suck.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2530Ubon said:

Yes, he was comparing stats. So I thought it prudent to compare 2 countries with virtually identical population numbers.

Bear in mind Thailand was one of the first countries to report infections outside of China.

Whilst the UK is doing an amazing job with vaccinations, and I do applaud the effort and swiftness, I also criticize the lack of COVID prevention throughout last year. Quite happy the UK chose to go it alone in regards to the vaccine effort.

Then again, what does any of this have to do with freight shipping? lol!

Of course you did, nice edit btw.

• Haha 1

Correct me if I am wrong and I am sure many will........ but this red tape is exactly what every other country in the world has had to deal with if they are not "in the club", but want to trade with the EU.....or has the EU suddenly invented all sorts of extra red tape just for the UK (ignoring the NI fiasco for the moment)

Surely 'we' must have known what was coming once we left the EU?

What happened to the preparations?

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 7:35 AM, soalbundy said:

I'm sure Britain has more intelligent business men and politicians than intelligent remainder's.

Don't forget...better scientists.....better immunologists.....better virologists.....oh dear....what has become of a once proud nation?

If you look the world over I would not be surprised if the most successful nation, in terms of individuals by nationality, is India.

15 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Correct me if I am wrong and I am sure many will........ but this red tape is exactly what every other country in the world has had to deal with if they are not "in the club", but want to trade with the EU.....or has the EU suddenly invented all sorts of extra red tape just for the UK (ignoring the NI fiasco for the moment)

Surely 'we' must have known what was coming once we left the EU?

What happened to the preparations?

They believed the brexit lies. Then reality set in, and its only started.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

They believed the brexit lies. Then reality set in, and its only started.

Yes....but what about the powers that be?.....behind the scenes they must have known exactly what was in the offing and that the brown smelly stuff would eventually hit the fan????

Did they do anything?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RuamRudy said:

We were promised a springboard into a better, more prosperous future. We still cannot define what that looks like after 5 years. Not early at all. 

At the mo it looks like the SNP have done a belly flop off it....????

1 hour ago, 2530Ubon said:

The UK has a total population 68 Million.

Thailand has 69 Million, virtually the same population numbers as the UK, but way less COVID cases.

Are the climates the same, do folk live the same type of lives, do both countries supply honest figures..?  ????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, transam said:

Are the climates the same, do folk live the same type of lives, do both countries supply honest figures..?  ????

Well, Since Vitamin deficiency D seems to be a determining factor for rate of infection and severity...   I would hazzard a guess that Scotland is not going to have a better climate for COVID.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Well, Since Vitamin deficiency D seems to be a determining factor for rate of infection and severity...   I would hazzard a guess that Scotland is not going to have a better climate for COVID.

One in every three Thai working people has a vitamin D deficiency, while 64.6 per cent of adults in Bangkok face Vitamin D insufficiency leading to increased risk of health problems in the long term, according to a leading expert. 

He claims they spend too much time sheltering from the sun (white skin syndrome) and dietary deficiencies????

Edited by Surelynot

18 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Wow! Shocking to read about how many hours it takes to do all that paperwork, and how many extra people are now involved in filling in paperwork. Pushing up costs and time - not good for an already ailing shipping industry.

If your looking for a silver lining in an increasingly stormy cloud; At least vets have lot's of extra work now!

yeahhh but look at it on the positive side, imagine how many New jobs they created to fill up the paper work    555

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

yeahhh but look at it on the positive side, imagine how many New jobs they created to fill up the paper work    555

Well spotted, reduce unemployment, give some dole folk a job, well done.....:thumbsup: 

• Haha 2

Seems the UK is well rid of the EU if their Covid response is anything to go by...

Countdown to 'catastrophe:' Inside Europe's fight for COVID shots

Britain, freshly divorced from the EU's single market after five years of bitter negotiations, was inoculating people at a much faster pace than any EU country, public data show.

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2A50I1

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

We were promised a springboard into a better, more prosperous future. We still cannot define what that looks like after 5 years. Not early at all. 

Springboard? Like a newspaper - there's a new one every day. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Surelynot said:

One in every three Thai working people has a vitamin D deficiency, while 64.6 per cent of adults in Bangkok face Vitamin D insufficiency leading to increased risk of health problems in the long term, according to a leading expert. 

He claims they spend too much time sheltering from the sun (white skin syndrome) and dietary deficiencies????

Mostly the gals with their skin whitening kits.

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 1