Wrapped in Brexit red tape, a UK freight firm struggles to trade

snoop1130

57 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

really, I just see complain after complain from the Brexiteers, before as members they had it easy or maybe not easy enough as they decided to leave

Wow! Shocking to read about how many hours it takes to do all that paperwork, and how many extra people are now involved in filling in paperwork. Pushing up costs and time - not good for an already ailing shipping industry.

If your looking for a silver lining in an increasingly stormy cloud; At least vets have lot's of extra work now!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Dead or living in a poor country like Thailand, Cambodia etc. because their pensions are so meager. They'll still say 'stop slagging our country off' if you dare to mention the catastrophic Brexit affair whilst huddling down in their third world hovel.

If it's so great, why don't they live there anymore?

The same reason you live here, probably.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

really, I just see complain after complain from the Brexiteers, before as members they had it easy or maybe not easy enough as they decided to leave, Now they have the best deal  with all the goodies they expected and yet keep complaining, UK left the EU and yet the ones that voted for Brexit now are complaining about the inconveniences that came with it, I guess they expected to leave and yet have the same advantages as they had when they were members, just in case you guys didn't know, You Can't Have It Both Ways.... It is what it Is learn how to deal with it

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55887043

Brexit: 71 pages of paperwork for 1 lorry of fish

https://flipboard.com/topic/europe/brexit-71-pages-of-paperwork-for-1-lorry-of-fish/f-be4928145b%2Fbbc.com

Ridiculous isn't it?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Will hear the next woes from companies having to re-register all their products again to conform with health, environment, safety EU standards. 

If only there had been someway in which we could have known this beforehand......oh well! Soldier on to the sunny uplands.

(Rather be Captain Hindsight than Major Disaster)

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

You seem to be talking about several different things. I was talking about the never-ending array of regulations which might concern anything food to alarm clocks.

It's a choice you have to make. You can live in the First world where there a lots of regulations to protect you or you can live in the third world like China or Thailand where there are fake medicines, baby food that will poison your baby and electrical gadgets that will burn your house down or kill you with an electric shock. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, vogie said:

If it needs explaining to you can I strongly suggest that you are not paying enough attention to particular posters posts. HTH

As I thought, no logical reasoning therefore no explanation. Only hatred.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tebee said:

It's a choice you have to make. You can live in the First world where there a lots of regulations to protect you or you can live in the third world like China or Thailand where there are fake medicines, baby food that will poison your baby and electrical gadgets that will burn your house down or kill you with an electric shock. 

Been shopping at Marks & Sparks again?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Mavideol said:

really, I just see complain after complain from the Brexiteers, before as members they had it easy or maybe not easy enough as they decided to leave, Now they have the best deal  with all the goodies they expected and yet keep complaining, UK left the EU and yet the ones that voted for Brexit now are complaining about the inconveniences that came with it, I guess they expected to leave and yet have the same advantages as they had when they were members, just in case you guys didn't know, You Can't Have It Both Ways.... It is what it Is learn how to deal with it

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55887043

https://flipboard.com/topic/europe/brexit-71-pages-of-paperwork-for-1-lorry-of-fish/f-be4928145b%2Fbbc.com

I am more concerned about the price of cabbages....????

Edited by transam

13 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

Wow! Shocking to read about how many hours it takes to do all that paperwork, and how many extra people are now involved in filling in paperwork. Pushing up costs and time - not good for an already ailing shipping industry.

If your looking for a silver lining in an increasingly stormy cloud; At least vets have lot's of extra work now!

And clerks......:thumbsup:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, sungod said:

And on the other hand certain posters have decided after only a month its a failure!  Pass over the crystal ball please!

Show me the sunny uplands and I will hold my hand up in defeat. Even now, the benefits of Brexit are either nebulous or hypotheticals. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Show me the sunny uplands and I will hold my hand up in defeat. Even now, the benefits of Brexit are either nebulous or hypotheticals. 

You don’t think being free to vaccinate 10 million of the most vulnerable people against a virus that has killed millions is a massive benefit? Wow. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RuamRudy said:

We still cannot define what that looks like after 5 years.

We thought you remainers had super mystic powers, you have already decided its a failure, but contradict yourself by saying you dont what its going to look like after 5 years!!  You should make your mind up.

• Like 1