What happens if Condominium Temperature Fever Check Result is too High?

pbrock

What happens if Condominium Temperature Fever Check Result is too High?

Didn't happen to me yet. Never heard of anyone happening. Just good to be prepared just in case.

Denied entry? Cannot go to room that one is paying rent for?

Report to health authority? Resulting in a forced covid test? Resulting in forced hospitalization?

Reminder: there are sicknesses other than covid which can cause fever including flu and common cold.

In summary that would mean, get caught with a fewer once and get a forced hospitalization in result. Why isn't that happening? Most Thai's live in apartments where there's no temperature testing? People avoid getting caught because they want to avoid forced hospitalization? "Cheating" with paracetamol?

9 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Probably just ignore it and let you through, that's what I saw at a shopping centre

Exactly this. I've been waved through at my condo and at shopping centres even when applying suffering from terminal hypothermia!

If you have a non-covid fever resulting from a flu or a cold then getting the PCR test may well see you identified as covid positive. The reason is although they call it the covid-19 test it isn't specific to covid, never was and wasn't even designed for testing viruses. It will show up strands of any virus you have circulating if amplified enough, it will then be assumed to be covid as everyone runs in terror from you.

Of course if it actually is covid this is OK, but if a common cold you may still see yourself in quarantine for two weeks. In these times best to make sure you stay healthy, use the proper supplements that help.

Had this problem last week, temperature was 37.5 just on the edge, after I'd been outside awhile on a hot day. Since then I've made a point of popping into a local shop before I go to my condo, both to cool off and also check temperature. Very alarming how easy it might be to fall foul of this rule. 

• Haha 1

Does anyone know what exact level triggers a high reading on those automatic machines and/or how the temperature gun jockeys are defining high? I think there's different info about what is exactly is the normal range? 

Obviously if you're very sick with a very high temperature whether infected with the novel coronavirus or something else, you've got a real problem. But I'm talking about very low grade more borderline fevers. 

Edited by Jingthing

At my condo, only delivery guys and visitors (those who bother to register with security for a visitor pass anyway) are temperature checked, not residents.

I think that's how it should be. When I return to my condo, I've usually had my temperature taken a good 3-4 times within the last few hours anyway (malls, 7/11s, supermarkets, BTS stations, what not). If I want to check my temperature at home, on the other hand, I have my own thermometer.

13 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

Last time I went to my Tesco Lotus the cute lady pointed the gun at my groin, and smiled. Of course I was unprepared and too slow witted to think up a good line. The shift had changed when I went back out.

Our local Tesco has replaced the pretty with a boring automagic gate that checks for mask and temperature ????  

I always used to have a joke and flirt with the university student (too young to be my daughter) earning an extra Baht or two.

This tall farang has to stoop so it's not trying to find a mask on my chest.

• Like 1

In Big C checks by that hand temp reader,  I have had temps ranging from 32 (dead) to 39 ( nearly dead) none of which have been correct. In each case, the person on duty didn't bat an eyelid.  A second and sometimes third try resulted in the correct 36.2 reading.  

Edited by Pilotman

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

In Big C checks by that hand temp reader,  I have had temps ranging from 32 (dead) to 39 ( nearly dead) none of which have been correct. In each case, the person on duty didn't bat an eyelid.  A second and sometimes third try resulted in the correct 36.2 reading.  

Ours is some fancy display with thermal camera - checks that you have mask on and temperature (not sure if anything else), then shouts out AUTHENTICATED... There's a lady standing nearby and making sure that everyone checks in. I asked what happens if alarm goes off, and was told the above... Never seen one receiving beeps. There's always the second door with more simple forehead thermometer like 7-11 uses which isn't monitored, so I guess someone knowing to be feverish could avoid the main gate altogether. There are however serious consequences should someone do that. Every week we get a questionnaire on whether we've been to any red zone (funny, we are in the middle of one, so how do you answer that?!), have cough, fever, etc. with some long disclaimer full of threats if you lied. Interesting stuff.

I've wondered about this, too, as my condos do temperature checks.  The crazy thing for me is that, pre-covid, I was often sick a couple times a year with a bad cough and fever--usually resulting in trips to the doctor's office and feeling bad for several weeks at a time until I finally got over it. 

The last time I was sick, however, was late December 2019 stretching into January 2020-- my usual bad cough and trouble breathing but much worse than I usually get.  After that, I have not been sick at all, which is very unusual for me.  I wonder if I am willing myself not to get sick--perhaps someone will do a study on people who are normally sick a few times a year but have stayed healthy from their usual ailments during this covid period.  Anyway, it has been one bright spot to have stayed healthy for about a year now.  

On 2/6/2021 at 1:20 AM, Jingthing said:

I have had the same question. One thing I do is if I feel that I might have a temperature I check it before I go out. The other day it was .1 C above normal and I had an important chore. So I took 2 Tylonol and drank some cold water. Sorted.

Oh your so naughty, but nice.

26 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Very true.

But when mum wasn't looking my old dad added a further shot of whisky or brandy. 

Tasted great, especially as a young teenager who was still getting drunk on the sniff of the cork, which dad never thought about whilst he pushed me to enjoy the trifle. I slept well.