Optimism as number of new COVID-19 cases in Thailand falls for third consecutive day

rooster59

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

and the walk-ins continue.  If in Bangkok and the western section then its time for more widespread testing I would presume.  However, if its not widespread as Sheryl has said it would be a waste of money to test more.  However, I find things to have a transparency issue.

The number of walk ins seems to be on the rise is that why they are optimistic?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Breakdown from Barrow:

Update on Sunday: 225 local cases.

112 proactive case:

Tak 2

Bangkok 3

Samut Sakhon 107

113 “walk-in” hospital cases:

Bangkok 14

Tak 3

Samut Songkhram 1

Samut Sakhon 95
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Optimism is a good thing. I'll take it. Better than being locked down when there are no vaccines to be had.

Optimism is not a good thing when it replaces common sense and intelligent action. 

Every child thinks he can be a professional athlete. Children are optimistic in this way. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mama Noodle said:

Yeah thats the one ive been watching the last few weeks, and seems like one of the highest number of walk-in cases in a long time. 

113 people who are sick enough to have symptoms and report to the hospital, for a virus that that a large percentage are asymptomatic and dont even know they have it. 

Alot can be implied from that. 

A lot can be implied by people who know nothing about the subject. Nothing can be deduced from that. The vast majority of proactive cases are from Samut Sakhon as are the vast majority of walk in cases. In Samut Sakhon many areas are in lockdown and isolation. Bangkok is the only other area with significant numbers of cases. Maybe it would be prudent to isolate and lockdown Bangkok?

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

Optimism is not a good thing when it replaces common sense and intelligent action. 

Every child thinks he can be a professional athlete. Children are optimistic in this way. 

You prefer "intelligent action" that ends up with covid testing sweeps, where Chinese-style you're whisked off the streets and put into quarantine costing you 100,000 baht?  Not me.

41 minutes ago, DLock said:

fixed.

Have you put yourself forward as an expert to remedy the failure you’ve noted? Clearly you have both evidence and major qualifications. You could also offer your services to Australia and New Zealand as Thailand is using the same model. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, polpott said:

So why do countries who have been the most successful at containing and reducing Covid lock their borders?

As far as i can see Samut Sakhon is not locked up from the outside world. I know people who have been to that area and are in Bangkok now. 

30 minutes ago, AmySeeker said:

They keep saying they've "isolated" the migrant workers in Samut Sakhon, but the majority of the hospital "walk-ins" when we get the detail appear to be listed as Foreigners or non-Thai, surely isolated means not being able travel to hospital.

Edited by foreverlomsak
incorrect allocation of original poster
  • Like 2