All migrants living in UK eligible for COVID-19 vaccine

snoop1130

9 hours ago, ukrules said:

Lets see if this is reciprocated.

They already said falangs can get it at private hospitals, that should tell us how idiotic that statement is, I mean wouldn't you want to make sure they have the opportunity to contribute by offering them a "free" shot, after there are a lot who aren't going to get vaxed because of the cost.

As for me, I will be sitting on the side line and if I ever do get it, then I will deal with it then, maybe some Ivermectin or something like that until we are 100% these vaccines are effective, and yes I don't believe all of the hype, but that's just me, each to their own.

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

They already said falangs can get it at private hospitals, that should tell us how idiotic that statement is, I mean wouldn't you want to make sure they have the opportunity to contribute by offering them a "free" shot, after there are a lot who aren't going to get vaxed because of the cost.

As for me, I will be sitting on the side line and if I ever do get it, then I will deal with it then, maybe some Ivermectin or something like that until we are 100% these vaccines are effective, and yes I don't believe all of the hype, but that's just me, each to their own.

I just bought Ivermectin but not sure how much it will help. 

Do Thais get the vaccine free?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

They already said falangs can get it at private hospitals,

and last I saw on this issue was that private hospitals were not allowed to advertise the availability of the vaccines, nor actually purchase the vaccines, government only can purchase.

So Thai's get vaccinated and then live in the same house as unvaccinated falangs, guess what might occur

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Ah multiculturalism at it's best, suffice to say there was a time in Australia that every time I tried to speak to someone in a government department they would be Indian, not that I am racist, but I don't speak Indian, "if you know what I mean". 

I'm all for Plural Societies but this really took the papodom. 

I was staying next to the Whitechapel Mosque and nearly everyone in the area was Muslim, including the shops, which were great. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

"Coronavirus vaccines will be offered to everyone living in the UK free of charge, regardless of immigration status.

so they are happy to vaccinate a couple of million "illegals" in country, but not UK citizens (who have paid all their dues to the time they left and are still paying tax to HMRC) in another country who may return to the UK bringing the disease with them because they can't get vaccinated where they are currently.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

For the loonies who think that ivermectin is the answer to a maiden's prayer, you might want to check on Wikipedia for its adverse effects & contraindications, not to mention the lack of any suggestion of its efficacy against viral infections.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

and last I saw on this issue was that private hospitals were not allowed to advertise the availability of the vaccines, nor actually purchase the vaccines, government only can purchase.

So Thai's get vaccinated and then live in the same house as unvaccinated falangs, guess what might occur

Apparently they can't advertise vaccines until they put in an application for FDA approval here or something like that, albeit they will be in direct competition with "someone", that said I also heard that as long as it was Moderna and the other mRNA emergency use gene therapy, oops, vaccine under the emergency use wording, then they will be ok with them selling it from private hospitals.

Everyone is out to make a buck, Ivermectin sounds cheap enough now that the news is spreading that it is showing promising results, albeit it depends what article you read, naturally there will be articles saying it's not good to perhaps keep pushing vaccines, who knows, personally I'd give it a go as it's been around for 30 years.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I'm all for Plural Societies but this really took the papodom. 

I was staying next to the Whitechapel Mosque and nearly everyone in the area was Muslim, including the shops, which were great. 

A bit like downtown Lakemba just out of Sydney where mum used to live pre nursing home, I used to say to my daughter, spot the Ozzie and she would say; dad, that is so racists, I said no it's not, I'm a <deleted>, so I can say that, she just laughed, shook her head and smiled. 

5 hours ago, 4737 Carlin said:

Yeah, why bother to check if they're in the country illegally ? They're probably all doctors, lawyers or aspiring rappers which Britain needs to keep the country going anyway. In other news, Thailand has said it will not be giving free vaccinations to illegal over-stayers. It will arrest and deport as usual.

great why not .. Britain should do the same

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Right move.

Herd immunity isn’t achieved by omitting to inoculate part of the population.

3 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

it's obvious! covid-19 doesn't  choose its victims! an infected migrant would easily transmit the covid to a british citizen

Indeed.

How many with dubious or no right to be here would come for the vaccine if they were told that their immigration status would be checked and if found wanting they would be deported? 

Very few; particularly after the Windrush scandal!

Do we really want these people added to the looney anti vaxers and Covid doesn't exist brigades!

This is a public health matter, and for that reason all must be treated the same.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

Great at least i know where my hard earned Tax i pay is going ..im afraid i won't be granted such favours here in LOS 

In this instance it's going to protect public health.

That Thailand doesn't have the same policy is no reason for the UK to copy them. In fact, to protect public health Thailand should follow us in this!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

so they are happy to vaccinate a couple of million "illegals" in country, but not UK citizens (who have paid all their dues to the time they left and are still paying tax to HMRC) in another country who may return to the UK bringing the disease with them because they can't get vaccinated where they are currently.

Where do you get "a couple of million" illegals from? The illegals are most likely to be refugees, other foreigners are probably staying legally on some sort of visa.

How many refugees are there in the UK?

According to UNHCR statistics, at the end of 2019 there were  133,094  refugees, 61,968 pending asylum cases  and  161  stateless persons  in the UK. The vast majority of refugees – 4 out of 5 – stay in their region of displacement, and consequently are hosted by  developing countries. Turkey now hosts the highest number of refugees with 3.6  million, followed by Pakistan with 1.4 million.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gearbox said:

Where do you get "a couple of million" illegals from? The illegals are most likely to be refugees, other foreigners are probably staying legally on some sort of visa.

the majority of illegals are not refugees but people who have arrived legally , e.g. on student visas or tourist visas and not returned home but gone off the radar and are working without visas and work permits

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Apparently they can't advertise vaccines until they put in an application for FDA approval here or something like that, albeit they will be in direct competition with "someone", that said I also heard that as long as it was Moderna and the other mRNA emergency use gene therapy, oops, vaccine under the emergency use wording, then they will be ok with them selling it from private hospitals.

Everyone is out to make a buck, Ivermectin sounds cheap enough now that the news is spreading that it is showing promising results, albeit it depends what article you read, naturally there will be articles saying it's not good to perhaps keep pushing vaccines, who knows, personally I'd give it a go as it's been around for 30 years.

Ivermectin sounds cheap enough now that the news is spreading that it is showing promising results, albeit it depends what article you read, naturally there will be articles saying it's not good to perhaps keep pushing vaccines, who knows, personally I'd give it a go as it's been around for 30 years.

Really not a good idea to try out a drug which is not approved for Covid 19 prevention / treatment, in fact a rather foolish idea.

https://www.nps.org.au/ivermectin-and-covid-19#:~:text=Ivermectin is the active ingredient,%2C lice%2C nematode worms).&text=It has been available for these conditions for many decades.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Really not a good idea to try out a drug which is not approved for Covid 19 prevention / treatment, in fact a rather foolish idea.

So are we suggesting that it is a really good idea to try out the "approved" under emergency use mNRA vaccine ?

From my research, the COVID mRNA vaccines are a completely new type of vaccine. No mRNA vaccine has ever been licensed for human use before. In essence, we have absolutely no idea what to expect from this vaccine. We have no idea if it will be effective or safe.

• Sad 1