Driver’s horror after discovering human remains under vehicle during trip to Koh Chang

snoop1130

I presume these 4 cars were hired . A Honda Jazz is very low to the ground , they must have driven over what they thought was a dog carcass and not round it . An owner of a Honda Jazz would know that it wouldn't clear the average dog carcass . I wouldn't drive over a dead dog in an Isuzu Highlander pickup with ample clearance if I could avoid doing so .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bundooman said:

This story creates so many thinking processes:

They were in 4 cars. Where in the procession, was the car that had human remains under it?

If they were 1st, 2nd and third  - did they see it? 

Did any of them hit it?

Did the police check under the other three cars for other evidence?

Did the other four drivers see a dog carcass?

did they see anything?

When the driver saw the dog carcass, did he drive over it?

Why didn't he drive around it?

How fast were they all going?

Did anyone feel of hear anything as the driver went over the carcass, human or dog?

Why didn't they stop to check for car damage, at the very least?

Didn't the thought occur to the driver, or other occupants that he should have checked what he had hit? After all, he only 'thought' he saw a dog carcass.

And finally,

How could anyone continue their happy holiday with the death of a human being being so closely linked to their vehicle, whether that unfortunate person was dead or alive prior to being glued to the underside of this guy's car?

The police said they found other body parts along the road.

You have to have physically seen what a body does when hit at speed to appreciate it. 

They don't just break into pieces. 

The Jazz maybe. 

But not the person. 

Sounds like foul play along the way?

And they were unfortunately the poor souls who collected a piece or two.

Something to talk about on their holiday. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bundooman said:

How could anyone continue their happy holiday with the death of a human being being so closely linked to their vehicle, whether that unfortunate person was dead or alive prior to being glued to the underside of this guy's car?

Easy I used to command a tank pulled a few Iraqis out and continued my holiday no problem its just mince really ha ha

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AndyFoxy said:

So they do a hit and run, and then carry on with their holiday?

Their was an accident in Khlung earlier, rescue workers gave up the search for the body till it was light this was discovered at 6.30 am so just dawn. so I read in BP. Why not carry on with a holiday probably payed all ready for hotel and I would want a break after finding that, going home wouldn't help, also being near to collect the car on return trip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Quickmill said:

How half of a human body can get trapped under a honda jazz without nobody has a clue of what happened???

I Think you don't know 'Thai Drivers' Road Knowledge............ The police let them go so no foul play suspected.....

So many 'Thai' drivers don't have much experience... Keep that in mind, NOT that they were 'HIT_N_RUN.....

4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

And in saying that, you raise an important point which rules this incident out as a 'hit and run', at least not by the Honda Jazz.

The modern car, with its sloping bonnet line is designed not only to reduce the drag coefficient  but also to reduce the injury risk to pedestrians. Put simply, the victim is thrown over the car, not dragged under it. 

It's much more likely that the victim was hit earlier by a large vehicle and the shattered remains left in the road.

Not long after I came here to stay, the GF, now wife, was driving on the inside lane of the highway, she then slowed down and moved to the outer lane, it was a body, I told her to call the police and she just said something like better not to.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Why does a petrol station need a "lady parking" spot?

For safety in night-time to go toilet (without have to walk far in the darkness).

He park on a girls place, but nobody care (police include).

Thais no have any respect for any rules ("only me")...

The astonishing nature of this story from a personal perspective is not the horrific news itself, but that I am not surprised or shocked by this news. 

Horrific and grotesque incidents such as this in Thailand have been normalised by their frequency.

Had this occurred in the UK I would have been a lot more horrified, but as this has happened in Thailand my initial impression was... A lorry has hit someone and left the body on the roadway for more cars to drive over - another normal day. 

I’m wondering if here is not a trashed motorcycle somewhere on the edge of the road... a motorcyclist knocked off and then hit and chewed up by a following big vehicle (lorry). Amazing that no one following noticed a body (even partially dismembered) on the road - quite worrying at that apparent lack of attention while driving. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bundooman said:

This story creates so many thinking processes:

They were in 4 cars. Where in the procession, was the car that had human remains under it?

If they were 1st, 2nd and third  - did they see it? 

Did any of them hit it?

Did the police check under the other three cars for other evidence?

Did the other four drivers see a dog carcass?

did they see anything?

When the driver saw the dog carcass, did he drive over it?

Why didn't he drive around it?

How fast were they all going?

Did anyone feel of hear anything as the driver went over the carcass, human or dog?

Why didn't they stop to check for car damage, at the very least?

Didn't the thought occur to the driver, or other occupants that he should have checked what he had hit? After all, he only 'thought' he saw a dog carcass.

And finally,

Asking questions causes more work. That is what would normally take place, Thailand have different ways of doing things

11 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Coz the person was dead already. Nothing to do anymore

12 hours ago, Bundooman said:

To be fair, it’s the third of the Four Sights of Theravada Buddhism. Who are you to judge what their future insights into the incident will be? You project your own assumptions let alone their guilt, perhaps? (I don’t say so scoldingly).

Admittedly, one has to wonder how things would have been had the dead body Prince Siddartha saw had been intertwined in the wheel works of his chariot as opposed to by the side of the road. 

Edited by Asking for a friend