Residents angered by police conduct, warning shot, amid neighbourhood drug arrest

rooster59

Residents angered by police conduct, warning shot, amid neighbourhood drug arrest

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1615613869_1-org.jpg

Ms Chamoi points to where she was sitting when the altercation with the police officer started. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Residents in the Saphan Hin community on the outskirts of Phuket Town have railed against police conduct in arresting a drug suspect, which included shoving a 64-year-old woman over after an argument over her taking photos of the arrest, and firing a warning shot into the air in the middle of a small residential street to prevent the suspect from fleeing.

The commotion began when plainclothes officers arrived in the narrow street Saphan Hin Soi 6 on Thursday (Mar 11).

The officers arrived in three vehicles, one a black Isuzu SUV without licence plates, prompting local residents to gather around to see what the visitors wanted.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/residents-angered-by-police-conduct-warning-shot-amid-neighbourhood-drug-arrest-79325.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-03-14

50 minutes ago, madmitch said:

A solid 8/10 in the pointing stakes, but was she really sitting on a plastic ice bucket in the middle of the table?

I think she may have been dropping ice cubes into the bucket while squatting over it, rather than actually sitting on it.

I saw a lady doing it in a club once.

Then she did something with a banana.

Edited by Enoon
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Enoon said:

I think she may have been dropping ice cubes into the bucket while squatting over it, rather than actually sitting on it.

I saw a lady doing it in a club once.

Then she did something with a banana.

I'll have to google that, BRB

• Haha 1