Rocker Sek Loso sent to Min Buri remand prison

webfact

25-sek-lo.jpg

Photo from Sek Loso Facebook

Controversial Thai rock star Seksan Sukpimai, better known as “Sek Loso”, was sent to Min Buri remand prison today (Thursday), to serve his 2 years and 18 months jail term, after the Supreme Court rejected his appeal against the Appeal Court’s verdict.

Sek’s lawyer told the media that he will discuss an appeal against the Supreme Court’s order in 14 days with Mrs. Wipakorn, Sek’s wife.

The “bad boy” rocker was charged with using illegal drugs, illegal possession of firearms and resisting police arrest, all in connection with the police raid of his house in Bang Khen district of Bangkok on December 31st, 2017.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/rocker-sek-loso-sent-to-min-buri-remand-prison/

Logo-top-.png

8 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I was always a fan of Panthip.  

I used to go to The Hnga Caravan concerts and Reunions..

Tewan Saxophone was the best musician of that time.. I last heard he was in Switzerland - playing jazz festivals..

But maybe my favorite was Karn and the Bangkok Blues Band... they played at the saxophone club..

You know all these people right? 

• Like 2

Thai rocker Sek Loso granted bail in Min Buri after Supreme Court rejects his appeal

25-sek.jpg

Controversial Thai rock star Seksan Sukpimai, better known as “Sek Loso”, was sent to Min Buri remand prison today (Thursday), to serve his 2 years and 18-month jail term, after the Supreme Court rejected his appeal against the Appeal Court’s verdict.

Sek’s lawyer told the media that he will discuss an appeal against the Supreme Court’s order in 14 days with Mrs. Wipakorn, Sek’s wife.

The “bad boy” rocker was charged with using illegal drugs, illegal possession of firearms and resisting police arrest, all in connection with the police raid of his house in Bang Khen district of Bangkok on December 31st, 2017.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-rocker-sek-loso-granted-bail-in-min-buri-after-supreme-court-rejects-his-appeal/

Logo-top-.png
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

Yeah, that was the rule that allowed Kamnan Pho (The "GodFather of Chon Buri", father of the current mayors of Pattaya and Bang Saen and the current Culture Minister who was also a Pattaya Mayor).
He was convicted of murder and sentenced to 25 years in prison. He appealed and was let out on a 10 mil baht bail. Naturally, he disappeared and wasn't found again until years later when he had to go to a hospital.

Thaksin's wife (Potjaman Na Pombejra) was arrested in January 2008 and released on bail. She was convicted on 31 July and released on bail (again) to appeal.
A few days later, she flew to China with Thaksin to "attend the opening ceremonies of the Beijing Olympics". I put that in quotes as she took 9 large suitcases by herself. It was clear she had no intention of returning anytime soon.
(Thaksin and wife flew from China to the UK. Thaksin realized that his wealth wouldn't protect him after he had his lawyer try to bribe a judge and the lawyer ended up being sent to prison.)

There have been other cases as well of people being convicted of a serious crime, then being charged with a lessor crime which allowed them to be released on bail. Almost like it was planned that way...........

In the case of Kamnan Pho ... he was for certain in jail.  A very comfortable jail but jail non the less.  

1 minute ago, chilli42 said:

In the case of Kamnan Pho ... he was for certain in jail.  A very comfortable jail but jail non the less.  

Um no. Not initially.
He spent years on the run (somewhere) after skipping bail and was only in jail for the last 6 years of his life (he died of colon cancer in 2019).
He was convicted in June 2004 and evaded custody until 30 Jan 2013 (8 1/2 years). Due to his health, he probably spent most of his prison time in hospitals or prison medical facilities. More comfortable than most, but also probably mostly confined to a bed due to his condition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/25/2021 at 9:54 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Sometimes you need to ultimately pay the price.  Wonder when the Junta will get theirs.

I'm not religious per se, but believe they will get there's... bent over, as it were, by the big man when the time cometh!

Edited by daveAustin

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The popular rumor was that he was hiding out in Cambodia. After his arrest at a toll booth in Bangkok after visiting his doctor, it appeared that he had been living for at least the previous six years at the family estate in Chonburi. There were also reports of high-ranking local police and puyai's personally celebrating his birthday party's during his years of hiding in plain sight.

Indeed. It was kind of the "worst kept secret" as so many people knew where he was, but were smart enough to keep their mouths shut. 

Sek Loso probably won't have it so bad in prison, assuming he goes back (if his appeal of the appeal is turned down or the sentence is reduced). Might do him some good, give him a chance to "clean up". 

(I'm sure he's well aware of who Johnny Cash is by now, not that he'd go that way (country music) but remember, Jonny Cash used to sing rock & roll ! I still have a 45 of him singing "Ballad of a Teenage Queen" back in 1958. Interestingly Cash was never "in prison", having been jailed a couple of times for no more than a day each time for misdemeanours, but he did play a number of free concerts in various prisons over the years.)

On 3/26/2021 at 3:49 AM, RichardColeman said:

Something awfully wrong with the Thai legal system, that you can be convicted, sentenced and then allowed out on bail to appeal a turned down appeal to me.

Totally agree - LOS = Land of Solicitors.  Despite the millions of lawyers for hire, no justice is ever forthcoming; they just keep on milking.

• Like 1