Booking a business class flight to UK now- Good idea or not?

Scouse123

On 3/26/2021 at 8:19 PM, Scouse123 said:

I thought if we were only air side and not landed then we weren't classed as entering a country regarding red zone countries?

Don't think it's as simple as that.

There are local staff on the airside who need to be considered/fully protected. 

My reading indicates that passengers can transit at Changi Airport in Singapore, they are directed (under closed covering) to a specific room in which they are totally isolated passengers cannot leave this room except to go back to boarding area under covering. The room has special air conditioning separated from the main systems, any documents are processed using no contact process, food and drinks available all totally no contact. Being Singapore there would be little doubt this is all very well set up.

I guess there's a few international airports with the same facilities but I doubt that all airports want to set up these facilities. 

Different example, I explored a flight from Bangkok to Sydney on the local carrier with stopover in Manila.

Airline company says passengers can transit at Manila.

Government agency says cannot. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, treetops said:

It'll be the Turkish Airlines lounge in BKK unless they re-open their own one, so not a bad alternative.  Only Concourse B Lounge is open in DXB at the moment.  A380 (fully flat seats) resumes to BKK next week which is always a plus for me, although I don't even notice the slightly angled seat on the B777.

I've got a BKK-UK ticket waiting to get flown but I'll wait until UAE is off the red list before using it if I can.  I think I've got until December this year.

I may see you on the flight then  ????

• Like 1

In October Air France BKK-LHR return Business is 84,425 (vio CDG)

BKK-CDG is 96,435.

But if you only want to fly to Paris don't think to purchase a BKK-LHR ticket to save 12,000 THB as AF will penalise you for failing to fly the CDG-LHR leg. 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2021 at 9:26 AM, Scouse123 said:

I have booked and the total cost was 1556 GBP. That includes a comfort class flight to UK, I get my dedicated seat and lounge access, which I have anyway with membership tier, and return I go with the flow as I get a Q suite anyway for the DOH-BKK leg.

Multi changes to ticket which are all free and if airline cancels I can get a full refund or vouchers plus 10% additional on value of my booking.

I am happy with flight times, and although I might be taking a bit of a gamble, it's not a lot of money really due to the fact I haven't been home to see my sons for in excess now of 2 years, and my other half is not coming on this trip.

Flights like these are normally around the 3000 GBP mark, so I think a decent result. We don't know what's happening in the world but it gives them another six months to get the vaccines well and truly circulating around the countries heavily reliant on tourism.

Incidentally, Etihad air was booking tickets at the 1450 GBP mark for business return.

Haven't seen your lads for over 2 years..that must hurt,  imagine getting back and they both had Everton shirts on..coyb..

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, lanng khao said:

Haven't seen your lads for over 2 years..that must hurt,  imagine getting back and they both had Everton shirts on..coyb..

It's worse than that, one has turned into a Man U supporter.......????????

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2021 at 11:37 AM, polpott said:

I need to arrive in Manchester. Traditionally the Middle Eastern airlines had the most flights and were cheaper. I also prefer my stopover mid journey. However, need to book a flight today and am mulling between transfer in Holland and Finland. Probably go with Finland as situation is deteriorating rapidly in Holland and may be declared a red zone before my flight.

I mean, if you think Tom Cruise is cool. You got another thing comin!

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...