Bangkok and suburbs could be declared Red zones as Thonglor COVID cluster threatens to get out of control

webfact

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

Meanwhile the loonies running the country are allowing people to travel the length and breadth of the country, carrying the virus with them, absolutely bloody ridiculous.

Are you accepting any house guest???

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, toolpush said:

Months? I can see this insanity going on for years

Don't worry, just remember what Prayut said when the virus first broke out, I am in control here. 

So don't panic, once he jabs all the Myanmar fish workers and the fleeing refugees things will return to normal. 

It has been suggested on ThaiVisa that the people do something about the rules the government is using. How can the people do anything about a dictatorship? Just like in the U.S. - One Party Rule.

On 4/6/2021 at 6:09 AM, colinneil said:

Meanwhile the loonies running the country are allowing people to travel the length and breadth of the country, carrying the virus with them, absolutely bloody ridiculous.

Exactly as they did for Songkran last year and for New Year.

Remind me what happened again in these two instances ?

Any major up country outbreaks reported ? 

It’s actually not as daft as it sounds, getting a lot of people out of Bangkok reduces risk in the densely populated economic & political capital.

As per the previous 2 cases above, I fully expect, if numbers continue in the current vein, that a lockdown/further restrictions will be announced for Bangkok during Songkran to encourage people to stay up country a while longer, rather than returning to Bangkok.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, realfunster said:

Exactly as they did for Songkran last year and for New Year.

Remind me what happened again in these two instances ?

Any major up country outbreaks reported ? 

You surely cannot be serious, songkran last year, a handful of cases country shutdown, this year thousands of cases, no shutdown, bloody crazy.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GeniusFarang said:

I mean if you think injecting an experimental non-approved gene therapy into everyone (where 80% of people don’t want it because they still have a brain) and you like to see government tyranny in action then sure. 

A gene therapy?  Really? Such a creative use of language and science. Anyway, nobody is going to inject a vaccine into a person who does not want it.  Just make it available, people will sort out whether they want it or not.

14 hours ago, colinneil said:

You surely cannot be serious, songkran last year, a handful of cases country shutdown, this year thousands of cases, no shutdown, bloody crazy.

Really ? Daily cases look in the same range as last April (minimal testing being done) & December 2020. I know the case numbers have increased to 300+ today. If an outbreak is a concern, all the more reason to get a reasonable % of people out of the densely populated & higher risk Bangkok, prior to restrictions being announced in coming days. (Jan/Feb 21 peaks due to immigrant labour cluster outbreaks. )

46CA5C76-A04E-46BC-ADA4-BF0811C5E098.jpeg

Edited by realfunster

5 hours ago, realfunster said:

Really ? Daily cases look in the same range as last April (minimal testing being done) & December 2020. I know the case numbers have increased to 300+ today. If an outbreak is a concern, all the more reason to get a reasonable % of people out of the densely populated & higher risk Bangkok, prior to restrictions being announced in coming days. (Jan/Feb 21 peaks due to immigrant labour cluster outbreaks. )

46CA5C76-A04E-46BC-ADA4-BF0811C5E098.jpeg

Nonsense last april there was not over 300 cases per day.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 1:04 PM, Skallywag said:

You are a Thai citizen? 

Repatriation flights and ASQ in Thailand started over 5 months ago

Good luck, at least the ASQ is down to 10 days now

Nope, I'm American! Wifey is Thai.... ????

Yes, 4 days shorter! WOO HOO! Got a 10,000 baht refund. Thanks Skally! ❤️

On 4/6/2021 at 11:43 AM, wensiensheng said:

Why? Did the script in Sweden and Florida work so well? Most news reports suggest the opposite imho. Too many reports to link here in fact

The Dr. who was running the Swedish project says they made a mistake by not locking down