Thailand reports 1,335 new COVID-19 cases

webfact

49 minutes ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Why has this Government allowed this to happen,, Thailand has had relatively low covid figures for the past 12 Months, compared to other Countries, and had the opportunity to vaccinate the population,       But NO, they wait until the covid infections start to explode, and deaths will surely follow, this Government should be ashamed of its self, and will have blood on there hands. 

Some members of this  government already have blood on there hands from positions they held previously and not from Covid. You think they care  about covid fatalities ? The saying is "The pen is mightier than the sword" with this crowd it should be " The trough is mightier than healthcare"

Edited by Excel
  • Like 2

"The Thai Chamber of Commerce (TCC) will offer private sites to accommodate the national vaccination program as hospitals may not be able to accommodate too many people at the same time.

TCC board chairman Sanan Angubolkul said over 200 businesses nationwide have offered their premises as COVID-19 vaccination centers to help speed up inoculations, based on the criteria of convenience, ease of access, connection with public transport, sufficient parking and ability to accommodate at least 2,000 people per day.

All facilities should also be enough space to ensure social distancing, and will be linked to medical personnel and emergency services to deliver urgent cases to hospital within 15 minutes.

Screenshot_2.jpg.c24c4a9bc23d5dcf2a2c299247d9858c.jpg

"The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has transformed the Bangkok Arena in Nong Chok district into a 500-bed field hospital for COVID-19 patients as daily cases rise.

Bangkok Governor Aswin Kwanmuang said the field hospital will be named ‘Erawan Hospital 2’ and will open for public use on April 19 after installing various systems, including ventilation, CCTV cameras, garbage disposal and wastewater management.

He said the BMA has also prepared patient registration booths and waiting rooms for relatives, as well as improving the building’s security."

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10157949444782050

Screenshot_3.jpg.f1b21dd63e5281f1b849209a7f9ff6b2.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

it's as if they want it to spread, I can think of no other rational logical reason apart from astonishing stupidity 

I can think of another reason, to perpetuate the cult of personality as the saviour of the Thai people from COVID.

Hope it is just the stupidity. 

• Like 1

Thailand reports 1,335 new COVID-19 cases. 

Not a problem We got this under Control . 

That's what they Said ,But they never did and did Nothing to stop this last Outbreak.

No one listens or does the Right thing no masks ,Have Parties ,Funeral Gatherings ,Wedding Parties ,Clubs and Drinking Parties ,Domestic traveling Tourists . No one gives a Flying Fritz.

There's some Animal Farm thing just here ,Elephants monkeys Tigers and some more Every day at Least 10 busses Full visit this place . It only takes 1 to infect the Whole Place ,Care Factor ,,,,Zero.

17 minutes ago, gunderhill said:

Just to cheer  things up a  bit a new  strain has been reported from London

They fear the South African variant is spreading in London where many have been vaccinated.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, sharecropper said:

And increasing numbers accompanied by the total absence of political leadership from this incompetent, cowardly regime.

It is about time you realised that the government (or any for that matter) is no smarter than you, and you just control your own destiny without blaming others.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, wasabi said:

At some point will herd immunity occur without vaccines? I have very little faith in Thailand's vaccination program but at some point most of the population will have had Covid. I know this is not the desirable way to manage a pandemic but not sure if there is any other way out here? Then again perhaps all the different variants make it impossible without a vaccine?

variants start to be resistant to some vaccines already, and with the mutations on the spike protein, variants more and more resistant and contagious will appear.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Less than doubling is hardly exponential. 

If you look at the trend it seems to be doubling roughly every 4.5days. In the UK the epidemiologists in briefings often quoted the doubling time as I think they use it to feed into possible R-1 number. All infectious viruses grow exponentially without interventions, be it over 2 days or 200 days, this is one factor that allows them to work out the R number at a particular point in time.

• Like 2

Look at Chile who vaccinated over 7 millions of ppl on 19 millions+ with the Chinese Coronavac from Sinovac. It does not work...A study shows that no effect , no protection after the 1st dose is granted after 4-6 weeks or merely 3% which could also be considered as the error margin...and ONLY 56,5% , 2 weeks after the 2nd dose.

Besides, a partial vaccination and partial protection fosters the emergence of resistant variants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Does that take into account that these blood clot cases are much younger than most of those that die from covid?If you make a comparison based on comparable ages is the chance of dying from covid still greater?Say the under 50's?Is that why Governments are choosing to pause AZ and J&J?

And they're all women. Cuts your odds down even more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cedel said:

Look at Chile who vaccinated over 7 millions of ppl on 19 millions+ with the Chinese Coronavac from Sinovac. It does not work...A study shows that no effect , no protection after the 1st dose is granted after 4-6 weeks or merely 3% which could also be considered as the error margin...and ONLY 56,5% , 2 weeks after the 2nd dose.

Besides, a partial vaccination and partial protection fosters the emergence of resistant variants.

Chile death rates are soaring despite being in the top 3 in the world for vaccination roll out.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

"The Thai Retailers Association and the Thai Shopping Center Association have unanimously decided that all shopping malls and department stores nationwide will close at 9pm every day from Thursday 15th April onwards."

https://www.facebook.com/richardbarrowthailand/posts/3128368635359

Great to know the virus only comes out after 9.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

getting way too close for comfort for me. i now know multiple people who either have it, are in isolation or sick and awaiting results. multiple positive kids at my son's school as well (hua hin)

this outbreak is much bigger than before

local hospitals are either refusing to test or trying to get people to pay with many refusing to do so. no beds anyway. one of the kids from school sent home positive and whole family been sick for days.

i suppose at least they are at home, which is good for them but its obvious the system is creaking already with only a few hundred cases.

If you personally know several people who have it, you must be a doctor or the figures are completely understated. There are fewer than active 8000 cases in the entire country.

Waiting for results does not count as being infected.  Hopefully,  nobody is isolated unless they are infected.

Not every sniffle is covid, most people with covid do not get sick at all. I know a few people who had covid and had no symptoms. 

Life will continue .. 1300 infections in a country of more than 65 million. In Europe and the USA there are so many more infections and the world doesn't end.  

The measures in place will not eradicate a virus- they suppress it for some time (to give society time to get PPE, hospital capacity, which was the original intent). Zero- covid is an illusion and requires you to stay home forever.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

My sister (72yo) fell ill and started having difficulty breathing. She struggled on and collapsed after a few days and luckily someone in the family was able to call an ambulance. She ended up in hospital on a ventilator in an induced coma for many days and finally began a slow recovery and was woken up and taken off it. She is one of the lucky ones who has survived. This was a few months ago. She is OK, but has seriously compromised lungs and ongoing issues.

The hospital tested her no less than four times to get the right diagnosis. It was pneumonia, every time, NOT Covid. This was in the UK by the way.

I am amazed that there is no talk any more about the seriousness of flu and pneumonia which are deadly diseases and rampant in most countries in the world.

When someone in a condo gets flu and pneumonia do they sanitize the common areas and lifts? Do they start checking everyone's temperature on entrance? Do they make everyone in the building self isolate? Do citizens on Thailand demand that provinces are locked down immediately and businesses closed? Never to my knowledge.

Flu and pneumonia are real killers. Don't anyone try to tell me otherwise. People who don't die can be left with lifelong problems, just like Covid.

According to the latest WHO data published in 2018 Influenza and Pneumonia Deaths in Thailand reached 44,549 or 9.11% of total deaths.

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/thailand-influenza-pneumonia

That’s 3,712 deaths PER MONTH in Thailand from flu and pneumonia.

In an entire YEAR there have been 97 deaths in Thailand attributed to Covid-19. In the two weeks since the start of this latest spike, statistically (we have no evidence because it is not reported) there have probably been around 1,856 DEATHS from flu and pneumonia in Thailand and goodness knows how many more cases of infections.

These 44,000 deaths in 2018 could also have been from a similar coronavirus. This would explain the relatively low infection in the country although Chinese tourists entered freely in the beginning of 2020.

Maybe there is some form of cross-immunity after similar CV was present in the region previously. 

Also true that nobody cleaned condo lifts etc during flu season (I also had a classmate in school who passed away from the flu at 19).  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rabas said:

Asymptomatic cases test positive for the virus, that is the meaning of asymptomatic case, how they know.

Many, but not all asymptomatic cases eventually become symptomatic.

That is completely wrong.. Most asymptomatic cases of covid remain asymptomatic until the person has recovered. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, phills2k1 said:

At this point, the only way to go about things is to assume everyone has it and act accordingly.

If you don't care about contracting it, so be it. But if you do, then you have to play it this way. It's not overreacting, it's just smart. Especially with this variant and once everyone comes back

That's it!

'Homosapienophobia': A fearful and socially debilitating belief that everyone is dangerous until proven healthy.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

Great to know the virus only comes out after 9.

and after a full day of shopping, that's when it leaps from the deep dark recesses and hitches a ride home.  Tools they are.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

That is completely wrong.. Most asymptomatic cases of covid remain asymptomatic until the person has recovered. 

You better look at the recent studies.  Your relying on outdated data for your view. Links listed back a few pages will give you the true new story.  I posted one and so has @TallGuyJohninBKK.  Even if asymptomatic can still spread the virus and have respiratory issues.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I've read that Bangkok is considering locking down after Songkran when those that left Bangkok without infection have a greater chance of having an infection when they return for the lockdown so they can infect those that haven't been infected in Bangkok yet just to make it more of a challenge on top of lockdown stress when few will be able to work to pay for food,I hope there's some loose change left in the Gov's pockets to help support those in need. It 

seems Thailand's covid management skills have suddenly departed.

I believe they are in the bunker and waiting for the submarines to arrive so they can leave the country down the Chao Phraya River into the gulf and out to the Andaman Sea, where they will meet Mr. Big and party on Fantasy Island. 

Thailand's Usurpers have created quite the debacle and mess this time around.  Sorry to be so blunt, but where have they been the past 5 days, all AWOL because they have self isolated and quarantined their already vaccinated selves.  Of course I am a little upset over this, we all have skin in the game and they have left us on the field without any proper leadership to ensure all is done, I mean everything is done to stop this spread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Antonymous said:

My sister (72yo) fell ill and started having difficulty breathing. She struggled on and collapsed after a few days and luckily someone in the family was able to call an ambulance. She ended up in hospital on a ventilator in an induced coma for many days and finally began a slow recovery and was woken up and taken off it. She is one of the lucky ones who has survived. This was a few months ago. She is OK, but has seriously compromised lungs and ongoing issues.

The hospital tested her no less than four times to get the right diagnosis. It was pneumonia, every time, NOT Covid. This was in the UK by the way.

I am amazed that there is no talk any more about the seriousness of flu and pneumonia which are deadly diseases and rampant in most countries in the world.

When someone in a condo gets flu and pneumonia do they sanitize the common areas and lifts? Do they start checking everyone's temperature on entrance? Do they make everyone in the building self isolate? Do citizens on Thailand demand that provinces are locked down immediately and businesses closed? Never to my knowledge.

Flu and pneumonia are real killers. Don't anyone try to tell me otherwise. People who don't die can be left with lifelong problems, just like Covid.

According to the latest WHO data published in 2018 Influenza and Pneumonia Deaths in Thailand reached 44,549 or 9.11% of total deaths.

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/thailand-influenza-pneumonia

That’s 3,712 deaths PER MONTH in Thailand from flu and pneumonia.

In an entire YEAR there have been 97 deaths in Thailand attributed to Covid-19. In the two weeks since the start of this latest spike, statistically (we have no evidence because it is not reported) there have probably been around 1,856 DEATHS from flu and pneumonia in Thailand and goodness knows how many more cases of infections.

Very well said. 

And by the way, thank you for sharing that information. it was extremely insightful. 

Edited by Kaopad999
  • Thanks 1