Hospitalization Is still compulsory for all COVID-19 patients

webfact

4 minutes ago, webfact said:

He said all hospitals under the ministry’s supervision were being instructed to set aside ICU beds as more severe cases were anticipated this week

4 dead in todays count. Two 78 year old's, an 86 year old Indian woman and a 30 year old male who was obese but traveled in the Thonglor circle.

Many more on ventilators, but I missed the number when it was posted and discussed.  Lots of this briefing is discussing the massive increase in India as well.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

4 dead in todays count. Two 78 year old's, an 86 year old Indian woman and a 30 year old male who was obese but traveled in the Thonglor circle.

Many more on ventilators, but I missed the number when it was posted and discussed.  Lots of this briefing is discussing the massive increase in India as well.

55 people on ventilators

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Todays count, seems they are reluctant to release it 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Is is very strange approach. Сan lead to a shortage of beds for critically ill patients, as was the case in Italy.
What is the reason to hospitalize asymptomatic patients? Home quarantine is sufficient in this case.

That is your view and the view of a few others, but not the view of this government who is no reaping the rewards of overflowing hospitals because of their inability to make a tough decision and allowed this to occur.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, smedly said:

so no data released as of yet today on numbers 

I wonder why

It is released there is a post now running for todays numbers and stats.

Edited by ThailandRyan

16 minutes ago, smedly said:

As I have said before - this strategy is flawed, people who are not ill should be in self quarantine in their own homes and have no interaction with others and not leave their residence

Definitely......the fly in the ointment is people will not do this....or not do it effectively.

7 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Calm down! Eventually will have the blood test because I know we will all have to get the vaccine anyway if we want a semi normal life. They think immunity last 6-8 months up to a possible several years. Yes I am definitely sure I have had it as the symptoms all stacked up at the right time. So how about a 99.99%!

Lack of smell was mostly associated with later strains not the early D614 strain in Thailand.  Anosmia was very rare until found in new strains in Germany. ref  Other than that, considering how few covid cases there were in February 2020, and how common flus and colds are, 99.99% seems on the high side.

If I thought I may have had it, I would break down doors to get a test so I knew what my status was. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, garzhe said:

All tests give a percentage of false positive results, some as much as 15% I believe. That would mean that there must be a substantial number in hospitals who have tested false positive, not sick and surrounded by other infected patients in government hospitals and field hospitals.

Good point!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pilotman said:

and there you have it.  Nobody will get voluntarily tested if the result means that they end up away from home in a field hospital, even if they show no symptoms. 

And yet they are lining up in droves.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

For some....those field hospitals are quite an attractive option.

Get away from the family for a while. More space.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1