Hospitalization Is still compulsory for all COVID-19 patients

webfact

Just now, rabas said:

Lack of smell was mostly associated with later strains not the early D614 strain in Thailand.  Anosmia was very rare until found in new strains in Germany. ref  Other than that, considering how few covid cases there were in February 2020, and how common flus and colds are, 99.99% seems on the high side.

If I thought I may have had it, I would break down doors to get a test so I knew what my status was. 

CM was always full of Chinese tourists in and out and Chinese staying here coming from direct flights and from BKK transfer flights. It was not a flu and I had symptoms never experienced before. No taste was the thing with a non stop runny nose, and harder to breathe, etc. I will eventually get the blood test to confirm yes or no. I am actually due to get a blood test beginning of next month as for my yearly, so just might include it in those tests.

55 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

I will eventually get the blood test to confirm yes or no. I am actually due to get a blood test beginning of next month as for my yearly, so just might include it in those tests.

No chance, that antibody test shows nothing after about 6 months so you're not going to find out anything from a potential infection a year ago - it's too late already.

That doesn't mean immunity isn't there, it's just not in antibody form, it remains and there's no easy way to test for it outside of the UK based on what I read and even there it's a brand new test and I'm not sure they've started using it yet.

What you need is a T cell test but they are not available.

• Like 1

With this strategy people who might feel sick and have symptoms report sick leave with another cause and hopefully isolate themselves at home. At least that's what I would do. Excellent for the government, both numbers, infected patients and hospitalized persons go down!

5 hours ago, smedly said:

As I have said before - this strategy is flawed, people who are not ill should be in self quarantine in their own homes and have no interaction with others and not leave their residence

Yeah well we all know how that works out.

5 hours ago, Dmitry2222 said:

Is is very strange approach. Сan lead to a shortage of beds for critically ill patients, as was the case in Italy.
What is the reason to hospitalize asymptomatic patients? Home quarantine is sufficient in this case.

Because they don’t trust people to self isolate at home, similar tourists have to quarantine as they can’t be trusted either.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pilotman said:

and there you have it.  Nobody will get voluntarily tested if the result means that they end up away from home in a field hospital, even if they show no symptoms. 

Unlikely to contribute to an increase in the use of their tracking apps either.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CLW said:

With this strategy people who might feel sick and have symptoms report sick leave with another cause and hopefully isolate themselves at home. At least that's what I would do. Excellent for the government, both numbers, infected patients and hospitalized persons go down!

"Hopefully" being the key word there. I would choose the words "unlikely to" myself. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, smedly said:

It is now believed the the primary transmission of CV19 is air bourn (look it up)

This means that these sites - Hospitals - Field Hospitals/Hotels etc are all infection hot spots, now while some might argue - what difference does that make since everyone at these locations are already tested and confirmed to have CV19, here is the problem, with all the various dangerous variants now roaming around the world these hot spots could expose already infected people to other variants of CV19

As I have said before - this strategy is flawed, people who are not ill should be in self quarantine in their own homes and have no interaction with others and not leave their residence

If you are infected with one variant, you are not going to be infected by another. 

13 hours ago, Caldera said:

"Department of Medical Services (DMS) Director-General Dr Somsak Akksilp said fears over the current situation related more to long waits for hospital beds rather than a shortage of beds"

Marvelous. Let's not call it a shortage of beds, but long waits for beds instead. Who does he think he's fooling?

Easy to fool people with an average IQ of 80.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I can tell you with almost absolute certainty that no Thais that work for me would voluntarily go to be tested given the consequences of being hospitalised at one of these concentration camp style facilities.

It has been discussed at length during staff meetings and socially and they are just as reluctant as we farangs are!

Not at all surprising and they get it free.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2021 at 11:54 AM, Dmitry2222 said:

Is is very strange approach. Сan lead to a shortage of beds for critically ill patients, as was the case in Italy.
What is the reason to hospitalize asymptomatic patients? Home quarantine is sufficient in this case.

I think the root problem key this issue is trust.

Simply put: there is none. 

Do you think there should be? 

If you've been here very long you get my point. 

1 minute ago, RocketDog said:

I think the root problem key this issue is trust.

Simply put: there is none. 

Do you think there should be? 

If you've been here very long you get my point. 

Trust is not a word human beings understand, there are probably a few people wandering around in various parts of the globe who are supposed to be self isolating but don’t and some even at work.

13 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

If you are infected with one variant, you are not going to be infected by another. 

Really? So the initial virus protects from subsequent ones like a turf war? Do they go to battle ? What weapons are used? Do they infect each other? Duel with their spikes? Form blockades around human cells for their own use? Viral tear gas or pepper spray? Produce antibodies that disable their opponents? How do they see each other in all that blood? Is it possible they form coalitions? 

Your statement seems illogical. Bacterial infections most certainly do not behave this way. For them it's 'the more the merrier'. 

I'd like to see the data you have for this pronouncement. I'm genuinely interested in the mechanism behind this. 

12 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Trust is not a word human beings understand, there are probably a few people wandering around in various parts of the globe who are supposed to be self isolating but don’t and some even at work.

I bet it's more than a few. Exactly my point. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Really? So the initial virus protects from subsequent ones like a turf war? Do they go to battle ? What weapons are used? Do they infect each other? Duel with their spikes? Form blockades around human cells for their own use? Viral tear gas or pepper spray? Produce antibodies that disable their opponents? How do they see each other in all that blood? Is it possible they form coalitions? 

Your statement seems illogical. Bacterial infections most certainly do not behave this way. For them it's 'the more the merrier'. 

I'd like to see the data you have for this pronouncement. I'm genuinely interested in the mechanism behind this. 

You would indeed be surprised that coronaviruses exclude each other. Even some forms of the common cold will exclude Covid-19.

How the common cold can boot out Covid

Edited by Danderman123
  • Haha 1

On 4/20/2021 at 6:30 PM, Sheryl said:

Virtually no farang who is not seriously ill will.

It does not seem to deter many Thais.

Do you remember the fuss made about a year ago by Thais living abroad who had asymptomatic COVID and were outraged to be sent home with it, and demanded that the government help bring them v]back to Thailand so they could get "proper" care (i.e. Thai style - unnecessary medictations of doubtful benefit & unnecessary hospitalization).

Yes... one Thai lady made a vlog about being ’sent away from UK hospital’ with paracetamol for mild symptoms... 

I think she video her decline and ultimately passed away... never going back to hospital as her condition worsened. 

There was some local netizen outrage at the time and Yinn had a field day on this forum accusing all the Brits of killing a Thai while Thailand was handling this crisis perfectly !!! 

33 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:
4 hours ago, RocketDog said:

Expand  

You would indeed be surprised that coronaviruses exclude each other. Even some forms of the common cold will exclude Covid-19.

Highly interesting point, but the source you presented does not back up your point. 

The article discusses ‘Rhinoviruses’ not Coronaviruses ‘booting out Covid’.

Approximately 40% of household colds are caused by Rhinoviruses, RSV and parainfluenza cause about 20% of household colds, 20% of colds are caused by Coronaviruses of which there are 4 attributed to the common cold. An estimated 20% of household colds are from unidentified viruses and irritants. 

Thus, there is no proof that one variant of SARS-CoV-2 prevents another variant from taking hold, quite the contrary could exist where a variant of SARS-CoV-2 could ‘hold the door open’ for more serious variants to take hold - or more accurately for the body which may already be fighting a mild variant to kick off with an overblown cytokine-storm and overwhelm the respiratory system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

I stand corrected. Thanks for the link. No info on when this work was done, presumably recently. Fortuitous indeed!

As illogical as it seems on the surface, at least this one team has proven it. Now some peer review and reproducing the results is necessary.

So the one pathogen causes the host immune system to create antibodies against other pathogen.

"If rhinovirus and Sars-CoV-2 were released at the same time, only rhinovirus is successful. If rhinovirus had a 24-hour head start then Sars-CoV-2 does not get a look in. And even when Sars-CoV-2 had 24-hours to get started, rhinovirus boots it out."

So the trick is to get infected with the 'good' virus before the 'bad' virus multiplies and pick the 'good' one carefully.

It sounds promising, but no info on how covid will respond more than a 24 hr head start, which it surely would have by the time the host feels symptoms.

I read today that a group has found at part of the spike protein that is common to ALL corona strains. Potentially meaning that if the immune systems can be activated against that protein, then infection  by any corona variant would be curtailed. It does rely on the mRNA method used by Pfizer/Moderna, but uses a bacterial E coli vector having the native DNA removed and replaced with the spike protein mRNA.

So at least two lights in the tunnel. Let's hope it isn't two trains. 5555

On 4/20/2021 at 2:29 PM, starky said:

Probably be free wife no wifi

Internet will probably be required as 'patients' will use Line to talk with doctors rather than having close and unnecessary contact with them. 

6 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Like the story of the US frat house where everyone was infected. The young guy was interviewed in the street. No mask, of course. Most Thai households couldn't do it easily. They often share rooms and share the house with their elderly, increasing the risk to them.