Online system for foreigners to reduce overcrowding at immigration offices

Jonathan Fairfield

90 day online back up...great!

Now, what's the next shoe to drop?

Mandatory vaccinations. ...you know, dirty farangs.

Can't do a permission to stay without it.

Of course....free for those of us who pumps millions into this country....(sarcasum)

13 hours ago, ukrules said:

Why did they turn this system off before?

If I were a betting guy ........ and betting wasn't illegal.

I'd bet they turned it off because they are staffed to deal with 40M foreigners/year, but now only have 500K foreigners as customers. They need as many foreign bodies as they can get through their doors.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Costs me virtually nothing to go and do my 90 day and takes less than 5 minutes when I'm there. Different people have different situations.

Unfortunately time is not worthless for all of us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnOFphon said:

90 day online back up...great!

Now, what's the next shoe to drop?

Mandatory vaccinations. ...you know, dirty farangs.

Can't do a permission to stay without it.

Of course....free for those of us who pumps millions into this country....(sarcasum)

Dollars to donuts there will be agents who will know how to get a pain free vaccination card-but maybe I'm not supposed to say that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Enzian said:

Dollars to donuts there will be agents who will know how to get a pain free vaccination card-but maybe I'm not supposed to say that.

I'll try to find the report, but a foreigner tried this.  Expelled from the country on arrival with the fake card.

This is ridiculous, they should have gotten the online system up before the virus spread.

Now it's too late, many provinces are now in red zones.

This shows poor planning. Mai ben rai until the virus strikes.....

I had to waste one trip to immig. office when the virus struck because the online system was done.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

With the system being down for so long I expected the system to be more efficient, i.e. the report would go immediately onto the database and an immediate confirmation issued.

Of course it isn't. It seems it's just a simple reporting system that still needs manual intervention and from what many seem to say, it's a system that is still not working properly.

20th century technology in 2021.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, madmitch said:

With the system being down for so long I expected the system to be more efficient, i.e. the report would go immediately onto the database and an immediate confirmation issued.

Of course it isn't. It seems it's just a simple reporting system that still needs manual intervention and from what many seem to say, it's a system that is still not working properly.

20th century technology in 2021.

Not sure if it is still not working properly as several posters have already reported successful applications.

But , it is overly complicated to access the form required to report online and maybe some posters are struggling to navigate the unnecessary steps required.

See my post 2 above this one.

19 hours ago, zhounan said:

I still don't understand how it works. I've been trying to do it online for a year, but I always get the same error.

What do you enter in the field TM6 and Arrival Date? My last TM6 is dated March 2020 and maybe that's the problem.

I'm tired of pay 500 baht for a taxi to get a stamp on a paper in two minutes.

For the TM6 fields you must enter the date on the TM6, using the drop down menus. You cannot just type it in. Actually for ALL of the fields you must use the drop down menus where they exist. So for example, you could type American for nationality, but it will not be accepted, you must use the drop down menu and select American. ... Good luck .... it does work.

4 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Yeah, it ain't rocket science. A simple form where you fill out your name and address and details from your passport.

I don't need a maid to do mine, doing it online is so simple, and it works for me, i.e. when the system is up and running, maids are for other uses, not admin. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, zhounan said:

I still don't understand how it works. I've been trying to do it online for a year, but I always get the same error.

What do you enter in the field TM6 and Arrival Date? My last TM6 is dated March 2020 and maybe that's the problem.

I have had exactly the same issue as you on multiple occasions. My last arrival date was October 2019 -- and the system just wouldn't take it if I fill in that date and the corresponding TM6 number, instead coughing up an error code every single time.

I'll give it another try now that the app allegedly has been fixed/repaired.

Also tried the mail path four times in the past. Despite having included a self-addressed, stamped envelope each and every time, I never received any of the 90-day receipts back.

Had no choice but personally turn up at immigration when my 90 days were up.

It's so annoying. What a screwed-up system. 

18 minutes ago, Tidybeard said:

Good luck .... it does work.

I wish people would not state this. Rather 

.........it works for some. 

I had success online in Oct last year. Followed by no success in Jan (was working) had to go in person MTT.

Now current one due April 28.

Won't work. Used net and app. 

And no I haven obtained new passport etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Changoverandout said:

After completing the form and trying to submit I get a message saying go to immigration 

8C1597C0-371E-41C8-BA35-FE7C407076E3.png

You must submit within 15 to 7 days before due date. If you want to report after that, you have to report in person.

Sometimes, they change the window of reporting.

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 1

The online system doesn't work. The reason they made it is to benefit their cronies and make more inconvenience to foreigners by creating more hassles. A good system would make reporting a hassle free and seamless process but things never change or improve here.

Why would they want to improve the system, many would lose jobs and they could not collect fines anymore. That's how things work here. 

9 minutes ago, EricTh said:

You must submit within 15 to 7 days before due date. If you want to report after that, you have to report in person.

Sometimes, they change the window of reporting.

That is also my experience AND the instruction given to me by IO.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, zhounan said:

Post the damn thing! 

5 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Costs me virtually nothing to go and do my 90 day and takes less than 5 minutes when I'm there. Different people have different situations.

It works easily for me in Kamphaeng Phet every time.