Online system for foreigners to reduce overcrowding at immigration offices

Jonathan Fairfield

59 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I don't need a maid to do mine, doing it online is so simple, and it works for me, i.e. when the system is up and running, maids are for other uses, not admin. 

Yes I agree it is simple. I am a bit surprised with all the complaints on this forum from people who can't figure it out.

Makes you wonder.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

How do you slip money under the table online?

How many times have you had to "slip money" to do a 90 day report (which is free anyway)?

Been here 25+ years and never had to, nor never been asked to, "slip money" to any immigration official for anything.  

Or do you like to just go around randomly "slipping money" to people for things that are free and then complain online about it?  Everyone needs a hobby I guess....

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, EricTh said:

You must submit within 15 to 7 days before due date. If you want to report after that, you have to report in person.

Sometimes, they change the window of reporting.

That was changed some time ago, it is now 15 days up until your due date.

• Thanks 1

For those unaware of it, there is another alternative -  90 day reports by postal mail. All you need is

1. A TM47 form, completed, signed and dated 15-7 days prior to the due date.

2. A copy of your passport, main page, 1st and last visa stamps and a copy of your TM6 (both sides), all pages signed (certified)

3.  A self addressed, stamped envelope (37 baht stamp for return by EMS allows for tracking and a screen shot of completed tracking provides proof that you sent it on time)

4.  The original of your last 90 day Receipt of Notification (keep a copy of it in your passport until you get the new one back)

5.  The nearest post office.

It must be mailed  not earlier than 15 days and not later than 7 days before the due date on the Receipt of Notification form.  The new Receipt of Notification form is usually returned in about 10 days from CW, for example, but it might take longer  if there are any holidays.  If you do not get the Receipt of Notification form back 30 days after the due date on the old form, then you would have to report in person and show the proof that you mailed it.  See 3. above.  

Pros: 

- Usually there will be no need to visit a physical Immigration Office (after you make your 1st 90 day report in person)

- No hassles with the online system

- You can reuse the copy of your passport and TM6.

- You can prepare all documents for 4 90 day periods in  in advance except the Receipt of Notification

Cons:

- Some may feel anxiety while waiting for the Receipt by postal mail.

Having been here too long to use the online system, using the postal mail method has been working well for me for the past 3-4 years prior to which I reported in person. 

• Thanks 2

When Koh Samui allows us to do it I will do it they do not offer the online reporting and have never done it I think you can do online in Suratthani but my office is Samui and when I have asked I just get a shrug of the shoulders every office in the Kingdom should be up and running as it’s been available fir a couple of years 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Costs me virtually nothing to go and do my 90 day and takes less than 5 minutes when I'm there. Different people have different situations.

I have my completed form on my computer print it out sign and date it usually takes about 5 to 10 minutes at the immigration office and I'm done of course it takes about an hour and a half to drive there 

21 hours ago, zhounan said:

I still don't understand how it works. I've been trying to do it online for a year, but I always get the same error.

What do you enter in the field TM6 and Arrival Date? My last TM6 is dated March 2020 and maybe that's the problem.

I'm tired of pay 500 baht for a taxi to get a stamp on a paper in two minutes.

Put the date of your arrival that accords with your TM6. This would be the first time you arrived in Thailand. I don't think TI update their database for every TM6 but I may be wrong

21 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

How about online submission of all the "paperwork" for annual extensions?

Just turn up for the stamp, once approved.

They have a website for this. Put all my paperwork on it but there is no 'submit' button so gave up.

• Haha 1

Please please please Gents

Could you let us know what browser does this work on ?!
As far as I’m concerned it’s never worked  for the past 10 years I’ve been living here ????????‍♂️
Every time I have to turn up for my 90 days report I tell them about it, I get either the silent treatment or just  the typical thai arrogant unhelpful attitude ☹️

34 minutes ago, Ramdas said:

As far as I’m concerned it’s never worked  for the past 10 years I’ve been living here ????????‍♂️
Every time I have to turn up for my 90 days report I tell them about it, I get either the silent treatment or just  the typical thai arrogant unhelpful attitude ☹️

Works [sometimes] on my Google Chrome

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Yes I agree it is simple. I am a bit surprised with all the complaints on this forum from people who can't figure it out.

Makes you wonder.

When the system is up and running, it's good and easy, we all know that, but of late, well that's another story, isn't it.

49 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

When the system is up and running, it's good and easy, we all know that, 

Apparently not.

1 hour ago, Ramdas said:

If is working for others and not you maybe the problem is with you and they are sick of you showing up every 90 days and complaining.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/24/2021 at 3:55 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Immigration Bureau deputy commander Pol Maj Gen Achayon Kraithong said online reporting is an essential channel to help reduce overcrowding at immigration offices during the Covid-19 pandemic.

They should try building a modern, 21st century, software application that isn't buggier than a rotten mango.
I've live in Thailand for 13 years without leaving, which is exactly why the system will not work in my case.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, zhounan said:

I still don't understand how it works. I've been trying to do it online for a year, but I always get the same error.

What do you enter in the field TM6 and Arrival Date? My last TM6 is dated March 2020 and maybe that's the problem.

Been using Thai Post, it works, even if I get the receipts for a Chinese woman, or no receipt at all. Sometimes they steal the 10 Bhat stamp on the return envelope. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/24/2021 at 4:25 PM, zhounan said:

Do it by mail.  A lot cheaper than 500 baht.

3 hours ago, Ramdas said:

there was a time a few years ago where it would not work on MS Edge browser, you had to use the old Internet Explorer.  But it has been working fine for awhile now with Edge.  That is when the immigration site is working.

In the first section you have to scroll down all the way to the bottom of the window to check the box before the 'accept' button will work.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Gee, even good news generates whole lot of complaints on this forum.

I get my maid to do mine, usually takes her about 5 minutes. She didn't attend high school, so it can't be very difficult.

Good system.

Maid needed ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ramdas said:

Good old school Internet Explorer. It's still on new Windows systems so just type Internet in the search bar and Internet Explorer should come up as an option ....

• Like 1

I can see that for short stay visitors the Thai government might want to know where they are. But for those with year long extensions to stay is beyond ridiculous to be reporting every 90 days.. Where you are and what you are doing is reported when you apply for your extension to stay, it should be enough.  .  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Neeranam said:

They paid good money for their positions, they have to get that back by terrorizing old naive foreigners. 

I have been doing extensions since the late 1990s and I don't think I am naive. My wife used to come with me in the early days, but from 2010  to 2019 I did them on my own. The last 2 years I changed from retired to a marriage extension so she has to come with me once a year.

The Immigration Office at Kamphaeng Phet has, to me, always been user friendly as Nakhon Sawan was before KPP opened.

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

I can see that for short stay visitors the Thai government might want to know where they are. But for those with year long extensions to stay is beyond ridiculous to be reporting every 90 days.. Where you are and what you are doing is reported when you apply for your extension to stay, it should be enough.  .  

I've been in the same place for 8 years, but they still want to check every 90 days, and send 2 immigration officers over every year.

• Like 1