Test for Covid

gingerandtabby

7 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

What does International travel have to do with getting infected??????

Typical Thai ignorance is what. If someone just came back from international travel, then just got out of 2 weeks solitary quarantine and tested twice. As you correctly state, if infected...has zero to do international travel. 

• Like 1

I was at my dentist today for checking through. The normal procedures as everywhere plus using a desinfecting mouth wash when sitting in the chair and before the doc started acting. That was it.

17 hours ago, tonray said:

My dentist checks: 1) Temperature 2) Pulse Oximeter for OXygen levels 3) must bring passport so they can verify no International Travel within last 30 days.

My dentist has a HEPA filtration system. Closes the door to the room.

21 hours ago, Tracyb said:

Chiang Mai Mediclinic is performing Covid tests.  Excellent service.  They have a website.

Thanks, say you (non-Thai) tested + for antibodies, but, you are asymptomatic: what happens next ?  Some kind of uniforms take you to a field-hospital for 14 days ?

curious, ~o:37;

36 minutes ago, orang37 said:

Thanks, say you (non-Thai) tested + for antibodies, but, you are asymptomatic: what happens next ?  Some kind of uniforms take you to a field-hospital for 14 days ?

curious, ~o:37;

Do foreigners actually get placed in field hospitals? So far I've not heard of any case like this.

I think that if there is a free bed in a hospital you will be taken there, of course you will be charged for your stay.

On 4/29/2021 at 3:50 PM, mfd101 said:

Why is it a disgrace? The dentist is to hang over someone's open mouth for half an hour or more and he's not entitled to be assured (to the extent possible) that his patient is not infected?

Maybe the dentist and assistants should display their up-to-date 'free-of-covid' antigen tests in the waiting room.

I recently had another COVID 19 test(I’ve had 5 so far this year) at a well known hospital in CNX.  I was scheduled for an endocospy and colonoscopy and a Covid 19 test was required.  The hospital charged 900 Baht and it was the nasal swab PCR test.  I thought they were going to charge me 3000 Baht but one gets a discount if you spend almost 40,000?   The Not Detected result came back in less then 24 hours.  

For comparison I paid $150 and $175 for RT-PCR tests in Los Angeles.  

Just on a separate note  if one is over 50 and at the very least I would recommend talking to a Gastroenterologist about getting a Colonoscopy(could be a life saver or life extender).  

On 4/29/2021 at 10:35 AM, Aarin said:

yes change dentist ASAP. That is a disgrace. There is no way locals are having a test before going to the dentist. 

How does the dentist know you are not infected? He has a right to stay safe. You think this is unacceptable better don't come to Europe. I need test before a haircut, in Germany shopping only with test and on appointment other than supermarket. 

On 4/30/2021 at 2:28 AM, 1FinickyOne said:
On 4/29/2021 at 4:24 PM, jomtienisgood said:

What does International travel have to do with getting infected??????

I would say it is rather obvious that travel in most cases on public transprt and especially planes would bring increased risks...

Those who have travelled internationally into Thailand present the least risk.....  particularly if they go from their 14 day quarantine directly to the Dentist !!!...   

There... I think that spells that one out..... ????

I think it perfectly reasonable for a dentist to require a Covid-19 test if they are going to carry out a necessary procedure. Otherwise, if its something that can wait, let it wait until the Covid-19 risks have died off.

If a procedure is necessary - should the test be Antigen or RT-PCR ??? .....  thats up to the Dentist. 

A Rapid antigent test should / could be sufficient.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 3:35 PM, Aarin said:

yes change dentist ASAP. That is a disgrace. There is no way locals are having a test before going to the dentist. 

Wow... incredible how an unequal treatment rant can kick off without any evidence of unequal treatment !!!  ????

• Haha 1