Expats getting a Covid-19 vaccine in Pattaya for dummies with emphasis on expats outside the Thai system

Jingthing

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So what is this message supposed to mean?

Does it (or does it not) suggest they will inviting us to play this nutty game EVERY morning of the so called open pre-registration period?

Really, I don't know.

It says to go back to the site tomorrow! For what?!?

What it means is that this was/is a SCAM!  I was on that site at 8:45, and literally was refreshing the page every minute on two different browsers.  I had an online chat with ADMIN, asking where the link would appear.  She replied that it would be on the homepage.  Then the site crashed.  I refreshed the page every 30 seconds until I finally got the Doc link, was able to fill it out and submit itm and then I got that message. 

There is NO WAY, I could have been closed out...no way in hell!  'm sick and tired of wasting my time on all of these ridiculous FAILED registration schemes.  This is now #7 by my count. 

And YES, this is making me BiPolar LOL!  Enough is enough!

The options going forward for me...  1) Just wait until vaccines arrive at Pattaya hospitals, and getting one is just a matter of making a phone call and booking it just the way you do for a influenza vaccine, or 2) Go back home for a vaccination and not come back to this looney place....EVER!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

What it means is that this was/is a SCAM!  I was on that site at 8:45, and literally was refreshing the page every minute on two different browsers.  I had an online chat with ADMIN, asking where the link would appear.  She replied that it would be on the homepage.  Then the site crashed.  I refreshed the page every 30 seconds until I finally got the Doc link, was able to fill it out and submit itm and then I got that message. 

There is NO WAY, I could have been closed out...no way in hell!  'm sick and tired of wasting my time on all of these ridiculous FAILED registration schemes.  This is now #7 by my count.  Enough is enough!

And YES, this is making me BiPolar LOL!

Same experience here except for chat with Admin and used 4 browsers instead of two..  I could have been about a minute quicker though as thought accuracy was more important than speed.

Edited by shortstop2

4 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

There is NO WAY, I could have been closed out...no way in hell!  'm sick and tired of wasting my time on all of these ridiculous FAILED registration schemes.  This is now #7 by my count. 

And YES, this is making me BiPolar LOL!  Enough is enough!

The options going forward for me...  1) Just wait until vaccines arrive at Pattaya hospitals, and getting one is just a matter of making a phone call and booking it just the way you do for a unfluenza vaccine, or 2) GO back home for a vaccination and not come back to this looney place.

I did very similar but didn't contact them.

My experience was much the same. Given that a number of us tried and failed, either the vaccine quota must have been negligible, or else it didn't exist at all. This was supposed to be a pre-registration process that lasted for a week, how could it have run out in a matter of minutes?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shortstop2 said:

Same experience here except for chat with Admin and used 4 browsers instead of two..  I could have been about a minute quicker though as thought accuracy was more important than speed.

Can you ask them if they're going to open up this absurd game again tomorrow and everyday of the "open" registration or not?

snoop1130

• News Team
  •  
  • snoop1130
  • News Team
  • 35926 posts

2021-07-09T082747Z_1_LYNXNPEH680AO_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND-VACCINES.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A healthcare worker holds a vial of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine at a pop-up vaccination site operated by SOMOS Community Care during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic in Manhattan in New York City, New York, U.S., January 29, 2021. REUTERS/Mike Segar/File Photo

BANGKOK (Reuters) - A hospital in Thailand taking reservations this week for the Moderna coronavirus vaccine was sold out in minutes - after offering shots via e-commerce platform Shopee.

With a worsening outbreak and worries about the efficacy of vaccines offered locally, appetite has quickly grown in Thailand for mRNA vaccines, which aren't available until near the end of the year.

"It was sold out within minutes," a Shopee spokesperson said on Friday, adding the vaccine sale saw a spike in traffic on Phyathai Hospital's page, attracting 2.6 million visitors.

Could this be the reason the site is not working?

All the vacine as been snapped up long before the expats get a look-in!!

Just now, Guderian said:

My experience was much the same. Given that a number of us tried and failed, either the vaccine quota must have been negligible, or else it didn't exist at all. This was supposed to be a pre-registration process that lasted for a week, how could it have run out in a matter of minutes?

"Some people" (no names) might be feeling that something is fishy.

But I'm still wondering if they're doing a daily quota and then opening up a new one daily for the period of "open" registration or not.

Or will they not tell us, as that would be more sporting?

Just now, Guderian said:

It was a scam.  Even the concept of a "pre-registration" is a scam.  What does that mean anyway?  We're supposed to register so that we can then register at some future date?  Seriously, we are being played as fools, just as we have been with all the past FAILED registration schemes.

It is just a ploy to keep foreigners from going into a total meltdown about how poorly Thailand has handled vaccine procurement.  Rather than admit that, they play these silly games with us to placate us.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

"Some people" (no names) might be feeling that something is fishy.

But I'm still wondering if they're doing a daily quota and then opening up a new one daily for the period of "open" registration or not.

Or will they not tell us, as that would be more sporting?

I think that was their stated objective...open up registration for 3 hours a day and have a set quota per day...which sounds like a fair way to do it BUT for it to close out so quickly today, I think the quota must have been in the double digits or something at best.

A good percentage of expats are members of this forum so it should be interested to see if ANY OF US were successful, and I think we would have already heard by now if that were the case...so, very suspicious of this whole thing!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

It was a scam.  Even the concept of a "pre-registration" is a scam.  What does that mean anyway?  We're supposed to register so that we can then register at some future date?  Seriously, we are being played as fools, just as we have been with all the past FAILED registration schemes.

It is just a ploy to keep foreigners from going into a total meltdown about how poorly Thailand has handled vaccine procurement.  Rather than admit that, they play these silly games with us to placate us.

Yes, and then when we complain to our embassies about the situation, they can tell us, you ungrateful wretches, the Thais have set up all kinds of programs for you!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I knew it!

Finally logged in to the registration document, filled it out and submitted it and this is the response I got:

258082819_snapshot_2021-07-12at9_31_34AM.jpg.0ec7048d7ce96904ac794e3f12e15b3f.jpg

This is so DAMN F'd up!

You did better than me and a friend of mine that was also trying.  We never even got to the form to fill out.  The home page just had the same announcement that it has had for days saying the Google Form will be on the home page at 9am blah blah blah.  It never came up--and still hasn't even though we have been refreshing the page.

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Can you ask them if they're going to open up this absurd game again tomorrow and everyday of the "open" registration or not?

It was Wave Hunter that had the chat with Admin. My post was misleading same same this registration process. 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, and then when we complain to our embassies about the situation, they can tell us, you ungrateful wretches, the Thais have set up all kinds of programs for you!

Well, that's why they're really doing all of the registration schemes...for public relations and nothing more.  I mean, if you look at how all of these schemes have failed, what other conclusion would you arrive at.  Just being objective about this, ya know?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems that our options are becoming narrowed down to just two.

• Wait and hope that your government sends sufficient vaccines for its citizens here.
  • Bite the bullet and return home to get vaccinated.

1 minute ago, shortstop2 said:

It was Wave Hunter that had the chat with Admin. My post was misleading same same this registration process. 

My message was cut off when the site crashed, and I've messaged them at that link, the link that appeared on the message of closing registration, the hospital's contact page, and their facebook pages...not one single reply!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guderian said:

• Wait and hope that your government sends sufficient vaccines for its citizens here.

Or hide under a rock. 

18 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Yes, well, the US is already sending vaccines, and the CCSA announced their plan for deploying those vaccines the other day.  Their priority was first to medical workers, then to "qualified foreigners"  Of course to be qualified, you need to have been registered.

Does anybody smell something rotten here?  It really pisses me off that a vaccine that my US tax dollars paid for will probably be denied to me becuase of this scam that's being perpetrated on us with these intentionally failed registration schemes.

What REALLY kills me is that we still have no way to register for the PUBLIC ROLLOUT!  I mean this Phyathai deal is for vaccinations that will occur later this month, NOT the actual long-term public rollout!

The CCSA said that their strategy is now to do away with InterVac entirely and rely on hospitals to handle registration for the public rollout...SO WHERE IS THIS REGISTRATION FOR THE PUBLIC ROLLOUT???

Registering has NOTHING to do with vaccine availability or quotas!  There should be no quotas for how many people can register!  Registration is nothing more than being put in a waiting list queue, based on age and other risk factors...PERIOD! 

I mean, it's like if you want to register to vote, there are no quotas for that...everybody who is qualified is allowed to register.  How is registering for vaccination any different?  There is something VERY WRONG here!

We are being treated like naive idiots frankly!  As long as we remain unregistered, we are invisible to the public rollout!  This is NOT right!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, if this is going to be a daily game, any opinions on what visa type to put down if you're on an annual retirement extension based on an original Non-O visa?

The choices are Retirement Visa and Non-O visa.

I don't think they care.  Think they just wanted to make clear that a Tourist Visa is not acceptable.

The embassies Brit, Yank etc. are there to organise,amongst other duties,they are failing their subjects to an appalling degree,not NHS help,but an organised batch of serum delivered in organised manner ie register at embassy,make payment,get the stuff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

conditionally agree with swiss; conditions being:-

often impossible or very difficult to get the Pink ID because of the mandatory prestep of getting the Yellow Book ( Foreigner House Reg. Book or Tabian Baan) from your Tessaban ( Municipal).

govt. increasing the passport -only phuket.win AZ vax reg/ appt process to pink ID for non- phuket...

given the calibre of expats in pattaya I doubt 1 / 100 has it.....yeah I know, you’re all freakin A listers....

I used it successfully at the phuket AZ vax centre to negotiate a better service (wont detail here)

so forgive the swiss here.....like me he sounds very squared away with little time for those less organized and probably like me went through bureaucratic hell to get the YB / ID  

( it can be or feel like an elite military selection where they try to outwit you or get you to quit....

so can go to your head if you “pass”j ...... 

plus he has guided you well here and you are STILL bitchin & moanin thus proving his very point ......

you might get YB / ID in one day....... if you believe the bs here....

or it might take ( my case) 12 wks...... or municipal might just refuse

get down your tessaban with a thai translator and find out

or reg/ wait for private hospital vax or go home and get it

13 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

TO ALL WHO HAVE POSTED ON HERE IN THE PAST HOW USELESS A PINK CARD IS ,WELL EVERYONE I KNOW WITH ONE HAS BEEN VACINATED WITh az ,falangs that is . 

Gloating is unseemly in this situation. 

I'm not sure if they just added this, or I just didn't see it before but they are limited daily quotes to 100 per day.

Pretty ridiculous to now realize that all they have to offer is 500 doses!  AND THIS IS THE CCSA's new way for us all to register for public vaccination?  YEAH...RIGHT!!!

Under this new and bizarre CCSA registration scheme, we will all die from old age before we ever get vaccinated LOL!

Fellow expats, "You're now traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead— your next stop, the Twilight Zone!" (Rod Serling)

1054370094_snapshot_2021-07-12at11_18_11AM.jpg.3387d5a3a3c35c1d1126e8d7b963f161.jpg

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

I'm not sure if they just added this, or I just didn't see it before but they are limited daily quotes to 100 per day

1054370094_snapshot_2021-07-12at11_18_11AM.jpg.3387d5a3a3c35c1d1126e8d7b963f161.jpg

Yes, it was fairly recently added presumably in response to many calls of outrage and complaint. 

I do welcome that at least now they've decided it's better to be TRANSPARANT about the absurdly low number of doses (that is IF even that many are really available).

Frankly before I thought it might be something like 1000 a day and that I had a decent chance at a slot.  Now we know, our personal odds are very remote. 

Edited by Jingthing

Yes, it was fairly recently added presumably in response to many calls of outrage and complaint. 

I do welcome that at least now they've decided it's better to be TRANSPARANT about the absurdly low number of doses (that is IF even that many are really available).

Frankly before I thought it might be something like 1000 a day and that I had a decent chance at a slot.  Now we know, our personal odds are very remote. 

More importantly though, what about the role they're supposed to be playing in public rollout registration of foreigners? 

The CCSA plainly stated that InterVac will no longer be the way to register and that it will now be up to hospitals to handle that...SO WHERE"E the goddamn beef!

Until we are officially registered we are 100% invisible to the public rollout, and that includes the donated vaccines that our own home governments are providing...vaccines that our tax dollars helped pay for!

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

More importantly though, what about the role they're supposed to be playing in public rollout registration?  The CCSA plainly stated that InterVac will no longer be the way to register and that it will now be up to hospitals to handle that...SO WHERE"E the goddamn beef!

Until we are officially registered we are 100% invisible to the public rollout!

We're getting crumbs at best.

• Like 1