Two Cases...Still Looking Good

Pattaya Spotter

40 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

Thank you Spotter for some light relief and thank you Kannikap for a reminder of the overall situation in Thailand.

I live in Phuket, have supported the community where possible since the outbreak of the pandemic, and have a large number of local friends here either broken, or reaching breaking point. 

Having said that, I am going to jump ship for as short a while as possible. Just been online and booked my Emirates flight to Dubai on 23rd May. Having confirmed my flight, I have now arranged my first covid vaccine jab in Dubai on 24th May. Second jab will be 21 days approximately after that and then the 14 day "activation" period. I will have completed my duties there and be ready to return to Thailand, hopefully direct to Phuket. In the meantime, I will try to support my friends and family here, albeit from a distance.

I will follow the TVF and hopefully see you soon ????.......

Have a safe and enjoyable trip...hopefully things will SLOWLY be returning to a "new normal" by the time you return.

38 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Why go to Dubai when Phuket will start vaccination of foreign retirees next month?

The problem KB, is what with?   The Government scheme certainly won't be giving options.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Why go to Dubai when Phuket will start vaccination of foreign retirees next month?

????????????. Get it but original plan was Dubai for vaccine and a couple of days then off to UK for a couple of weeks which was the main reason for travel. Back to Dubai after that for 2nd jab and a couple of weeks and after that back to Thailand / Phuket. That plan got scuppered when UAE was categorised as red zone by UK. I have a little business in Dubai and, very importantly, want to be one of the first to try the Phuket sanbox package ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

Yesterdays news stated foreign registration start maybe August. That's not next month. And as you know its all chaotic. Given may age I won't me chancing Sinovac. I'll pay for a western vac as soon as available in Phuket

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Yesterdays news stated foreign registration start maybe August. That's not next month. And as you know its all chaotic. Given may age I won't me chancing Sinovac. I'll pay for a western vac as soon as available in Phuket

Same same.   Pfizer would be my first choice, then Moderna.   Were I in the UK, Astra Zeneca would be OK also, just have some misgivings over what will be produced in Thailand.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pagallim said:

Same same.   Pfizer would be my first choice, then Moderna.   Were I in the UK, Astra Zeneca would be OK also, just have some misgivings over what will be produced in Thailand.

I have been preaching that for Thailand the best vaccine is the fastest vaccine (if you want to be jabbed). Have to confess though that I was given a choice of 3 in Dubai and chose Pfizer. Would have taken any but was given a choice and followed the popular western press, rightly or wrongly

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

I have been preaching that for Thailand the best vaccine is the fastest vaccine (if you want to be jabbed). Have to confess though that I was given a choice of 3 in Dubai and chose Pfizer. Would have taken any but was given a choice and followed the popular western press, rightly or wrongly

So many have been brainwashed by the anti-Chinese western media...all the reports I've seen is that both the Sputnik-V and Sinovac vaccines are safe and effective...certainly on par with the J&J and AZ jabs. As you say, the best vaccine is the one that's available when you're offered it.

1 minute ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

So many have been brainwashed by the anti-Chinese western media...all the reports I've seen is that both the Sputnik-V and Sinovac vaccines are safe and effective...certainly on par with the J&J and AZ jabs. As you say, the best vaccine is the one that's available when you're offered it.

You gave me some cheerful news this morning so here I hope us some for you...... Today's new cases for Phuket announced as always at 6pm is ZERO. Let's hope the mess gets sorted elsewhere in Thailand

• Like 2

yOqTQ5Xu_normal.jpg

Good to see that the holiday islands of Samui & Phuket had zero new #COVID19 infections today. The vaccination rollout is also proceeding well I’m told. I read the other day that all of the staff at Anantara hotels on both Samui & Phuket have already been vaccinated #Thailand
Quote Tweet

-XaRPeId_mini.jpg

Thai News Reports

@ThaiNewsReports
· 36m
Congratulations to Phuket for having ZERO new infections today. At the moment they only have 124 patients in hospital #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rhacsyn said:

Thank you Spotter for some light relief and thank you Kannikap for a reminder of the overall situation in Thailand.

I live in Phuket, have supported the community where possible since the outbreak of the pandemic, and have a large number of local friends here either broken, or reaching breaking point. 

Having said that, I am going to jump ship for as short a while as possible. Just been online and booked my Emirates flight to Dubai on 23rd May. Having confirmed my flight, I have now arranged my first covid vaccine jab in Dubai on 24th May. Second jab will be 21 days approximately after that and then the 14 day "activation" period. I will have completed my duties there and be ready to return to Thailand, hopefully direct to Phuket. In the meantime, I will try to support my friends and family here, albeit from a distance.

I will follow the TVF and hopefully see you soon ????.......

Does Dubai require any quarantine on arrival or Covid free certification?

9 minutes ago, stuarty said:

The vaccination rollout is also proceeding well I’m told.

Another restaurant server where I ate today said she has had both jabs...even showed me her Thai ID card with the 2 proof of vaccination stickers on the back.

9 minutes ago, stuarty said:

yOqTQ5Xu_normal.jpg

Good to see that the holiday islands of Samui & Phuket had zero new #COVID19 infections today. The vaccination rollout is also proceeding well I’m told. I read the other day that all of the staff at Anantara hotels on both Samui & Phuket have already been vaccinated #Thailand
Quote Tweet

-XaRPeId_mini.jpg

Thai News Reports

@ThaiNewsReports
· 36m
Congratulations to Phuket for having ZERO new infections today. At the moment they only have 124 patients in hospital #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

Mr. Barrow should take note that as far as I am (selfishly) concerned, Phuket’s vaccination drive will be proceeding well when I have had mine. I am over 60. How many of those hotel staff who will be mingling with vaccinated people are over 60?

I’m sure numbers of vaccinations are going up and that’s great for those that get them.

anyway, rant over. We’re going to be seeing a lot of Phuket is doing great stories over the next month, might as well get used to them and stop the hand wringing about not being able to get vaccinated myself.

1 hour ago, dddave said:

Does Dubai require any quarantine on arrival or Covid free certification?

No quarantine in Dubai for arrival from Thailand (Abu Dhabi has different rules) but yes, pcr Covid free certificate required before departure

• Like 1

12 hours ago, pagallim said:

The problem KB, is what with?   The Government scheme certainly won't be giving options.

The advice from WHO is take whatever you can first as the pros outweighs the cons.

Possibly AZ if you're over 60.

13 hours ago, Rhacsyn said:

????????????. Get it but original plan was Dubai for vaccine and a couple of days then off to UK for a couple of weeks which was the main reason for travel. Back to Dubai after that for 2nd jab and a couple of weeks and after that back to Thailand / Phuket. That plan got scuppered when UAE was categorised as red zone by UK. I have a little business in Dubai and, very importantly, want to be one of the first to try the Phuket sanbox package ????

Allow me to ask if you are a resident in Dubai or have they opened for vaccine tourism?

Thanks

Felt

15 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Have a safe and enjoyable trip...hopefully things will SLOWLY be returning to a "new normal" by the time you return.

There is no new normal, it's either normal or abnormal.

You will be telling us next that we need to build back better ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Felt 35 said:

Allow me to ask if you are a resident in Dubai or have they opened for vaccine tourism?

Thanks

Felt

Good morning,

I have kept my UAE residency active and yes, that is how I was able to book for vaccination.  There was a plan on the table for vaccinations for tourists and I will follow that up for you.

9 hours ago, Rhacsyn said:

Good morning,

I have kept my UAE residency active and yes, that is how I was able to book for vaccination.  There was a plan on the table for vaccinations for tourists and I will follow that up for you.

Thanks, could be great to have an vaccine alternative and a holiday to Dubai????

Felt