Chinese govt begins vaccinating its citizens living in Thailand

webfact

I do not understand why more Embassies do not follow suit, and vaccinate or arrange vaccinations for it's citizens. We might actually feel like they care, and are looking out for us while abroad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ajarnmarc said:

I do not understand why more Embassies do not follow suit, and vaccinate or arrange vaccinations for it's citizens. We might actually feel like they care, and are looking out for us while abroad.

Because at least one of them is too busy bragging and crowing about something he didn't achieve and because of it now looks like an utter fool. Better to go behind the embassy walls and hide.      

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Because at least one of them is too busy bragging and crowing about something he didn't achieve and because of it now looks like an utter fool. Better to go behind the embassy walls and hide.     

How do you know he played no role in Thailand changing its policies?

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

What change? The Chinese are already getting vaccinated while Americans are waiting to "register."

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 9:59 AM, jacko45k said:

It is actually a bit impressive that this is happening. 

Should I email the British Embassy and ask them  when and where I will get mine?

They will tell you the same thing my worthless American embassy told me and that was to "rely on upon Thailand". It angers me that the American embassy donated $410,000 dollars worth of medical equipment to Thailand to help fight Covid-19 and didn't see squat in return for American citizens ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobinBKK said:

They will tell you the same thing my worthless American embassy told me and that was to "rely on upon Thailand". It angers me that the American embassy donated $410,000 dollars worth of medical equipment to Thailand to help fight Covid-19 and didn't see squat in return for American citizens ????

Well my comment was of course very much tongue in cheek.

On 5/22/2021 at 9:45 AM, John Drake said:

"...Didn't bother the Chinese who now look dominant and strong. "

Dominant and strong??? Over who, Hong Kong? Taiwan? The Uyghurs? The South China Sea??? You've taken to praising the Chinese, simply because everyone else's home country hasn't stepped up to facilitate vaccinating their people here in Thailand? Though not admirable, it seems like a pretty lame reason, especially if you consider China's motives are rarely ever 'pure' when it comes to their own people. You can go ahead and blindly trust them if you like, I would never trust them. I've worked and lived in China and have experience working with those at a high level within the CCP. While the common Chinese people are generally wonderful, they are not cut from the same cloth as the CCP - not by a long shot.

On 5/22/2021 at 1:36 AM, worldexpress said:

What are the 100,000 Red Chinese doing in Thailand? Are they retired? Married to Thai? Embassy/consulate "staff?" That's a big number and I'm curious.

well..  the world would be a much nice place if the Chinese stayed in their own country and not leave. Thank you President Nixon.

Edited by worldexpress

On 5/20/2021 at 10:59 PM, jacko45k said:

It is actually a bit impressive that this is happening. 

Should I email the British Embassy and ask them  when and where I will get mine?

The story goes that the Chinese government donated 500,000 doses to Thailand with the understanding that 100,000 Chinese would get vaccinated with them. That leaves about 60% of the donated doses for Thais.

So our governments could probably duplicate this by donating an approved vaccine. Of course, we are talking about China here and they are favored. it would be cool if country tried to do the same thing just see how the Thai government would react.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mbenson said:

So our governments could probably duplicate this by donating an approved vaccine. Of course, we are talking about China here and they are favored. it would be cool if country tried to do the same thing just see how the Thai government would react.

With the news a few days ago that Biden was going to vaccinate 550,000 South Korean army troops, it's clear who America is going to help overseas. And it's not its own citizens. Embassy here is fully of groveling impotent time servers.

• Sad 1

On 5/23/2021 at 9:49 AM, ajarnmarc said:

Because most of our countries do not have extra vacs to donate to Thailand. Now since China did this, we are officially cast away as non donor and go stand in the back of the queue. 

On 5/27/2021 at 2:05 AM, worldexpress said:

well..  the world would be a much nice place if the Chinese stayed in their own country and not leave. Thank you President Nixon.

Agree - The Chinese seem to be much happier under their own system. They have a huge land mass - why go elsewhere??

2 hours ago, Bangkocker said:

Agree - The Chinese seem to be much happier under their own system. They have a huge land mass - why go elsewhere??

How else are they going to spread their communism 

On 5/21/2021 at 10:47 AM, Mavideol said:

as I said on another post, this is a double-edged sword, anybody wanting to visit China MUST have been vaccinated with a Chinese vaccine  555

Who in their right mind would want to visit China at the moment?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/28/2021 at 1:55 PM, Neeranam said:

Who in their right mind would want to visit China at the moment?

1000% agree. Not me that's for sure. Been three times and whilst it's a most interesting place  - no one in their right minds would face arbitrary detention there on false charges. Pity !!

On 5/21/2021 at 10:46 AM, gearbox said:

In line with my experience last year in India, I'm expecting to receive a questionnaire from the Australian embassy with content like this:

We are considering vaccinating the Australian citizens living permanently in Thailand. How much are you prepared to pay:

A. Below $500 AUD

B. Between $500-1000 AUD

C. Above $1000 AUD.

Then after 2 weeks I would get a follow up email like this:

"Unfortunately nobody is prepared to pay above $1000,  and anything below is not commercially feasible, so find your own way to get vaccinated"

Sounds about right for Canberra, who treat every retired expat like a Christopher Skase fugitive, bastards.

2 hours ago, newnative said:

Me, too.  Been twice and would like to go at least once more--they gave me a 10 year travel visa.   Many areas I haven't visited.  

Been three times - lovely place, but not for me until an international rules based order is in place. So not holding my breath any time soon. And if I can't go again - been there , done that and many other places on my bucket list anyhow.