Foreigners in Thailand can register for vaccine from June 7

1 minute ago, WaveHunter said:

FYI, the CCSA has made it clear a number of times in briefings during the past week that the MorProm is NOT intended for foreigners, only for Thai Nationals, and that any foreigner who managed to sign up with a Pink Card will NOT receive a vaccination in June even if they received a confirmation.  The further elaborated that an app designed specifically for foreigners is in the works.  They also stated that foreigners will be allowed to sign up in person at "designated" hospitals, and stated that a list of "designated" hospitals will soon be published.

I expect those who were able to register with their Pink ID card will get jabs as scheduled as the govt will flip flop....come to the realization if I'm going to allow farangs to register start 7 June why should I cancel/deregister those who have already done so.

And they have already flip-flopped about making an app for foreigners--that will not occur now as announced by the CCSA yesterday.

If you see a pair of govt flip-flops don't get too close as you could get injured in the rapid flip-flops.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaifly88 said:

How many jabs (appointments) will be required and will they give us a vaccine certificate/ passport on completion, that we will need for future travel

Two except for Johnson and Johnson which is one but not here yet.

6 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Right, but I am thinking of registering with the private but having the option to walk in to the govt. one if it is soon.

Do both in light of all the uncertainty the Thai govt is creating regarding foreigners getting vaccinated.   I'm registered thru the Doctors Ready app (my Pink card worked for me)....selected my private hospital I have used a for a dozen years....only a 10 minute drive away....and I have already rescheduled (delayed) that jab once from mid June to late June in hopes of the Sinovac vaccine being used-up by then and only AstraZeneca being available.

AND about 10 days ago when my private hospital began taking requests for COVID vaccination via the hospital LINE acct both the Thai wife and I submitted  signup/requests.   But that was only a request but the hospital still used  formal signup form....does not result in an actual scheduled jab at this time.  I think it was more of a request for the hospital to determine how many people wanted the Moderna jab as around 10 days ago the news of the week was the Thai govt finally relenting and was going to assist hospital in procuring Moderna and other vacinnes.

Personally, I simply don't want the Sinovac vacinne....I'm OK in getting AstraZeneca if a better alternate isn't available....but if Moderna is going to become available over the next 4 months or so then I would prefer to wait (and pay) for Moderna.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Two except for Johnson and Johnson which is one but not here yet.

if a private hospital I'm sure you would get the paperwork . As for the free jabs you have get the documents from the government hospital by showing the morprom app saying you have had the jabs my girlfriend did this yesterday as she she is going home for a week. for farang i expect the same but not sure about the morprom app 

I will wait until July ..... because the smart "a.. " said so  555

Thailand expects up to 20 million doses of Pfizer vaccine from July

"Pfizer is coming," health minister Anutin Charnvirankul posted on his Facebook page.

"We expect to receive 10 to 20 million doses," he wrote.

2 minutes ago, bikerbri said:

Can I choose which vaccine I have?

sure, no problem, you have 3 choices :  1- Sinovac,  2- Sinovac and 3- Sinovac, which one you chose  555

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Public hospitals?

Private hospitals?

Both?

All hospitals?

Have the hospitals been informed?

Note the requirement if using  passport that the hospital have your medical records.

What if they don't?

I've been going to the same hospital but I don't know if they actually have a medical record on me it seems like they keep asking me the same questions. This is the chularat hospital group in Kabin Buri 

29 minutes ago, Pib said:

I expect those who were able to register with their Pink ID card will get jabs as scheduled as the govt will flip flop....come to the realization if I'm going to allow farangs to register start 7 June why should I cancel/deregister those who have already done so.

And they have already flip-flopped about making an app for foreigners--that will not occur now as announced by the CCSA yesterday.

If you see a pair of govt flip-flops don't get too close as you could get injured in the rapid flip-flops.

I watched the latest briefing (on Saturday) and saw no mention about the foreigner app being cancelled.  The daily briefing was very in-depth about the current status of on-site registration in hospitals for foreigners even though (as the Spokesman explained) a lot of details have yet to be worked out. 

Overall, it was a very positive briefing for expats IMO.  What you consider to be flip-flops may be looked at another way, and that is that this whole process is a very complex "work in progress" and as they start to work out details, things can change.  IMO, progress is now being made in a very promising way for all of us expats. 

Here is the infoGraphic that explains where they are at this point:

1641357191_snapshot_2021-05-22at12_43_15PM.jpg.f4d0d1e667895ba66c3a03d470ba15f2.jpg

1025816426_snapshot_2021-05-22at1_04_56PM.jpg.104dc09f20fed12baeb0527d6b7855e5.jpg

Most of us fall in Category 3.  My question is what if you have never visited a hospital before, and thus have no health records on file at any hospital...what provisions will there be for us to register?  That question was not addressed in the Saturday briefing, but hopefully it will be in briefings over the next few days.

I'm wondering if it might be prudent just to go the hospital tomorrow for a basic check-up so I will have health records on file???

Edited by WaveHunter

22 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Thailand does not have a central database for foreigners residing in the kingdom, with data spread across multiple agencies. 

Wow!  So  I guess Immigration does not count?  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

I will wait until July ..... because the smart "a.. " said so  555

"Pfizer is coming," health minister Anutin Charnvirankul posted on his Facebook page.

"We expect to receive 10 to 20 million doses," he wrote.

Well, he said in the second half of the year which does start July......but that does not mean arrival in July.....just means sometime between July and December.  And don't hold your breath for delivery in July.  Maybe they will actually place an order in July (i.e., put their money where their mouth is) with delivery X-months later. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

Why should facts get in the way of false information or misleading information?

Correct, it's normal for Thailand, especially all the announcement from the dozens of department all on the same subject - but all with  greatly varying information. 

18 hours ago, Sheryl said:

i don't think there is any restriction, especially not for private hospitals. Possible that government hospitals would turn you away and say to go to these places.

They seem to think that foreigners will need a special site with English speakers posted at it, which of course is nonsense (and I would not put much stock in the English  capacity of the staff who actually appear at these designated sites.). Hence the designation.

Plenty of people have gotten appointments at other Bangkok hospitals. But they are filling up  fast. And others are still waiting to confirm their vaccine allotment from government.

A just received a call from a representative of Phayathai 2 Hospital where I have been going for years. She told me that the hospital, as a result of my visit this morning, that I want to be vaccinated and that I would be contacted as soon as a vaccine is available. She said that there was no further need for me to register on or after 7 June - which I thought was very strange. I asked her, again, to be sure that this was the vaccination program by the government and the vaccination was free. She confirmed both issues. She stressed, however, that the hospital did not know when the vaccine will be available. I hope the system is working and that the vaccine will be available in the near future.

3 minutes ago, mlmcleod said:

Try and tell them next time you visit for a 90 day report  or a visa  extension, you'll find out pretty sharply if they count or not ????

7 minutes ago, mlmcleod said:

I would say no last year when I renewed my visa they had a big folder on me and still needed new pictures of me in my house and a hand drawn map nothing has changed since I first applied 4 years ago all this should be on a computer where any immigration office could access it 

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

It says to get vaccine (if you use translate camera)

image.png.869a85f1e88b6479409ecc96331d3e2e.png

Just be forewarned. Others got the same message, but it was just an appointment to collect your official appointment letter. The official letter which you must take to your appointment has a QR code on it. No appointment letter, no jab is the message from our local hospital.

• Sad 1

My daughter booked me in for the Astrazeneca vaccine

for 3 July,at the local government hospital, will just have

to stay safe until then......  P.S. she said if you get the Chinese

vaccine, China is the only place you can travel to, not EU, USA ? 

regards worgeordie

Edited by worgeordie

21 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Why bother ?   Private Hospitals are not even in the picture with Vaccinations yet !

They soon will be when the unelected "PM" decides his offshore account needs some topping up.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There is a video in the OP that covers everything, but...

Hospital were you are already registered (for medical treatment).

Designated vaccination centres if you're not registered in a hospital.

Yes, hospitals have been informed.

Or, you could just watch the video.

@3.45 in the video....you can register for the vaccine at the hospital where you have already registered for medical treatment.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, samtam said:

@3.45 in the video....you can register for the vaccine at the hospital where you have already registered for medical treatment.

That doesn't make sense. What if you have never had medical treatment here, I haven't ? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

I watched the latest briefing (on Saturday) and saw no mention about the foreigner app being cancelled.  The daily briefing was very in-depth about the current status of on-site registration in hospitals for foreigners even though (as the Spokesman explained) a lot of details have yet to be worked out. 

In the 21 May/Friday briefing is when they announced the registration process for foreigners....totally an on-site manual registration process.  Zero mention of the app....which basically says they are not going to develop the app but just can't bring themselves to flat out say that.   

They would not being announcing this manual registration process unless they had aborted the app just for foreigners.

In earlier briefings they had already mentioned challenges in development of the app because of no suitable central govt database for foreigners.  And in today's/22 May/Saturday briefing the registration process was totally on-site/manual just as the 21 May briefing.     

Development of the app for foreigners has been swept under the rug---which is probably a good thing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

Why 'FROM'.... rather than 'IN' or 'BY' ?

FROM July could well mean up to the end of the year.