Mass vaccination of Thais and foreigners begins in five provinces next month

webfact

3 hours ago, me4175 said:

Where was this ranking published?

I qualify for priority 3, 4 and 8. Do they take the average ? - OK, I see - 8 it is.

How about my wife - she is Thai, 41 years old, probably qualifying for 3 if pushed hard but not part of the universal healthcare scheme unless she would return to where she is registered - may at least she get vaccinated quickly ? Do not even need to ask for my Stepdaughter, 20 years old - or will she be higher priority than me ? Would not mind. Family comes first, but Moderna or Pfizer would make me happy for them. I am so frustrated with this whole process that I would accept AstraZeneca if they only would allow me to get it. If I contract the virus I am dead - that is quite sure.

Edited by moogradod

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thailand-to-get-moderna-vaccine-by-this-october

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thailand-to-get-10-to-20-million-doses-of-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine#:~:text=The Pfizer vaccine is expected to arrive in,administered to adults as well as the elderly.

Moderna not until October, and that is exactly what my doctor said last Monday when I saw him, Pfizer, well that one is still up in the air, could be by September but maybe not until the 4th quarter.

Or were you thinking the Sinovac or AZ vaccine what was being discussed by going to a private hospital for a vaccination.  Have a good day

Have you seen any confirmation from Pfizer or Moderna or J&J that their vaccines have been ordered?

7 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

So where the hell do those who are 73 with heart problems go to get the vaccine.  How the hell do I know where to go.  this damn government does not give us any information at all.  I am in Ratchaburi so what hospital or place do we go to.  We have no damn information what to do.  They do nothing. at all.  I hate these leaders they do nothing for the people 

Judging by this you’ll be able to claim hypertension (blood pressure) as an aggravating condition too ???? 

3 minutes ago, placnx said:

Have you seen any confirmation from Pfizer or Moderna or J&J that their vaccines have been ordered?

imo everyone is talking through their *** - no one knows, for a fact, about any of this. People are basing their opinions on a lot of sketchy reporting and ever changing plans. These threads are a total exercise in futility as far as accurate information is concerned..

• Like 2

I know nothing about nothing but today I was at Central in Korat. The place was packed, no place to park. They getting shots on the 3rd floor. The floor had a line a couple of hundred feet long. I didn't really see the end.

• Like 2

Well the pu yai baan in my village (Isan) called out on the tannoy last week for everybody to get registered for the jab. My missus went and put my name down, nobody objected, but I'm not bothered either way. My missus doesn't want a vaccination herself, she doesn't trust that it's safe.

8 hours ago, Mango Bob said:

So where the hell do those who are 73 with heart problems go to get the vaccine.  How the hell do I know where to go.  this damn government does not give us any information at all.  I am in Ratchaburi so what hospital or place do we go to.  We have no damn information what to do.  They do nothing. at all.  I hate these leaders they do nothing for the people 

KING OF THE HILL, if you have heart problems you will know a doctor who you could ask about your vaccine ?
(Instead of barking on TVF where you probably earn just a lot laughing smileys ... )

Local politician organized registering for vaccination at our moobaan today. Only foreigner here so thought I'd go with the mrs, she got registered (she's 42) I got refused as not Thai even though I have an id number and over 70  ????

• Sad 2

Open question - if your place of work offered you and your Thai spouse a first jab each of Sinovac next week, with second jab at the end of next month, would you take it? Free of charge. Not enforced, the decision is yours. Alternative is to try and make your own arrangements ...

GOOD NEWS

"The aim is to get a first dose into the arms of 70% of the people in Thailand by the end of September. "

To reach this goal of 70% , the Bangkok Post estimated  that they need to inoculate a minimum of 500,000 people per day assuming people are willing, vaccines are available, and infra structure are in place.  However it would be realistic to assume 150k vaccination per day.  70% herd immunity will be reached  next year.

Quite aggressive since no other country were able to reach this  goal in few month.

I still keep hearing there isn't any vaccinations going on

Look at the video about half way down this page

https://en-gb.facebook.com/pg/CentralPlazaNakhonRatchasima/posts/

Instructions translated to English

Immunization procedures at Korat Hall, 4th floor, Central Korat.

Before entering the service, each point must be screened, fever measured, hand washed with alcohol gel.
And then enter into 8 steps as follows

Step 1: Immunizations must register (card).
Step 2 The vaccinated person must be weighed. Measuring blood pressure
Step 3 The vaccine recipient will have to do a screening / history taking. Assess the risk, sign the immunization consent form.
Step 4 Wait for vaccination.
Step 5 Get vaccinated.
Step 6 Take a break and observe symptoms for 30 minutes and scan Line Official account "ready doctor".
Step 7 The vaccinated person checks before returning. Ready to receive a document of action after vaccination
Step 8 Evaluate vaccination coverage and adverse reactions through the "Doctor Ready" line.

8 hours ago, anchadian said:

We're talking 2 doses per person.

What if you've had your initial shot and unable to get the second dose due to an extended wait for the next vaccines?

Those are already allocated. You are given an appointment for the second dose. 

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

This so called government have made numerous promises over the last six years, but nothing ever materializes, except more hot air.

So does he expect anybody to believe him this time.

Hot air you say Colin. Is that why there are so many balloons crowding the skies? Oh! Sorry that's another illusion.

• Confused 1

Many articles are being published regarding the financial situation of the government : diminishing surplus, raising debt ceiling ,  lowering growth projection ,  and tourism.

The major influx of foreign currency is tourism. Thailand had 2 great years of increasing tourism (2018-2019) . 70% of herd vaccination is not the main solution to bring the tourists back to  Thailand.

People going places on holiday do not want to have their hand tied and other hands in their pocket. 

The average tourist want to go to cheaper places than their own country with amenities and most important be safe. People with a lot of money have time and they can go anywhere .Thailand is not the only place to consider.

The government will need to do more besides vaccinating people.  The government needs to understand that average tourists have a job and  few weeks to go on holidays. The tourist quarantine dilemma, buying insurance to enter the country, Covid test administration cost , inability to move around the country,  closure of entertainment places and restaurant, and last the re-entry restriction coming back to their own country. All hindered their choices to come to Thailand on holiday and have fun. It is not enjoyable to spend money when they hands are tied.

It is true that vaccination is the first step toward recovery   But the government need to do more to bring tourism back : no quarantine ( cost =Baht 50k), no travelling insurance (cost= Baht 20K), lowering the Baht (around 1 US=32 or more), incentive for restaurant and hotel to open and stay afloat, free covi-19 test, and arrangement  to  make them safe to return to their own country .

In my opinion, until some of these points are reached,  tourism will not improve in Thailand.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pookiki said:

It would appear that after reading this article that foreigners are still the last group in the list of 'priority' groups and this means that foreigners who are 60+ or have underlying health conditions are not being treated the same as Thais for receiving a vaccination. So, the program to register foreigners starting on 7 June is just window dressing to make it appear that we will be vaccinated earlier than the previous 'August' registration that was supposed to be done on the smart phone app.

Myself and several of my expats friends have appointments for the first two weeks in June.

My Thai wife was told she is too young to get her jab yet so we are being treated the same as Thais in the same age group.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The aim is to get a first dose into the arms of 70% of the people in Thailand by the end of September. 

Well as there are supposed to be about 3 million foreigners, then as group 8 no foreigner will be before October as we are the last 3% or so. Indeed by that logic there are still 27% percent of the Thai population not vaccinated by the end of September?  Maybe as they will have reached herd immunity there won't be any for us.

Except the Chinese of course - hats off to their support of their own nationals.