Phetchabun: The Switzerland of Thailand

snoop1130

Just now, FNQ said:

Not sure how how Domestic Tourism to Petchabun province is going to work with 14 days quarantine in effect for visitors at the moment.

Maybe as they dream it is like Switzerland that they will adopt assisted suicide as a new earner during those 14 day quarantine period , just like Switzerland allows ???? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Entry fee to foreigners 200bht or 400bht?

Entry fee to Thais 20bht.

No thanks.

Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa only 250 bt...400 with whipped cream----600 with peppermint schnapps

No yodeling allowed after dark.....mitten and scarf rental available...for chinese only

ANybody been there?  did it feel like the swiss alps?

• Haha 2

Anything with a green view and a puddle (lake) people call "little Switzerland" .they seem to do this everywhere.

Khao kho is pleasant, yes, touristy well trodden path. Loads of bikers from bkk camping etc on weekends.Christmas/New Year very popular.

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Entry fee to foreigners 200bht or 400bht?

Entry fee to Thais 20bht.

No thanks.

Don't knock your coffee over, dyspeptic expat. There is no entrance "fee". You pay for parking, same same for tourist expat or kone Thai. Be careful on the drive in and out from the highway.

BTW Stopped at Kaeng Sopha waterfall, Tuang Salang Luang National Park on the way back. They waived the foreigners fee and charged Thai rates. Who would have thunk that.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Generally referred to as “The Switzerland of Thailand” because of its high mountainous area; Phetchabun fits perfectly in the category

Absolutely beautiful part of the world.
Lived in Phetchabun 20 years ago, I go back regularly to visit.
Phetchabun is quite high above sea level, it does get quite cold in winter.
The Mrs. has quite a lot of land a little further north, Khao Kor, amazingly picturesque.

• Like 1

I always thought it was called "Little Switzerland' due to all the pine trees planted around the Royal Palace area. 

King Rama 9 had them planted there as he was schooled in Switzerland. 

The region up there was where the Thai communist party was fighting the Thai army. The military museum there though small is an interesting visit. 

My wife’s family are from Phetchabun. The mountains are not quite on a par with Switzerland, but it is a very nice area.

it doesn’t get the press that Chiang Rai/ Chiang Mai get , but definitely worth a visit.

• Like 1

Generally referred to as “The Switzerland of Thailand” because of its high mountainous area

Been there many times, but I've never referred to it as above, nor heard anyone compare it with Switzerland.

Nice people, good food which appears fresh and relatively untarnished by chemicals, great scenery.....but nothing like Switzerland

3 hours ago, tonray said:

I've been to Phetchabun...very nice areas around Khao Kho...but their selection of good cheese and fondue was sorely lacking. But the tamarind was pretty good for sure

hello mate im an x pat from France love my fondue....i make it for my family every couple of weeks .i live in phetchabun..next time you are passing call in and dip your bread .ha take care keep safe 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

hello mate im an x pat from France love my fondue....i make it for my family every couple of weeks .i live in phetchabun..next time you are passing call in and dip your bread .ha take care keep safe 

Ok, bookmarked.

A bientôt.

• Like 1