Thailand reports 2,455 COVID-19 cases, 41 more deaths

webfact

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm not the person on the subject off test numbers, unfortunately. I've looked at the data, and it strikes me as a muddle, hard to clearly know what's going on. In part because the MoPH's reported data counts by tests, not people, so you get repeat tests of the same patient, etc etc.  Others here have been deeper into that swamp than me.

Thats exactly what it is, a swamp. Trying to figure out tests per person can only be speculation so better left to the reported of active testing that they report daily or so

Edited by Bkk Brian

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I'm not the person on the subject off test numbers, unfortunately. I've looked at the data, and it strikes me as a muddle, hard to clearly know what's going on. In part because the MoPH's reported data counts by tests, not people, so you get repeat tests of the same patient, etc etc.  Others here have been deeper into that swamp than me.

Yes of course we would have to separate the repeat tests from the first tests but just knowing the number would be informative. To see if the number stays static or not. We know that each test has to be done twice so we could say its only 50% of the amount of tests that are used to find cases. It would at least give us some kind of insight. 

Thanks anyway.

17 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Because what Corrections reports late in the day the day before doesn't always make it into the next morning's MoPH reporting.... But those numbers almost certainly will show up in tomorrow's MoPH update..

Ok. So tomorrow the missing 1,291 since May 22nd will be announced.

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I'd focus on the cumulative totals of prison cases reported by Corrections vs MoPH, instead of trying to compare the individual day by day numbers.... The day to day tallies never match up.

MoPH's total tally of prison cases, prior to last night's Corrections update, was 16,704... How does that compare with a cumulative count from Corrections?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

WAiting to hear from certain members saying things are under control, great and they should open things up 

Looking at the day-on-day infection and death rates as well the 7-day averages of these two statistics over the past 30-days, despite the infection spikes introduced by the prison testing, both sets of numbers are declining. This would indicate a degree of control that is satisfactory. However, I don't think this should be seen as a reason to completely 'open things up'.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Most Covid-19 cases found in April were caused by the British variant, according to results from a test of 300 samples, the Public Health Ministry said on Tuesday

Dr Supakit Sirilak, the director-general of the Department of Medical Sciences and representative of the ministry, said the British variant appeared in 93 per cent of the samples.

Regarding the South African variant, he said only 11 persons in Narathiwat’s Tak Bai district were infected with this particular strain and they were under strict quarantine in an attempt to keep this variant of the coronavirus from spreading to nearby areas.

Supakit also said that a total of 62 people in Bangkok were found to have contracted the Indian variant. A search was conducted after 32 construction workers were initially found to be infected with the strain.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001316

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes of course we would have to separate the repeat tests from the first tests but just knowing the number would be informative. To see if the number stays static or not. We know that each test has to be done twice so we could say its only 50% of the amount of tests that are used to find cases. It would at least give us some kind of insight. 

Thanks anyway.

See the chart that I posted above in response to your question...

33 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

It's actually 1,289 shortfall from 22 - 26 May.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Most Covid-19 cases found in April were caused by the British variant, according to results from a test of 300 samples, the Public Health Ministry said on Tuesday

Dr Supakit Sirilak, the director-general of the Department of Medical Sciences and representative of the ministry, said the British variant appeared in 93 per cent of the samples.

Proof of spread throughout Thailand from Bangkok’s, Thong Lor district

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Yesterday pm, I posted the Dept of Corrections in prison infections:

Department of Corrections are reporting 1,429 new cases & one more death. There are now 15,914 prisoners in care which is 5.10% of the prison population. Most cases today are in Nonthaburi Prison (1,052) & Thonburi Remand Prison (339). 74 wardens are in care #Thailand

Today's update is only showing 479 and this has happened on previous reporting by the DofC.

Barrow has only just latched on to these unexplained discrepancies.

There’s something strange going on with the reporting of cases in prisons. Yesterday the Department of Corrections reported 1,429 cases but today CCSA only have 470

22 May: 842 vs. 605

23 May: 523 vs. 460

24 May: 499 vs. 206 

25 May: 628 vs. 882

26 May: 1,429 vs. 479

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1397373459882123267

The prison infections were/are a disaster waiting to happen given the overcrowding, a blind man could see that. 

The miracle is that things are not a lot worse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Good to see the numbers going down.  Hopefully, 14 June is still on for some more re-opening, even if it's only parks, pools and schools.

What will you say when the numbers go up again and they will if the normal reporting cycle continues. Today's a holiday so maybe numbers lowish on the cycle tomorrow but Fri I bet they go up again.

11 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

What will you say when the numbers go up again and they will if the normal reporting cycle continues. Today's a holiday so maybe numbers lowish on the cycle tomorrow but Fri I bet they go up again.

I'll say "b*gger it" and hope that it's a temporary blip.   Relatively speaking even an increase in infections is unlikely to take the numbers up to the point when hospitals are overwhelmed, so I would still like to see a further relaxation in the partial lock-down, with parks, pools and schools as a priority.  

Edited by brewsterbudgen

8 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

Agreed that it's definitely positive to see numbers lower today than they were yesterday (and much lower than the record high in reported numbers that we saw only a few days ago)

But just out of curiosity, if the numbers the next few days are higher than they were today, will you consider the numbers to be rising?  Or do you only vocalize the trend when it fits your narrative?

See my post above.

The 3rd wave had led to 109,031 cases and 779 deaths since April 1 with a mortality rate of 0.71%. There are 45,256 patients who are being treated at hospitals. Of that, 1,210 are in critical condition including 402 on ventilators. #โควิด19 #WhatsHappeningInThailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1397426290051801090

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Of the 2,455 new cases that were found in the past 24 hours: - 1,210 were found via tests at medical facilities - 750 via proactive tests at known clusters - 479 via proactive tests at prisons - 16 imported cases - 41 fatalities (new high)

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1397425915097862144

Wednesday's update by the Ministry of Public Health shows three provinces reporting more than 100 new COVID cases -- Bangkok (975), Phetchaburi (259), and Nonthaburi (122).

Forty provinces reported only one to 10 cases, while 16 provinces reported no new cases.

Screenshot_17.jpg.9ba5128e1afb9adf175a44dab9594a12.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/332785071673157

• Like 1

Today there are 41 deaths in #Thailand which is a new high:

25 males and 16 females

Median age is 66 (29-86 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (16), Samut Prakan (7), Nonthaburi (3), Chonburi (2), Pathum Thani (2) plus 11 provinces with one each.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1397427017528659970

• Like 1

Daily status report for Bangkok province showing 975 new cases and 16 new deaths, leading Bangkok for the first time to report a 1 percent case fatality rate in the current third wave outbreak -- 365 deaths among 36,542 COVID cases since April 1.

Screenshot_20.jpg.03a8b0ba6b595508ba3bae93ad1adc7e.jpg

• Like 1

Wednesday's update continues to show a growing number of COVID cluster outbreaks being tracked by the Ministry of Public Health. The tan areas show 38 clusters deemed not under control, while the green areas show another 10 clusters deemed under control. The gray bar shows the numbers of geographic areas involved in the clusters.

Screenshot_22.jpg.584c32e1e7f67f3cf41a7f00d8d0e922.jpg

• Like 1

Out of the 1,960 local cases (outside of prisons), most in:

Bangkok - 975

Phetchaburi - 259

Nonthaburi - 122

Samut Prakan - 100

Pathum Thani - 61

Songkhla - 42

Chonburi - 40

Tak - 30

Surat Thani - 24

Samut Sakhon - 21

#Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1397428518720446466

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Bamrasnaradura Institute has announced they are postponing all vaccination appointments in June to a later date in July as they did not receive their allocated batch of vaccines #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1397380250867179524

It's all a 'misunderstanding'.

UPDATE: Bamrasnaradura Institute has deleted their previous post and are now saying that they are NOT postponing appointments. Apparently it was a misunderstanding. This hospital belongs to the Department of Disease Control which is under the Ministry of Public Health #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1397432554609778693

• Haha 2

The government's daily English language COVID news briefing has finished for the day, once again with no new information or details (such as participating hospitals or locations) about the upcoming June 7 launch of COVID vaccine registrations for foreign nationals.

• Like 1