Pattaya: Dozens of Thai and foreign tourists arrested "brazenly" drinking alcohol and smoking shisha

webfact

39 minutes ago, EricTh said:

These are the bunch of xxxhole who are making Thailand into red zones. They can't seem to control themselves not to drink alcohol/party for even one week.

Enjoy now , suffer later when you have Covid.

I thought it had been 4 weeks, but I am sure you've got it right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Notice all the markets are still open jowl to cheek

I have heard a certain "bar" on walking street remains open every night and is being ignored by authorities - go figure

• Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

the owner was also charged with not having a licence, serving shisha and alcohol.

Anyone know where to get a licence to sell something which is banned like shisha?????

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, EricTh said:

These are the bunch of xxxhole who are making Thailand into red zones. They can't seem to control themselves not to drink alcohol/party for even one week.

Enjoy now , suffer later when you have Covid.

it is my understanding that alcohol is used to kill the virus

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I would never bash a prostitute, but many of them do get bashed, usually by their customers 

And your source of information for this statement.?

I do not doubt that some violence occurs. 

But in over 20 years of drinking in the farang bar areas of Pattaya I do not have personal knowledge of any instance of this. And certainly not "many". So I doubt the veracity of your statement. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

At it again, prostitute bashing, no doubt your one of those guys who uses their services, gets off, pays them and then talks badly of them, suffice to say, that would mean that you have no respect for yourself for all of the above.

Now don't be bashful, you have openly admitted it here on TVF that you are married and have slept with "prostitutes and freelances", so what should we call you, John ?

Prostitution is totally illegal, they deserved to be 'bashed' just as much as any other criminal. Brazenly drinking big problem, brazenly selling sex not it seems. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

At it again, prostitute bashing, no doubt your one of those guys who uses their services, gets off, pays them and then talks badly of them, suffice to say, that would mean that you have no respect for yourself for all of the above.

Now don't be bashful, you have openly admitted it here on TVF that you are married and have slept with "prostitutes and freelances", so what should we call you, John ?

Ones hippocratic decree only extends so far.  Its obvious that with different  ways of law enforcement and that even big business outsourcing in Asia is to get away with standards they cant obligate in their own country; people are here to roll the dice and take advantage for pleasure and profit.  But this pandemic is a different animal.  Until all are vaccinated measures must be enforced  or the matter will only continue and the yo-yo effect of open the night life at 80% for two month, and close everything except carry out food for two month, close everything  else will continue.   The faster everyone is vaccinated and follows rules the faster people can get back to exploiting one another.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Prostitution is totally illegal, they deserved to be 'bashed' just as much as any other criminal. Brazenly drinking big problem, brazenly selling sex not it seems. 

'brazenly selling sex not it seems. '

Perhaps because they are quite busy trying to find a victim of this criminality, someone ready to come forward to describe the horrific moments that ensued....

Lets just say the obvious,  and what no one really is talking about; factories and the job sector, which has been in the Media as of late with the large infection spreading internally  and being spread inside and outside of the factory after one is exposed at work.  The factories and work places are more contagious and continuous of spreading the pandemic rather than the bars, and other social gatherings.   Its just the powers that be need to show production in their jobs, so rather than hinder work, lets just say its night life and if we curb that then it looks like a plan, But then again it might just be that nothing  works except  mass vaccination.   But I am noone and what do I know?

• Like 2

Even if the tourists were to claim ignorance of the law, the owner knew the risks. Shame on all of them.

As far as anyone knows, is it still OK for a few (specifically 4) mates to get together in a Pattaya condo for a few beers in the afternoon?

Edited by J Town
specify location

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

would wonder what would happen if they didn't provide the services that they do,

Well some people would be lonely.

Probably be the same as in places such as Pakistan and Greece where it isn't unheard of that the boys help each other out with their urges.

2 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Thailand is going through its worst outbreak of the pandemic now because of the English B117 variant spreading far and wide and killing dozens everyday. 

And everyday we have stories of foreigners, who come from countries with many times higher death rates refusing to follow the laws set up to save Thai lives. 

I am assuming the Thais involved were all prostitutes, I wouldn't expect them to have any respect for others as they have no respect for themselves.

It is time to stop being nice with these foreigners who refuse to follow the rules. If they don't want to listen kick them out and blackban them for life. 

You mean Hookers smoking Hookers ...............LOL

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

so its legal to sit in a restaurant, without a mask , eating food and drinking coke,, but the minute you change the coke to a beer, it becomes illegal, due to the risk of catching the Covid ?

Either its a very intelligent virus, or a rather stupid rule 

You've forgot about the "lose your inhibitions with beer" retort...................

• Like 2