Thailand to China high speed rail dreams get a step closer to reality - more committees set up

webfact

Will take a while due flight restrictions.

It's more difficult to open Swiss bank accounts online. 

Once restrictions gone, they can fly, open account, come back, finalise committee, take the ...... and start building;

1 hour ago, grandpa said:

If all the members of the committees that have been set up over the years to plan this, were laid end to end , they would probably easily reach China, and if the rails were then laid on top of them, I am sure it would make for a very smooth ride!  What a total waste of money!

There's a railroad 'tie' or golden spike joke in there somwhere. ????

Oh goodie, ????????????, even more committees. And even more opportunities to get fat brown envelopes. Remember that break-in, I think it was in 2011, the house of the deputy minister of Transport? The deputy minister and his wife were away for the evening and 10 guys broke in and made off with about 100 million baht in cash.

They got caught, though, and said later that they were only able to take about 10% of the money that was there, so there must have been a billion baht there. 
So what was a deputy minister doing with about a billion baht in cash lying around the house? I think we all know the answer to that question. After the break-in, there were rumors that it had been ordered by some of the colleagues of the deputy minister, because they hadn’t been paid their cut.

This new high speed railway line to China must be a veritable goldmine to a lot of Thai government officials.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 3MagicBeers said:

The entire Lao link from the Boten border to Vientiane is 95% complete, due to open in December this year.

Do you know if they would have cargo cars with the passenger trains? Would be interesting if one can transport a bicycle.

7 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:
7 hours ago, mr_lob said:

Build a wall and make China pay! Betterrrrr

Don't the Chinese already have a wall?

Yes and soon a railway, paid for by Thailand and Laos

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Meetings will be taking place in June on how the line might cross the border into Laos connecting Nong Khai and Vientiane, the capital of Thailand's neighbor.

You know, given that crossing the Mekong River at Nong Khai is pretty fundamental to the whole project, one imagines that they would have given some thought to the matter from the start!

I reckon that they will have to build some sort of bridge ????????

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Haha 1