Wedding Rings in Thailand

54 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I very much doubt Thais en mass follow the western custom of the husband banding his new property. ( in days past western women were the property of men- father, then husband ), and certain customs persist despite the reality changing eg the father of the bride "gives away" his daughter, as in transferring the property to her new husband.

IMO, it may or may not mean anything. Only she can answer your question.

If I had to guess, I'd say that she is in a relationship with a rich man, and she may or may not be married, but he's not around at the moment.

thanks for your reply that was my suspicion, was looking for another opinion.
funny thing is she has also hinted about a partner visa for aussie land

can not really ask her directly because unlikely to get a straight answer from a thai girl

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Frankie072 said:

funny thing is she has also hinted about a partner visa for aussie land

can not really ask her directly because unlikely to get a straight answer from a thai girl

Many years ago I had a permanent Thai BG GF that I saw whenever I went to LOS on holiday for many years. Between my visits she obviously went with other guys ( I wasn't paying her to stay out of the bar, like some do ). Eventually she left the bar and went home to go to uni, but I continued seeing her on holiday.

The last time I met her she was obviously involved with some rich guy, but still going to go with me to the beach. However, when she refused to go to the beach I had chosen she had to admit she would have been seen by friends of her husband!

Needless to say, the liason ended then, and I never saw her again.

Why not ask her? If she is obviously making a story up or refuses to answer that is your answer.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Frankie072 said:

funny thing is she has also hinted about a partner visa for Aussie land

can not really ask her directly because unlikely to get a straight answer from a Thai girl

Thai wives do wear wedding rings as your say left hand of 3rd finger, whether she is married or not you will have to just holiday here and find out for yourself. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Many years ago I had a permanent Thai BG GF that I saw whenever I went to LOS on holiday for many years. Between my visits she obviously went with other guys ( I wasn't paying her to stay out of the bar, like some do ). Eventually she left the bar and went home to go to uni, but I continued seeing her on holiday.

The last time I met her she was obviously involved with some rich guy, but still going to go with me to the beach. However, when she refused to go to the beach I had chosen she had to admit she would have been seen by friends of her husband!

Why not ask her? If she is obviously making a story up or refuses to answer that is your answer.

thanks for your insights.

• Like 1

she has never really asked for cash but is now asking about an aussie partner visa

I need to work out whether it is worth investing the time in a relationship with her or to move on.

on one hand she is asking about a relationship and partner visa

on the other hand she seems to have a lifestyle which exceeds her income

also confusing is that she has a respectable job in bkk and went to uni if it was clear cut I would not ask, but think it is good to ask for other opinions

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frankie072 said:

she has never really asked for cash but is now asking about an aussie partner visa

I need to work out whether it is worth investing the time in a relationship with her or to move on.

on one hand she is asking about a relationship and partner visa

on the other hand she seems to have a lifestyle which exceeds her income

also confusing is that she has a respectable job in bkk and went to uni if it was clear cut I would not ask, but think it is good to ask for other opinions

Speaking from hard experience, soon as they start asking for large amounts of money ( directly, or some reason such as international holidays ) it's time to say NO. If they don't accept NO, then it's time to move on.

• Like 1

Back in the day when I was married my wife wore a ring on her left hand in the western manner, quite common for the younger generation as was the White Wedding Dress the wife hired for our village wedding.

Poor john

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The last time I met her she was obviously involved with some rich guy, but still going to go with me to the beach. However, when she refused to go to the beach I had chosen

Our lives pass in the blink of an eye.... and in that blink, happiness and joy can be fleeting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You could have just chosen another beach.

It's not as it Thailand has a shortage!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sounds like the long con to me.

Loads of guys have paid large to take the GF back to home country, only to get dumped soon as they get permanent residency.

Or locate the trophy cash cow.

• Like 1

Maybe she already  has a Bf in Oz that cant get her a visa due to unlawful activities,and your just the man that can facilitate that!

The ring....that will be for the benefit of the Aussie Bf on Instagram.

I smoke cigars,their not cheap in Thailand,it sounds as tho she is very high maintenance anyway..Time to give her the bums rush.

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Our lives pass in the blink of an eye.... and in that blink, happiness and joy can be fleeting

Let us play the game of life as sportsmen, pocketing our winnings with a smile, leaving our losings with a shrug.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Thai wives do wear wedding rings as your say left hand of 3rd finger, whether she is married or not you will have to just holiday here and find out for yourself. 

3rd finger?

That's the stinky one.

Unless she has 6 fingers.

I have had casual relations with over a dozen married women in Thailand, including 4 in one housing estate who all knew about the others.

Many think if they can get away with they will do it. 

I reckon she is probably married to a fat, old rich farang who she isn't attracted to and who can't please her sexually.

Has his cash already and now looking for someone she is at least partially attracted to.

Happens all the time.