First AstraZeneca vaccine exports from Thailand to Philippines delayed - govt adviser

snoop1130

1.3 million doses to 1.17 million doses, delayed only a couple of weeks doesn't sound very serious for a new plant that never produced vaccines before.

If they dropped 90%+ like Gamalaya, that could be significant concern. And it's not like AZ vaccine has always been delivered on time and promised quantities. Isn't EU just in the middle of lawsuit against it for the same thing?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, chalawaan said:

You mean they'll put the national good before a fat profit? 

Somebody must have had too mutt Sangsom (Blue Label) at lunch.

Nonsense post. Thailand is producing under license and agreement with AZ.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, internationalism said:

I have saved the whole article, before it gets deleted, which it will be.

this the last paragraph:

"If and when this pandemic ever gets under control, the people responsible for this vaccination crisis must be brought to stand trial because what is happening is criminal."

this website is my favorite source of information about Thailand, you may be interested in this one too: https://www.thaienquirer.com/28101/public-health-ministry-ccsa-grow-increasingly-frustrated-with-bangkok-met/

• Thanks 1

The Philippines are also recipients of vaccine through the Covax  facility so it would be interesting to know where and how this export order from the Thailand AZ production came to be. 

Is it part of the assigned rights for local production agreement ?

In addition there is this interesting item which I believe is confirmation of the politicization effort driving the bias everywhere.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/COVID-vaccines/Philippines-fights-vaccine-bias-in-face-of-Pfizer-preference

• Thanks 1

I wonder what kind of delays the other Nations in SE Asia will face due to the inability of SB to produce Vaccines on time. Will Thailand also suffer shortages on their deliveries, or will Peter pay Paul.

Should be no problem to them as Sinovac ( Today approved by WHO ) seems to be plentiful.

Just pick up the phone and drop off another Million doses.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, orchis said:

AZ in Thailand is also delayed.
My Thai friend had an appointment for July 31 at a hospital in Chiangmai
which has now been suspended.

All the while Anutin continues his public statements that there are "vaccines for everyone."  It will be interesting how he dances away from that public statement.  But when he wiggles away he will leave a wake of public mistrust.  For some reason he believes there will be no personal blowback from making unbelievable statements.
Unless it begins to rain vaccines from the heavens in the next four days, he'll be losing serious face very shortly.  Then, as the Minister of Health, he'll release the Spin-Doctors.

• Like 1