Covid vax: If you want Moderna at private hospital you'll have to wait until October

webfact

10 minutes ago, riclag said:

I'm on the list at Wattana in UD ! I'm registered at 5 hospitals all over Thailand  . In Sakon Nakhon where I live the Private wanted 4k non refundable  up front to be on the list !

I didn't bite 

Probably a good call indeed

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Sounds like you may get bitten by a cobra before you get any vaccine.

MIL next door bitten by poisonous snake twice last year ( green burnt tail ) and spent a week in hospital overall. The same kind nearly got me but I was a bit quicker than MIL. Since which time we have cut back a lot of the undergrowth and not seen any of that type since.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Cipher said:

This is fine. Everyone should have the option to stay home if they want to. My comment was more in reference to the people who are scared of Covid, but then also scared of specific brands of vaccines, and so want everyone else to remain restricted until they feel comfortable.

If those people are scared, they should follow your sensible advice and stay home. Or wear two masks, or three masks, or four masks...

Nothing to do with being scared . Just act responsibly for the people around you

5 hours ago, Fromas said:

Private importation is potentially illegal. The bigger private hospitals would never risk it. Soi clinics on the other hand?

If a small clinic, how to be sure that it's not fake?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Wouldn't there be some logic to that since some brands make it more likely for community spreads to occur?  Surely having a "preference" of jab for others is not completely crazy?

Yes. I could see a case where there was logic in this, if it could be proven likely that the benefits of waiting for a 'better' jab offset spread during the wait-time lag.

I have a vaccine preference as well and am in no rush to get vaccinated. I think the difference between my position and some others', is that I absolutely do not expect anyone else to have to make changes to their lives (ie by suffering extended restrictions) to accommodate my preference so that I can 'feel safe' until such a time as the vaccine of my choice becomes available.

5 hours ago, connda said:

Numbers are quantifiable.  Here's the number's from Moderna's own site (www.modernatx.com).  People considering the shot need to weight the risks and benefits from themselves and make an informed decision.  Nobody but the recipient of the vaccine can make the final decision that "the benefits outweigh the risks." Nor can anyone but the recipient make the final decision that the vaccine is "safe" from them.  Only the recipient bears the ultimate risk.

From Moderna's site:

• The Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine has not been approved or licensed by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), but has been authorized for emergency use by FDA, under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA), to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID‑19) for use in individuals 18 years of age and older. There is no FDA-approved vaccine to prevent COVID‑19.
  • The EUA for the Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine is in effect for the duration of the COVID‑19 EUA declaration justifying emergency use of the product, unless the declaration is terminated or the authorization is revoked sooner.

https://www.modernatx.com/covid19vaccine-eua/providers/clinical-trial-data

"In clinical studies, the adverse reactions in participants 18 years of age and older were:

• Pain at the injection site (92.0%)
  • Fatigue (70.0%)
  • Headache (64.7%)
  • Myalgia (61.5%)
  • Arthralgia (46.4%)
  • Chills (45.4%)
  • Nausea/vomiting (23.0%)
  • Axillary swelling/tenderness (19.8%)
  • Fever (15.5%)
  • Swelling at the injection site (14.7%)
  • Erythema at the injection site (10.0%).

Solicited local and systemic adverse reactions reported following administration of Moderna COVID‑19 Vaccine had a median duration of 1 to 3 days."

How does that compare with getting "long Covid", much less being dead? The EUA will be replaced by full licensure. I believe that by now the application has been filed. 

6 hours ago, internationalism said:

so that goes hope for a limited import of some few thousands per months starting from August.

they PM have already said around 20th of May that they are buying for $34,

after that came anutin tax 11%.

and vax insurance 100b 

and 300-500b for each jab.

those promises of 20mln pfizer will end up as bad as moderna.

just talk, and in the meantime forcing people to get sinovac

Sinovac is a great vaccine and it has just been approved by the WHO. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

When this is concluded the GPO will announce a price followed by the PHA who will meet to decide what to charge recipients for each dose. 

Which is going up every day.

6 hours ago, WineOh said:

of course it has.

I'd love to know how much china bunged them for that endorsement.

Nothing.  Endorsement by WHO does not mean they tested the vaccine independently.

It only means they reviewed the evidence and documentation given to them, and that those meet the standards.

As for the accuracy of said documentation, that is for China to ensure.

• Like 1

A post that falsely implied certain demographic groups are exempt from COVID health risks has been removed, along with a reply. Yes, the odds are worse when you're older and have risk conditions. But there are no guarantees for everyone else, although their statistical odds are better.

I have looked up the English translation for the months in the official Thai Govt Proclomation Manual.      Sure enough..... all months are either translated as  July ..... or  October

The risk curve for Covid isn't flat across all demographics and varies widely by age and other underlying factors. This is easily demonstrable in data.

I'm 30 with no history of ill health or underlying conditions. I'm not at no risk, but I am at very low risk. The primary reason I even think about Covid on a day to day basis is because of the ever changing restrictions associated with the disease.

I currently can't do a ton of stuff that I'd like to, and although you might not notice a restraint on your life, I certainly do.

People like me have made what we consider to be considerable sacrifices in order to slow the spread of Covid. It is frustrating to watch the at-risk people clamor for harsher or longer restrictions just because they want to hold out for a jab of their choice when approved options are already available to them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, nong38 said:

THat was the starting price like in auction and lets see how high it can fly.

It sounds like a lot of people are on the Commission Gravy Train. If the price goes up, more people will have boarded.

Remove the temptations of Moderna for months, so more will be content to get the inferior sinovac or the AZ that most Europe stopped to administer by now.

Seeing the rich not taking those "great" available shots, soon the general public would smarten up and demand the better too...

The odd influencers won't change that sinovac is the lowest rated jab, barely over the 50% efficiency.

Someone has to do something, to save face and prevent an uproar.

And Moderna thus delayed, and Pfeizer pretty much never mentioned anymore...the 20 million shot available comment pretended never existed...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WineOh said:

of course it has.

Real world trials in various countries have found Sinovac to be highly effective, Indonesia reports 94% effectiveness. Are you being negative because it's Chinese?

8 hours ago, WineOh said:

This tells me all I need to know about what brand of Jab will be offered to me on June 7th.

I was gonna turn up at the hospital nice and early & in my Sunday best....

Now I don't think i'll bother.

It will be Sinovac or nothing for us farangs.
Like it or lump it.

Probably the majority of us high-risk excluded expats, dream about being in your situation. Your post sits really badly with us

8 hours ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

So they didn't even Order it yet!
What on Earth are they waiting for more brown envelopes?? Chop Chop people are Dying.
If it's gonna be 3000B a jab that's $100 and probably the most expensive in the World! Well done Thailand!

The BIB and all those hanging on the chain, can't work for nothing. 

1 hour ago, The Cipher said:

The risk curve for Covid isn't flat across all demographics and varies widely by age and other underlying factors. This is easily demonstrable in data.

I'm 30 with no history of ill health or underlying conditions. I'm not at no risk, but I am at very low risk. The primary reason I even think about Covid on a day to day basis is because of the ever changing restrictions associated with the disease.

I currently can't do a ton of stuff that I'd like to, and although you might not notice a restraint on your life, I certainly do.

People like me have made what we consider to be considerable sacrifices in order to slow the spread of Covid. It is frustrating to watch the at-risk people clamor for harsher or longer restrictions just because they want to hold out for a jab of their choice when approved options are already available to them.

Wouldn't know where to start with this post. 

However on behalf of the world community I'm sad you have been discomforted. 

Bit like my two 30 year old sons in Melbourne. Hard lockdown 112 days last year and currently back in lockdown. 

The difference is they didn't moan about it.

8 hours ago, WineOh said:

of course it has.

you are fast/quick and beat me to it, well done.... if you know the size of the envelope that China send over , please, let us know    555

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Real world trials in various countries have found Sinovac to be highly effective, Indonesia reports 94% effectiveness. Are you being negative because it's Chinese?

So it went from 50.4 % in clinical trials to 94% . Sounds like Chinese propaganda to me. Send us your independent sources 

7 hours ago, connda said:

I fail to see why those in a low risk category (healthy young people) would want to expose themselves to vaccines adverse reaction risks regardless of how low we are told those risks are.

Until these vaccines are approved for general use, these vaccines are only approved for "emergency use" as live-trial study data is still being collected for analysis (2021 - 2023) in order to make a case with each country's FDA to allow the future approval for the vaccine's "general use." 
Until then you are required to sign an informed consent form acknowledging the vaccine's risks prior to being given the shot.

It's very simple. One balances the risk of problems from the vaccine against the risk of problems from the virus. That makes it a no-brainer for vaccination.

If you're going to factor in potential side-effects from vaccines, then you need to balance that against the equally currently unknown long term side effects from infection with the virus. Past history when comparing the two, also makes  it a no-brainer for most. We know already that many people who have survived the virus have legacy health issues. Those numbers are highly likely to increase as time goes by.

Every vaccine in the world has the same informed consent form. Including of course very well established and safe vaccines like MMR....

I am with you on that but wonder if the IMO can make us show a vaccine report/receipt/proof of vaccination if we have to renew extension of stay by end of the year

Just now, club said:

So it went from 50.4 % in clinical trials to 94% . Sounds like Chinese propaganda to me. Send us your independent sources 

I think it was Reuters or Bloomberg. This wide variance was mentioned and also that WHO didn't like the way the Chinese presented their test numbers however due to the proven real world efficacy of Sinovac this was overlooked, Brazil, Indonesia and a few other countries I can't remember produced glowing reports after using Sinovac.