People in Thailand reduce alcohol consumption to prevent COVID-19 contraction

Lies, damned lies, and statistics. Author unknown

So using the same group of statisticians it was determined that by the amount of rockets fired during Songkran, and the distance covered that statistically speaking Thailand has already sent a rocket to the moon, and back. Bonuses for all involved to be deducted from the latest slush fund state loan.

Cheers

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I see no change in drinking habits in my village since Covid.

The majority of the local population still get sh*tfaced from morning till night every day of the week.

As for me I would say I am actually drinking more, as by 6 PM I am so bored that a beer or 3 is the only alternative to a night of Netflix.

With you there all the way Saltire ,zactly the same. Beer on the patio at 6 whether 'er indoors is making dinner or me then Netflix at 7 ish.  Sometimes thaivisa but usualy finished with by 7.  Bloody hot today yet again but I will have to go out to get a beer or 2 for 6pm.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Litlos said:

Lies, damned lies, and statistics. Author unknown

So using the same group of statisticians it was determined that by the amount of rockets fired during Songkran, and the distance covered that statistically speaking Thailand has already sent a rocket to the moon, and back. Bonuses for all involved to be deducted from the latest slush fund state loan.

Cheers

Twain I think... but yes thailand love their BS

Edited by BobBKK

it's the opposite to what's happening in the west, with true statistics of sale and from hospital reports.

so probably thai tend to lie when talking about bad habits.

Even during prohibition the last year, lasting for a month (some places over 2 months), people find ways to buy alcohol.

I bet lack of disinfectant alcohol was partly due to being cleaned and for consumption.

surely cheap bootleg booz was (and is still) coming in through porous borders - as it was always the case.

also drugs are getting cheaper, because they are not exported from thai laboratories as much as before pandemic, so they have to end up in domestic market. Probably now is cheaper to get high on drugs than alcohol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Would point out many Thais are happy to drink Lao Kao at 10bht/red bull (M150?) bottle from mom and pop stores.

What you thought all those Thais you saw were actually drinking Red Bull?

Yes the drink of choice on low income budgets. Back in the day when was in the country side drinking with Thai folk I did drink a little here and there, but take a full pass on it now. I like to call it rot-gut. Nothing worse than having a Thai guy who has ingested a bunch of Lao Kao start blabbering to you, and he doesn't even need to be more than 3ft away permeated polluted waft to get that smell of OMG. You know exactly what it is from the first burst. Oh, BTW, a 10 baht shot of Lao Kao to them in money is actually maybe comparable to a 120 baht beer for us.

Edited by holy cow cm
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I drink 3x as much since the COVID lockdowns because there's nothing else to do.

Can't go cycling or walking without a mask ...... so I don't bother.

Can't go swimming ........ pools all closed.

Holidays and trips ........ no guarantee of being allowed back, even if I could go in the first place.

I just sit around the house getting drunk every day.

You said that like its a bad thing.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, zoltannyc said:

A direct correlation does not always mean causation for example:
Since the world has less pirates the average global temperature is going up - pirate shortage causing global warming.

All heroin addicts drank milk at some stage of their life - milk causes drug addiction?
As Thai people eat more western food the number of traffic accidents is going up.

etc etc.

Gee I didn't know we were having a pirate shortage. 

• Haha 2