Fah Talai Jone herb formally approved for use in Thailand in treatment of mild COVID-19 symptoms

webfact

capsule-229306_1920-1.jpg

The Thai Ministry of Public Health has approved the use of Fah Talai Jone (andrographis paniculata), a Thai traditional herbal medicine, in the treatment of mild symptoms of COVID-19 infection.

The National Drug Development Committee, headed by Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul, has issued an announcement to add Fah Talai Jone to the national essential herbal medicine list, paving the way for its use in COVID-19 patients who are suffering mild symptoms.

The announcement has been published in the Royal Gazette and is now in effect. The Department of Thai Traditional and Alternative Medicine and Thai traditional medicine practitioners have long been fighting for the Ministry of Public Health to recognize that the herb can ease some COVID-19 symptoms.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/fah-talai-jone-herb-formally-approved-for-use-in-thailand-in-treatment-of-mild-covid-19-symptoms/

Logo-top-.png

52 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Twice I've used this stuff for a sore throat, both times it did zilch

Yet I've used it several times, my daughter was even prescribed it by our local hospital. She was at a big open air concert in Chiang Rai back in February 2020, then went down with a fever and sore throat etc. It worked! She passed whatever lurgy it was on to me, I took it and it worked.

It doesn't matter: now it is officially approved a monopoly will be established to produce and distribute the stuff, and there won't be enough...

Edited by herfiehandbag

For all the asymptomatic and mild cases in field hospitals, prisons, migrant worker camps.

Makes it seem like they're getting "treatment" and " medicine".

Placebo, at best.

For those who've used it to treat COVID-19, what dosage did you use?  Any recommended "pharmacists" on Shopee?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Twice I've used this stuff for a sore throat, both times it did zilch

Lucky it did nothing bad ???? But did you take the herb on the night of a full moon with 3 Monks chanting, if not then no wonder it didn't work.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah it is, well known to be used for sore throats, ask your wife

IMG_20210607_063533~2.jpg

image.png.f46266cccdfeb0475b9111b86fdfeeb4.png

It is funny that even the companies that produce do not agree on the treatment indications.

Edited by ICELANDMAN
  • Haha 2

How is it possible to be so obtuse and not even look at what happens in neighboring countries such as India with the preventive use of Ivermectin that have managed to block the worrying progression of the Covid variant, everything is without hope of an improvement in Thailand's mentality from top of the class.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/ivermectin-new-penicillin

• Like 2

works with asymptomatic symptoms very well!!!!

The key is to get friends to sell them for you, then they get friends, then they get friends, and you get a commission on everything.

if it doesn't work, you can sue....hahhhhahhahhhahaha...no you can't.   

remember, mild COVID symptoms might include, but not limited to, everything.  

so if you take the pills and then eat.....if you are not hungry, presto!!!!   

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

How is it possible to be so obtuse and not even look at what happens in neighboring countries such as India with the preventive use of Ivermectin

Sorry, Dr. Icelandman, are you prescribing Ivermectin as a prophoylactic, or a treatment?

Another Ivermectineer.

In other news,

New Health Ministry guideline drops use of ivermectin, HCQ, favipiravir from Covid-19 treatment

The Union Health Ministry on Sunday dropped the use of ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine and the anti-viral favipiravir from its Covid-19 treatment guideline after a section of doctors and medical researchers questioned the absence of any scientific evi...

Read more at: https://www.deccanherald.com/national/new-health-ministry-guideline-drops-use-of-ivermectin-hcq-favipiravir-from-covid-19-treatment-994613.html

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

image.png.f46266cccdfeb0475b9111b86fdfeeb4.png

It is funny that even the companies that produce do not agree on the treatment indications.

If you look in a pharmacy you'll see it's meant to be good for different ailments, most likely placebo effect

Edited by scubascuba3

It seems most posters here are not knowing what they are talking about. I suggest to google „King of bitters“ to get a bit of knowledge before writing bs here….

I wonder how much the producers of this stuff paid the government for the endorsement. I see, from the photo of the packet here, that it costs 350 baht right now. Wait for it now, it’s going to go way up in price and be sold for 1,000+ baht for the same thing. Next miracle cure will be drinking hales blue boy which is already popular here. What about recommending people go eat Som tam at a certain restaurant (owned or sponsored by the government of course) with an extra portion of chili? Thai govt ‘workers’really have no idea about anything other than stealing the countries money and liking their own pockets.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you look in a pharmacy you'll see it's meant to be good for different ailments, most likely placebo effect

I have personally use on my wife (she ask me) that she had taken a bad bronchitis that after two weeks of high fever and healed in three days, for Covid according to the Thai doctors who tested it it works but I can not testify that it is true, like one of mine previous comment I think Thailand should instead use Ivermectin which would be more suitable for prevention as in India and other countries