The missing iPad, abandoned boat and last call: Mystery surrounds death of Aussie elite private school graduate found dead on an idyllic Thai island

webfact

boat.jpg

The keys to the boat (pictured) were still in the ignition and his wallet and backpack were on-board.

● Investigators probe death of an Australian who mysteriously died in Thailand 

● Robert Wojcik, 28, had been living in Thailand and working as a divemaster

● The private school graduate is thought to have taken a late-night boat trip

By LEVI PARSONS FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

Thai police are probing the mysterious death of a Sydney man who took a small boat out in the middle of the night and never returned.  

Robert Wojcik had moved to the picturesque island of Ko Pu, nestled off the country's west coast, since 2019 after growing up in Australia.

The talented sailor graduated from Sydney's illustrious $39,000-a-year Scots College in 2010 before travelling the world working as a divemaster. 

Family and friends raised the alarm on June 2 when he failed to return from a late-night trip out on the water.

Full story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9657295/Mystery-surrounds-death-Australian-ex-Scots-private-schoolboy-living-idyllic-Thai-island.html

-- Daily Mail 2012-06-07

Is the Dark Tao serial killer on vacation? 

A university degree is not what it used to be. If I was giving advice to a youth, who wanted to find work right out of school, it would be one of three areas. 1. An MBA from a top 15 school. 2. An engineering degree.

3. Art restoration training.

They make $100 an hour on their first day of work and demand is totally out of proportion to the number of qualified restorers out there. Either works on paper, or paintings. Typically, it is one or the other, as the skill set is totally different. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

As a former diver I'd be asking a few questions:

#1.  Where was the boat found, out at sea or moored as per the picture?

#2. As a divemaster he would know better than to dive alone, so was he diving or something else?

#3. Did he go alone?

The answers to these 3 questions can lead to quite different possibilities.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Can be anything to being murdered, to Thai girl broke his heart and he was severely jilted, to even drug addiction taking way too much, passing out and then going over the side. People like this don't normally die under normal circumstances of a happy little nighttime boat ride.

• Sad 1

I wonder if he had important information on that iPad like private keys to a digital currency wallet etc.?

A good idea is to give your family your public keys, that way they can view transactions on your wallet without having access to the funds. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bendejo said:

A "quality of life" decision.  A lot of the baristas in the Western world have university degrees.  Ya gotta live it while you're young.  He went before his time but it's a better exit than dying at your desk at work.  RIP.

It depends on the manner in which you end your life.????

1 hour ago, TigerandDog said:

#2. As a divemaster he would know better than to dive alone, so was he diving or something else?

#3. Did he go alone?

You assume you will get true answers to all three questions? Not in this country. ????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Hyna said:

Where?

Very poorly paid in my country

I assume you meant restoration? Details are always important, when it comes to answering a question. LOL. 

In the US. $200 to remove foxing or a wrinkle from a print. One hours work. And it takes a month or two! 

$400 to $1000, for very minor work on a painting. Two hours work. 

Ridiculous. In the US, art restoration people think they are psychiatrists, own a body shop, or are tree trimmers, based on their cost. 

3 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

#3. Did he go alone?

The answers to those 3 questions can be found in the OP or the link.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Can be anything to being murdered, to Thai girl broke his heart and he was severely jilted, to even drug addiction taking way too much, passing out and then going over the side. People like this don't normally die under normal circumstances of a happy little nighttime boat ride.

Yeah, that's probably what happened, thanks for letting us know.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

This will solved SUPER fast owing to the very bad timing as the Thais desperately need tourists, any tourists, to come.

Expect a world-class investigation result in a handful of days.

That investigation is going on right now, courtesy of a few members here on Thaivisa.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yeah, that's probably what happened, thanks for letting us know.

Yeah your welcome. When you spend a lot of time in Thailand you find that anything is possible and not clear and straight cut. Would you like me to add in in  the possibility of being drunk off his skull and then falling over and drowning taking his I-Pad with him that acted like a weight dragging him down under? Or the I-Pad electrocuted him after falling in the water?