The government’s 2021 vaccination plan explained

webfact

ac.jpg

By Erich Parpart

Thailand is set to launch its vaccination drive with locally produced vaccines on June 7 despite reports of shortages and distribution concerns.

However, the government says that any shortages will be made up with imported vaccines and that all that have registered to receive their jabs will be able to do so without delay.

Here is a round up of the government’s ongoing vaccination plans. The Department of Disease Control said that the government will receive seven million doses of AstraZeneca and Sinovac vaccines within June and they will be distributed to hospitals and vaccination centers around the country.

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/28229/the-governments-2021-vaccination-plan-explained/

ti.jpg
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

How can you get in time your jab if there are only jabs for 1 day.. If there is a week delay ALL appointments are moved an nobody will get their jab on the day they should... So only day 1 get the vaccine sin time all the other ones not

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The main challenge with these "explanations" is that they are dated by the time the editor gets their first draft.

And no one, although Thai Enquirer does have some sources, in the gummint will confirm or deny statements made by other gummint officials.

Usefulness? Not much. At least no trees were harmed.

Edited by mtls2005

They seem to have planned to make it impossible to get a date and time on their latest foreigner register website. Lets you pick the hospital and even the vaccine, but with date and time not working it's still pretty pointless

• Like 2

2 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

They seem to have planned to make it impossible to get a date and time on their latest foreigner register website. Lets you pick the hospital and even the vaccine, but with date and time not working it's still pretty pointless

Well, it assigned me a date.  Unfortunately, it's 1 January 1970.

P_20210607_091820.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rbkk said:

I have just returned from my local hospital (8.15 AM) where I saw that the vaccination program is in full swing but without me. My June 7th confirmed appt has been cancelled but not for many younger fitter Thais. The Government are obviously going to bury this "Bad" news story under the "Good" news story. I wonder how the British Ambassador is feeling this morning after having been lied too last week by the Thai PM.

Did they tell you the reason for the cancellation?

• Like 1

Yesterday Evening whilst all eating our Evening Meal, my Daughter said that she did not have any " online " lessons tomorrow ( Monday ).

" Oh ! whys that " I asked.

" My Teacher is being Vaccinated " she replied.

I was gob-smacked.

It takes a minimum of 2-3 Weeks for any Vaccine to work after the Inoculation date, and Schools open up on 14 th June .... 1 Week from jab date.

If all the Teachers are being Inoculated today, then every child in Thailand could potentially be in danger upon return to School next week.

The Insanity just keeps on coming

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

However, the government says that any shortages will be made up with imported vaccines and that all that have registered to receive their jabs will be able to do so without delay.

Will wait to see what happens after the first week.

1 hour ago, newnative said:

Flat out lie.  Everyone registered will not get their vaccinations.  Disgusting to read this.  Just tell the truth.  Better to have the truth and know what is the real situation.  

Thailand cannot deal with the truth.... it often humiliating.

• Like 1