Vaccine choice: Price of Moderna set by Thai Private Hospitals' Association

webfact

1 hour ago, Mister MXYZPTLK said:

Did you all not read this?

“It will cost 1,900 baht per jab meaning that two will cost 3,800 baht.

This price includes the vaccine, hospital charges and insurance.”

Insurance?  Insurance for WHAT?  We already are forced to have Covid Insurance required by the Government for our VISA.  What is this insurance paying for? The fact that we may get sick and DIE if the private hospitals screw up giving us the Vaccine? To pay for our long term medical care?  Or is it to pay for their MALPRACTICE Insurance in giving out the vaccine? 

I’d love to hear ANY HOSPITAL’S response to that question 

for adverse reactions to the vacination

I'm happy for you guys but also sad since it will only be available in October. I hate giving unsolicited tips but please consider: Sivovac has the approval of WHO. What else do you need? 

Take Sinovac now and then Moderna in October. 

• Like 2

i really don't care about the price but (October + next year) really, by then the government vaccine probably already had Pfizer and Moderna for free, if you're going to charge a hefty price you better have NOW.

8 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

So by the time a first dose of Moderna is available in Thailand, the rest of the world will be getting their 3rd dose boosters offering better protection against the strains of the virus now present in Thailand. 

https://amp.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article250890694.html

Thank you, Sensei Prayut, for making the Australian government look competent.

4 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

Are these being donated by The West… I know big program about Western Countries Donating Vaccines to poorer countries 

Thais have to make money. It's part of their make up. Stuff those brown envelopes.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vandeventer said:

I live in a small town about  150 kl north of Chiang Mai. You would think my local doctor would be able to order this vaccine without traveling so far. This is 2021?

If it is Fang try registering at the local hospital for the Astrazeneca

I don’t think individual doctors can make the purchase

The Astrazeneca has a very high real world safety profile for over 60 males and is arguably the best efficacy for oldies, and i haven't heard of any problems with the Sinovac.  The Moderna is very good, but like all vaccines has its fair share of reported problems. 

October and next year! Good luck with that. Anyone who's serious about being able to travel again will have taken the alternatives before then. I'd laugh my socks off if these idiots were left with 10m  unsold vaccines! 3800 a head when it's free in the rest of the world. What a joke Thailand has become on the world map. Just pathetic 

Im flying home to get my free Pfizer and feel safe. Thailand is wonderful for many reasons, the vaccine farce not being one of them. Wait for tomorrow's announcement...  "We said October, but we did not say which year."

The joke is on us, stupid farang.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, peterkroll said:

Frankly, by that time the Moderna might be already somewhat obselete, since the virus keeps mutating.

I know that Biontech, AZ and Curevac are working on 2. gen.

I'm  not even going to btoher until next year at the earliest, theyll be  giving the stuff  away then when no one wants it.

4 hours ago, peterkroll said:

Frankly, by that time the Moderna might be already somewhat obselete, since the virus keeps mutating.

I know that Biontech, AZ and Curevac are working on 2. gen.

Pretty sure that Moderna is doing the same. Hopefully as they all produce vaccine, it will be the latest update that has been checked for immune response to variants.

Just read in a Swiss tabloid newspaper (in German so I can't link):

A person suffered a severe allergic shock after getting Moderna. An expert said this was expected in 1 out of 100'000 cases.  In the person's case it was known that he or she had allergic problems. 

I don't report this to spread panic and I'm one of those waiting for something like Moderna or Pfizer too. What this case exemplifies is the risk (1:100'000) and that it's a good idea to get the vaccine in a hospital with good medical care. Furthermore the included insurance in the package makes sense.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Lets hope the price does not change, as it has already gone up since the initial announcement.  Planning on using my local private hospital for a vaccination now instead of the ridiculous Government apps and websites that keep being locked off or better yet just canceled.

No problem yesterday, got my first dose of AZ yesterday at the local government hospital for free  it is hard to see that it would be done any better at a private hospital. Maybe as I am supporting my wife and daughter they have a policy of looking after the father. Nothing but praise for the local hospital. Now what can I spend 3800 baht on?

10 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Lets hope the price does not change, as it has already gone up since the initial announcement.  

The higher the price the more likely you can get some. If it were 10,000 they (the hospitals) would be scrambling to import as much as possible.

9 minutes ago, placnx said:

Pretty sure that Moderna is doing the same. Hopefully as they all produce vaccine, it will be the latest update that has been checked for immune response to variants.

The guy running the Moderna research lab is one of the best in the world. Guaranteed he's on top of it.

4 hours ago, friendofthai said:

Vaccination is not a one-off procedure. You should do it at least 2 times per year. Maybe you think that a delay of 6 or 12 more months for Moderna is ok. But that exactly mean you will not be protected about 50% of time in the future because of delays. Thats why It is more reasonable to choose Sinovac - it ensures sufficient delivery speed.

I suppose I could pose the rhetorical question why do you keep on trying to promote falsehoods? But we know why. You'll say anything to defend whatever comes out of China. Of course, your claim is nonsense. There is nothing inherent about a vaccine for Covid that says you should get a booster every 6 months. But apparently, there is something inherent in the current Chinese vaccines that does. They just don't elicit a strong enough long term response. The Chinese Govt is recommending 6 month boosters for them. Other nations as well. This isn't the case so far for any of the other vaccines. They elicit a far stronger immune response. It's not even clear if all of them will ever need a booster. Some might not. 

Please stop with the falsehoods, already.

• Thanks 1