How are you guys liking the new plant based meals at 7/11?

Hal65

OK, too much information..........too bad.     

I bought one.   first time.    For months, my stomach was fine.   no problems.   pretty rare in LOS.   after eating these "plants."

ran to the toilet a few times......

next morning, fine.   

yes, Indian food sounds great.  

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Pork is not plant based is it? I have only ever seen 2, Chinese stew and Kow pat kai in the freezer

These is a plant based pork one in the freezer. Some 7/11s are missing random items including this one though

1 hour ago, Hal65 said:

These is a plant based pork one in the freezer. Some 7/11s are missing random items including this one though

What is this plant based pork in 711? I must be missing something. How much are they selling for the rice and plant based pork?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, EricTh said:

What is this plant based pork in 711? I must be missing something. How much are they selling for the rice and plant based pork?

45 baht I believe.  Again, not at every location, but at many/most in Pattaya

9 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

When will they be  getting the Soilent green in  ?

Rumour has it that's what you end up as, if you get permanently banned on here.

????

Anyone tried the BK Impossible Burger. I was tempted the other day, then common sense prevailed. ????????????

• Haha 1

Tried the plant-based Thai basil meal, it was good. Better than some meat-based I have eaten over the years.

The others I haven't tried yet.

I would like to try Avatar crispy pork imitation meat, anyone had already?

Gf doesn't eat pork but I love crispy pork Thai basil so this might be worth a try.

I tried a 7-11 plant-based hamburger last week. It tasted better than the 7-11 pork burgers I normally eat. I was pleasantly surprised. Also, if I recall correctly, the price was 38 baht vs 35 baht for the pork burger.

• Like 2

I reckon, and hope, that killing and eating animals will have stopped within a couple of generations. People will look back over the history of humanity and be appalled at our cruel and selfish behaviour.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I just tried the plant based burger. Bit of a pork taste. Patty was good but the soggy bottom bun caused by microwaving reminded me to toast it at home next time. I think it'll be a winner though. The PB Whopper at BK is delicious but 160 baht, this one was 35 baht or thereabout. could buy 4 for the price of the whopper so well worth home heating.

I also spotted plant based bolonga, plus a spicy variant. I bought them too and will try them in a sandwich perhaps with animal based cheese.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

I just tried the plant based burger. Bit of a pork taste. Patty was good but the soggy bottom bun caused by microwaving reminded me to toast it at home next time. I think it'll be a winner though. The PB Whopper at BK is delicious but 160 baht, this one was 35 baht or thereabout. could buy 4 for the price of the whopper so well worth home heating.

I also spotted plant based bolonga, plus a spicy variant. I bought them too and will try them in a sandwich perhaps with animal based cheese.

Animal  based cheese sounds cruel to me.Hope it wasn,t sliced! 

6 minutes ago, SiSePuede419 said:

I like something called "Beyond Burger" better than IM because the texture matches Dead Cow burgers better.  

IM is made from soy, BB is made from peas.

I've tried the Beyond Burger and The Beyond Meat is sold at Tops in the freezers I must say it's not bad at all. I'm not vegetarian but I really liked it.

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

I reckon, and hope, that killing and eating animals will have stopped within a couple of generations. People will look back over the history of humanity and be appalled at our cruel and selfish behaviour.

I reckon and hope that in a couple of generations the Planet will have killed off all humanity for our cruel and selfish behaviour.

Cant wait to get back to Thailand to try it. Im still a 'flexitarian' but I eat much more vegetarian food in the UK simply because it has never been 'conveniently' available before in Thailand. I have good vegi sausages, burgers, curry burgers, Quorn Southern fried chicken, pasties and sausage rolls in my UK freezer.

Edited by SunsetT

23 hours ago, connda said:

Indian vegetarian is excellent.  If eating dishes with no meat I prefer Indian food. 

Pity how overpriced veg Indian food is in Thailand. We can't afford takeaways starting at 300B.

BTW, what brand are these veg meals at 7-11 & found where in the stores? Thx. (Lifelong vegetarian, 71 now.)

Sorry but the last place I buy food is 7/11 as for plant based imitation meat, you're having a bloody giraffe mate, meat is meat simple as that, why dress up grass or whatever to look like & taste like meat ??? That is bizarre, one of my ex wives decided to go veggy, a few months later on a Friday night I ordered a Chinese for delivery, the next morning I ambled into the kitchen to make my first cup of tea for the day only to find her stuffing her face with the leftover spare ribs. 

My son in law & my daughter are proper veggies, vegetables, pulses, soy milk or similar, no cheese, eggs, fish or anything vaguely animal.

I don't understand your mindset on this one.