COVID-19: Thailand reports 43 deaths, 2,310 new infections

webfact

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

No, Phuket has vaccinated a higher percentage of people than my country by far. 

Vaccinated people generally are not tested.

The testing numbers are not that important, it is the death numbers. They are doing quite well.

That’s an interesting stat although without knowing your country it’s hard to draw any conclusion.

do you have the numbers for people who have received both jabs in Phuket by any chance and what the percentage is of the population?

7 minutes ago, Excel said:

But there are some morons in Thailand who are so arrogant that they think  it is exactly what they should do. Totally lost the plot of reality me thinks

They should take the lead from “down under” Oz, panic stations state by state with a handful of new cases. Difference is of course..they’re pussy states!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Fex Bluse said:

I have some investments you may be interested in. Guaranteed 20% or higher returns. I have charts to prove it. Let me know if interested

I can guess where you are from. Poor attempt at a deflection mate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Try harder, you only managed to add the reference to the UK 3 times and British once. You can do much better than that give it a go!!

What do you want me and billions of others to call the Kent UK strain?

The Spanish flu?

It is what it is. Burying your head in the sand won't help. I see you don't object to the Indian strain, so I don't think you are from India, or the South African or Brazilian strain, but only the British strain being talked about. 

Let me guess.

Anyway it is the English strain as the Thais call it, that is causing all the deaths here.

How does that make you feel?

38 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

That’s an interesting stat although without knowing your country it’s hard to draw any conclusion.

do you have the numbers for people who have received both jabs in Phuket by any chance and what the percentage is of the population?

As of yesterday, it is just over 98,000 for two jabs and just over 322,000 for first jabs. Numbers in the link below which is from Phuket News so I hope it's ok to post it here ????.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-governor-asks-ministries-for-help-80284.php

32 minutes ago, Olmate said:

They should take the lead from “down under” Oz, panic stations state by state with a handful of new cases. Difference is of course..they’re pussy states!

Australia’s problem is that they are stuck in the “find a few cases, lockdown” mode. It’s effective and has got them very good results to date and is to be applauded. But it’s not a long term solution and eventually you have to break out of that syndrome.

if only there was a vaccine ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rhacsyn said:

As of yesterday, it is just over 98,000 for two jabs and just over 322,000 for first jabs. Numbers in the link below which is from Phuket News so I hope it's ok to post it here ????.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-governor-asks-ministries-for-help-80284.php

Perfect. Thanks Rhacsyn.

so 20% ish for fully vaccinated isn’t far off the mark still.

People getting their first jab is starting to lose momentum it seems. Not sure if that’s because of lack of vaccine or lack of people willing to have the jab.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Perfect. Thanks Rhacsyn.

People getting their first jab is starting to lose momentum it seems. Not sure if that’s because of lack of vaccine or lack of people willing to have the jab.

Lack of vaccine. Thai people working around me still wait after being registered more than 3 weeks ago..

21 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

The Spanish flu?

It is what it is. Burying your head in the sand won't help. I see you don't object to the Indian strain, so I don't think you are from India, or the South African or Brazilian strain, but only the British strain being talked about. 

Let me guess.

Anyway it is the English strain as the Thais call it, that is causing all the deaths here.

I really don't care what you call it, I'm amused by your post count that contains reference to it that's all....lol.

My head's not in the sand however, I use it too but surprisingly have no need to do so more than is relevant to the actual post. How normal people use it really.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Perfect. Thanks Rhacsyn.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some vaccine disappear from official channels. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I don't have the exact numbers but almost all 60+ year olds I know in Phuket have had at least one, and many are going for their second next week. All health workers have already been done.

They are on track to have 70% done by August.

Sino for over 60s and AZ for under.

Australia has only vaccinated 2.5% so far. 

Australia has vaccinated over 16% of its population with at least one dose so far.

How you can compare Australia to Phuket anyway? In what way is that of any relevance. Thailand and Australia stats in the chart below just for you.

In Phuket they have only just started vaccinating the over 60's this week and thats only for the Thai population. Before that it was a complete free for all, any Thai could make an appointment and most did not even bother, just turn up at one of the centers and get a jab. 

australia.png

3 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Similar population to the UK but only about 1% of the deaths from this strain compared to the UK which has the advantage of being an island. 

Yes, mate well done Thailand - now they just have to worry about the 1000% more road deaths than the UK each year. 100,000 die in the UK in a once in a lifetime pandemic , whilst the same number die in thailand every 4 years through stupidity !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Excel said:

Don't need to open. Whist expats working here and those with family may need to return I doubt that many tourists will wish to come to a country where not only their governments have warned against travel, but where it is easy to see that the virus is running amok with no clear signs of it abatting, nor government concerns about understanding true numbers manifested in their sorry state of poor testing numbers

Got it in one Excel less testing low covid results. Your average joe Thai will be told Numbers are down the figures show you ? what they won't say is wer'e not testing as many as we should do. Sthey will believe the propaganda pumped out but hey the forecast is millions of Tourists soon. 

• Like 1

The Spanish flu?

Let me guess.

What about the Thai strain, the Thai authorities objected to it been called that, saying it came from Egypt. It's where it was discovered by sequencing, in Thailand. The Kent strain was discovered in Kent, could have originated anywhere, possibly Europe. 

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Vaccination Rollout Since 7th June 2021:

DAY 1: 416,847 doses

DAY 2: 472,128 doses

DAY 3: 336,674 doses

TOTAL: 1,225,649

9th June:

1st Dose: Sinovac 62,291 | AstraZeneca 231,428

2nd Dose: Sinovac 37,453 | AstraZeneca 5,502

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1402862411955118083

Interesting. Higher numbers than I expected, so a well done on that. Helped by the focus on the big vaccination sites in Bangkok I suspect.

But it leads to the next problem,. What happens when the vaccine runs out in three days time?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No new clusters have been reported in Bangkok in the past 24 hours. Of the 70 currently active ones, 22 are in worker camps, 16 around markets and shopping centres, 15 at businesses and factories, and 14 in communities.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1402865409196318723

I think the cluster thing is done and dusted. They don’t want to find any more, so won’t.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sadly it is going to get worse - in terms of the number of reported deaths - before it gets better, despite the vaccine rollout. It will be mid September/early October before the numbers start coming down.

One month from now the numbers of daily dead will be in the region of 125 -150 and this will continue - maybe with a slight rise - through August and into early September.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sunderland said:

Sadly it is going to get worse - in terms of the number of reported deaths - before it gets better, despite the vaccine rollout. It will be mid September/early October before the numbers start coming down.

One month from now the numbers of daily dead will be in the region of 125 -150 and this will continue - maybe with a slight rise - through August and into early September.

You provide no justification for your wildly inflated numbers.

• Like 1