Immigration charging twice when extending 1 year visa

Similar, I was asked Bht3000 for my last 60 Covid Extension because I didn't have an Embassy letter, which was not mandatory, I had only Bht2500 which was accepted, no Receipt. I go again next Tuesday to renew, it will be interesting!

20 minutes ago, ArranP said:

Guardian Visa ( Legal custody of Thai children )

Hopefully you won't forget your receipt next time, but IMO you still can (at least) file a complaint as an anonymous. If it has happened to you more than once then it happens to others as well. They do changes when the "face" comes in the middle. 

Edited by The Theory
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Baricello said:

Similar, I was asked Bht3000 for my last 60 Covid Extension because I didn't have an Embassy letter, which was not mandatory, I had only Bht2500 which was accepted, no Receipt. I go again next Tuesday to renew, it will be interesting!

you've had 60 covid extensions? Call Guinness, I believe a record is broken! Imagine bad ol' Thailand taking advantage of all these 'stranded ones' lol  

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Assume this is for an extension based on marriage, are you sure the second fee is not for a home visit which most offices charge for.

That's another scam. My office didn't charge, and the visit is part of their normal duties.

Still, I'm sure that the double charge and the charge for a visit are, as worgeordie says above, both just 'misunderstandings'.

19 hours ago, ArranP said:

only on the second time when going back for the visa to be stamped.

Then you are out 1900 THB.  Due diligence I'm afraid.

Next year, ask for receipts.  If they charge you a second time, show them the first receipt.  If they insist, pay nicely, obtain a second receipt and file a complaint by calling the Immigration Hot-Line 1178.

• Like 2

If they really wanted the money and weren't simply taking advantage of a rube then they would have demanded it the second time and shrugged if he didn't produce the money.

You want the extension or not?

I think we've all been there at least once or twice.

19 hours ago, ArranP said:

only on the second time when going back for the visa to be stamped.

Looks then like it's only been paid one time, perhaps the other money was for tea-money for VIP-service...????

20 hours ago, ArranP said:

I am afraid to state names in an open forum. But I can say that in my previous province Phuket I was only ever charged the fee one time per visa, and if I recall correctly I was given a receipt.

Maybe that is why you getting charged twice?????????

• Like 1

21 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

so looks like the first charge was an illegal one then, why not report it? or you will get the same every year.

A quiet word with those involved would be more advisable - if you report it you can expect major hassle on your next renewal.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Name of the immigration place is an animal that goes sideways have not a clue to your riddle I’m sure if you mention the name they’re not gonna know who you are anyways don’t be afraid some people are afraid of their own shadow you live here in Thailand TIT

Another clue. It is something a girl can give to you or give to you after fornication. Not plural, make singular and add an I. 

5 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Name of the immigration place is an animal that goes sideways have not a clue to your riddle I’m sure if you mention the name they’re not gonna know who you are anyways don’t be afraid some people are afraid of their own shadow you live here in Thailand TIT

If your The Fishman, do you never catch Crabs (Krabi).

8 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Name of the immigration place is an animal that goes sideways have not a clue to your riddle 

Stroll on! Well it’s hardly going to be a Donkeyburi now is it. 

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Another clue. It is something a girl can give to you or give to you after fornication. Not plural, make singular and add an I. 

Blowi?

55 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

@ArranP

Your dealing with a corrupt official or office that is scamming you.

There is only one fee of 1,900 baht, which is the application fee.

It seems they're charging you 1,900 baht for the application (no receipt), then another 1,900 baht when you return for the extension stamp.

If you complain when collecting your extension stamp, they'll simply ask for your receipt of payment. You need to demand a receipt when submitting the application.

If they refuse or make an excuse ring 1178 immediately and do not pay anything.

These vermin will pray on the weak, mild or unknowledgeable.

When you say or do nothing you are actually encouraging and condoning corruption.

I absolutely concur with the views of @spidermike007above.

I've found when you stand your ground and prepared to take an issue further, rather than they make your life difficult in the future, they actually tend to acknowledge your not an idiot to be trifled with and treat you with more respect in the future.

Yes to this, but when you go this route, never raise your voice, smile a lot and avoid making anyone lose face. 

34 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Yes to this, but when you go this route, never raise your voice, smile a lot and avoid making anyone lose face. 

I have done both. I am quiet and polite up to a point. If it gets me nowhere, I get louder and less polite. I have called out one gal in particular on a few occasions and apparently she no longer works at that office. No idea if there is any connection, but my guess is that I was not the only one stating the obvious. 

Face means nothing to me. Face is their weakness, and their issue, not mine. 

• Like 2

On 6/13/2021 at 11:53 PM, foreverlomsak said:

Assume this is for an extension based on marriage, are you sure the second fee is not for a home visit which most offices charge for.

There is no legal charge for home visits. Those that pay are being scammed, and those that give tips, gifts etc are just part of the problem.

They do not pay for fuel or anything else. I was once told we pay ferry 500b to come, I replied you wanted to come, I didn't invite you. end of. never been refused an extension yet. best they get from me is a bottle of water. On picking up the extension we may give some veggies or fruit from our garden to the helpful lady's in the office.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jippytum said:

I do not understand why on the day you apply for the visa and pay the 1900 baht you have to return in one month to collect the visa.Why is that ? Is it a marriage visa extension ??

It is an extension not a visa, it is under consideration until they do the home visit, Trat I.O, do home visits for retirement, and marriage (family)