French Embassy in Bangkok to vaccinate French nationals aged over 55 in Thailand

webfact

Wow. I'm impressed. Like if you want to bring your nationals on board small gestures like this count for a lot. We all know how the British Embassy is viewed by most expats, though I must say I've never personally had a problem. Renewal of passport went through pretty smoothly. From my own personal experience, dealing with the death of a friend, they're just overworked bureaucrats. I doubt many are eating ferroro rocher. 

13 hours ago, doctormann said:

Seriously, the British Embassy should get off their backsides and arrange something similar for UK expats.  You might think that they would be shamed into doing something but I guess that the chances of anything happening are slim to none!

All the Brit govt wants to do is to take our taxes off us and give beggar all in return. If we can't get free healthcare on our visits there, I can't see them offering free vacines out here. 

2 hours ago, Rinrada said:

UKs excuse is /will be....we have No money ...after of course a certain Bogus J...(new bedroom carpets and now he wants a super yacht)...sold the Bangkok Embassy off a couple of years ago...for almost half a Billion Quid....Dont foget we are "subjects"....not as like in France ....Citizens..                                                                                                              https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-42886466

Nope. But like I have said previously Sexpats are not even on the radar of the Foreign Office. 

Likely if they were to start to do this they'd begin with countries where the Queen is still Head of State. Not some adult playground full of mongers.

Think about it.

Sincerely 

MORRIS 

Fully Vaccinated, Speaks Thai

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, My POV said:

The US has so much oversupply of Johnson and Johnson that they are having a hard time giving it away. Why oh why can't they just send the one shot wonder to Thailand? Crazy. Good for France. If only Biden could grow a pair.

Someone would have to tell him what to grow 

Well done france but I think it will be a few months before they start giving it out here they will have to make sure everyone in france has had the jab first which us understandable  and with only 27% of the population done so far it will be a few more month yet . But it will be a wake up call to all the other embassies and countries and maybe these countries who are well ahead of their vaccine programmes will start giving it in thailand quicker. I hope so 

2 hours ago, Happyman567 said:

you got that right They just have to get the bloody ambassador off the golf coarse But you are right that Aussie embassy is useless 

Australian government does as they wish . No place to object to there disregard for the agreements they sign up to. 

Take a look at the way Australia thieves from  people of there pension rights if they move out  from Australia . 

Take a further look at how they treat refugees . 

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, itsari said:

Countries that offer there own citizens in a foreign land a vaccination for covid 19 are simply racists .

China and France are the two countries that i know of .

Hopefully that is all I hear of .

How on earth do you come to a conclusion like that? Wow

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, malthebluff said:

Well done france but I think it will be a few months before they start giving it out here they will have to make sure everyone in france has had the jab first which us understandable  and with only 27% of the population done so far it will be a few more month yet . But it will be a wake up call to all the other embassies and countries and maybe these countries who are well ahead of their vaccine programmes will start giving it in thailand quicker. I hope so 

There are millions of doses of Pfizer and Moderna in France at the moment. Getting vaccinated is not a problem. They open the vaccination to the 12+ this week. And only the 55+ can get the AZ and Janssen. Which is why the jab is open to the 55+ only for the french expats in Thailand.

15 hours ago, doctormann said:

Seriously, the British Embassy should get off their backsides and arrange something similar for UK expats.  You might think that they would be shamed into doing something but I guess that the chances of anything happening are slim to none!

UK nationals in Thailand before Covid was 100,000+. For French it was 20,000+

There are how many UK nationals now in Thailand  registered with UK embassy? Under 30,000?

How many  French nationals  are now in Thailand and registered with French embassy Perhaps now just  a few thousand.  How many French do you think will qualify under French guidelines? I think perhaps less than a thousand.

Not the same thing to bring in a few hundred surplus vaccine doses than it is to bring tens of thousands of doses.

Yes, very easy to criticize UK, but the French who push EU will not be showing solidarity with European  brothers and sisters by offering to help much larger German  expat community.  The UK has been busy vaccinating UK and EU nationals in the UK. All available vaccines have been put to use for at risk residents. This is why the UK has  47%+ of population fully vaccinated and France only 27%. The UK government is not seeking cheap political opportunity publicity stunt like desperate Macron who is in deep political trouble in France.  

Easy to criticize, but I wish complainers would look at facts first. UK  has done good job - much better than France. Macron needs public image rescue. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Patong2021 said:

It is a correct conclusion because it says that the foreign life has more value for priority of vaccine than a  local resident. Please tell me how you can justify the  giving of vaccine to a healthy 55 year old french nation over a health care worker who is on front line of Covid care, or an at risk 70 year old Thai?

You will find that such an approach is considered unethical and  is unacceptable in the Nordic and English speaking western countries.

Totally disagree. Every vaccination carried out by Embassies is one that the Thai government can offer to their own citizens. Foreign nationals when faced with issues should be able to turn to their Embassies, it’s why they exist, so I’m afraid you’re wrong on that count too. What’s unethical is the lack of help British nationals get from their Embassy.

Edited by Fairynuff
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fairynuff said:

Bizarre

Suggest that to all the Thais who live in UK and have been fully...vaccinated..  I asked some T friends in North London..will you be coming back home soon...all have houses here/there ...Reply you must be joking....let us know when you and all farangs have been "done" and we will...but unlikely this year.. stay safe....Kop khun Krup...got to laugh...chai

14 hours ago, John Drake said:

Congratulations to France and China. Behaving like Great Powers who protect their citizens abroad. Meanwhile, all the US and Biden can do is hoard vaccines until they expire and become useless and give the rest to Mexico, Africa, and the South Korean army. 

Yeah I'm sure the Orange Nightmare would have stepped right up and seen that US expats in Thailand got vaccinated. Your ignorance is astounding.

hi all, I just registered at Bangkok Hospital Chiang Mai by e-mail: very quick and easy: only fill a succinct form, submit and a few minutes later get a confirm message for the 2th of July, earliest slot available...looks more serious than Mor Phrom and co...cross my fingers and wait 10 days...I'll keep you posted...BTW, big thanks to Anchadian for the info and the link: great job...have a nice day...

Read through 5 pages and gave up as this thread was getting dark.

Never did see any speculation on whether or not these J&J shots are from the 500 million doses given "To The World" by the US. 

"The US has purchased and will donate 500 million doses of Pfizer's Covid-19 vaccine worldwide as it seeks to be a key player in getting other nations vaccinated,"

or just a side deal to get rid of the remaining stock since they already paid for them.

"the U.S. called for a pause on the Johnson & Johnson vaccine—which many people have been opting for due to the convenience of it only being one shot, whereas both Pfizer and Moderna are two—due to rare clotting cases."

Guess they needed a bigger test size. 

So, "Never look a gift horse in the mouth" or "Caveat Emptor"?

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Hats off to the French.

Mind you it's just salt into the wound for this down trodden Aussie lad. Hoping in vain that his useless Oz embassy would ever step up to the plate

Be happy waiting. Morrison couldn't give a toss about anyone.

13 hours ago, monty1412 said:

good to see and its how embassy's should regard and treat their nationals..... Australian embassy here in Bangkok are the definition of lazy in the extreme.. sure  pony up to anywhere there is a photo op but render assistance to its nationals... thats outside its  thinking and mandate 

13 hours ago, domdom said:

Hello,

Just receive a mail from BPH saying the service will be offered ONLY from June 30th till July 7th..

So, hurry up !!

Maybe some doses remaining on 7th would be given to people appearing and applying..they did it in France vaccinating unauthorized people rather than wasting doses..

Good evening everybody

Hello,

i did the registration yesterday and got email confirmation for my appointment for Saturday June 26 in Bangkok …