Thailand reports 44 COVID-19 deaths, 3,644 new cases

webfact

10 minutes ago, smedly said:

So for those genuine tourists that are coming to Phuket for a few weeks holiday and need to go home and get back to work they will face 2 things if Thailand drops to the Red

- forced quaratine in a hotel with a hefty bill £1600 per person

- unable to work for at least a futher 2 weeks

Government advise is still to avoid overseas travel so they have only themselves to blame

I think if the UK assessed Thailand as Red most other western countries would follow 

Not to mention the significant risk of contracting COVID (esp the Delta and Delta+ variants) even if they are vaccinated and being unable to receive care as the health system becomes overwhelmed.

• Like 2

Next week schools in red zones open with almost no teachers vaccinated, rising cases, so the end is not in sight yet. Besides with the delaying vaccines all the time it will get worse by the day. If tomorrow Thai people would stand up and gather with hundred of thousands or million in the streets of Bangkok, maybe there would be a change.. But as long as the people don't react en masse nothing will change

• Like 1

One thing I don't understand is why most in these threads are calling for more testing.

Doesn't Thailand have current policy of anyone testing positive must be sent to a hospital or field hospital etc?

We saw few days ago where some tents were pitched. Quickly places were found.

In Din Daeng they recently ran out of beds.

If I ran a hospital I would instruct staff not to do tests unless people presenting were clearly ill.

Only a guess but is it incumbent on the hospital to find a place for someone that tests positive?

Solution for hospital....don't test.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ikke1959 said:

Next week schools in red zones open with almost no teachers vaccinated, rising cases, so the end is not in sight yet. Besides with the delaying vaccines all the time it will get worse by the day. If tomorrow Thai people would stand up and gather with hundred of thousands or million in the streets of Bangkok, maybe there would be a change.. But as long as the people don't react en masse nothing will change

I'm hopeful that schools in Bangkok can open from 1 July, but I think it's unlikely to happen.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

National Security Council (NSC) chief Gen Nattapon Nakpanich, who runs the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA)’s day-to-day operations, said the CCSA is mulling a proposal that Bangkok be locked down for 7-days to contain the soaring infections in the capital.

The proposal was made by prominent medical experts.

The NSC chief said he would put forward the proposal to the CCSA at a meeting today for a final decision.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha is expected to have a personal discussion with a medical expert team whether the proposed lockdown of the capital is a probable measure.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Thai-Enquirer-Summary-June-25-2021.pdf

Sounds like the worst of both worlds to me. Chaos caused by a lockdown, no appreciable dent in Covid 

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Just read that there will be 7 testing centers provided around the Island and the cost is 2,800 baht each test, the result has then got to be sent directly to the command center

Why so expensive?

I paid about 800 Baht .

Just now, wensiensheng said:

Even better, if going the lockdown route to control Covid cases, put in a lockdown until such time as data proves that Covid cases have reduced to a desired level. Otherwise, why bother at all?

if locking down, I think there needs to be a predetermined objective, not an arbitrary time frame. Bearing in mind, lock downs do not solve Covid. They give time for vaccinations to take place.

Which is what they should be considering in certain provinces until the caseloads drop to manageable levels and the curve starts to flatten.

They are caught between the hard place of economic ruin and uncontrollable virus outbreak. 

Either of which may happen anyway.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Even better, if going the lockdown route to control Covid cases, put in a lockdown until such time as data proves that Covid cases have reduced to a desired level. Otherwise, why bother at all?

if locking down, I think there needs to be a predetermined objective, not an arbitrary time frame. Bearing in mind, lock downs do not solve Covid. They give time for vaccinations to take place.

Personally I feel the need for a lockdown of more than a week is more than justified so the chaos of the hospital bed situation is addressed before its completely out of control but I also feel that its not going to happen, how can they have a lockdown in Bangkok the Capital of Thailand while still tell tourists to flock to Phuket?

Not going to happen, the Phuket sandbox would also need to be shelved first.

Of course this may all come into play if these numbers each day do not go down and I see no sign of that happening............

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Probable measure, that's laughable. Schools reopen July 1st here in Bangkok, parents are already preparing to move from online training to inschool instruction.  Confusion reigns Supreme and then they wonder why they have issues. No one can make a franking decision without a committee or a sub committee.   ????

No one can make a decision except the Czar it's all up to him."There can be only one."