Best place to change baht to uk pounds?

jacobsladder

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Dee Money not suitable?

Might be the easiest way assuming a UK account is available to receive it.

Or even just use your Thai ATM card in the UK.

2 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

superich Thailand is in a many malls etc

You get slightly better rates from SuperRich if you go to their bigger branches such as Vibhavadi 22 (close to Central Lad Prao) or their Headquarters at Rajdamri 1.  Check rates and locations (with maps) anytime at https://www.superrichthailand.com/#!/en/exchange#rate-section

• Confused 1

100'000 Baht about 2265 GBP.

Personally I would not give it a second thought and go for cash.

TT Exchange in Pattaya as recommended above.

Their main location in Pattaya is on 2nd rd not too far from intersection with south Pattaya rd. Here:

https://goo.gl/maps/iEpufjjzKLfLFEPYA

Go there, don't stand on the road at some booth (many closed anyway).

12 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

You get slightly better rates from SuperRich if you go to their bigger branches such as Vibhavadi 22 (close to Central Lad Prao) or their Headquarters at Rajdamri 1.  Check rates and locations (with maps) anytime at https://www.superrichthailand.com/#!/en/exchange#rate-section

Neither of which is in Pattaya....but that rate is far better than I saw for TT.

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Neither of which is in Pattaya....but that rate is far better than I saw for TT.

I assumed that someone seeking GBP paper currency would be departing Thailand on a flight.  That implies a trip to Bangkok is quite likely.

• Confused 1

Just now, gamb00ler said:

I assumed that someone seeking GBP paper currency would be departing Thailand on a flight.  That implies a trip to Bangkok is quite likely.

Well the airport is some 15km out of the City and on the way, many do not plan a trip into the City. Is the exchange in the airport basement open? (Although rates there are often a touch less)

• 2 weeks later...

Years ago I had a friend who had  bar but no transport so when he got some English money I used to go to a shop called Gold on Soi Rung Land. About 50 yards in on the left coming from Pattaya Tai. My mate said it always had the best rate. There are no rates displayed on the window I expect you would have to go in and ask.  I drove past there the other day and it's still open.

Apart from the name there is no other reference to what the shop is for.

On 6/27/2021 at 5:28 PM, gamb00ler said:

Their THB/GBP selling rates are currently shown as being the same at all locations for £50s.  It's the different note denominations that have different rates.

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Their THB/GBP selling rates are currently shown as being the same at all locations for £50s.  It's the different note denominations that have different rates.

Sometimes true...... often not.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Hes going the other way , Baht into Quid

That's why I posted THB/GBP (baht into quid).   

Even so, whichever way around the currencies are depicted, the rates are the same at different locations, it's the note denomination that the differentials refer to.

22 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

Sometimes true...... often not.

It's true on the rates showing right now so why should the rates be different between the offices of the same company (they're not, as you could see on the drop-down box on their website) on other days?