Thailand reports 5,406 new COVID-19 cases, 22 more deaths

webfact

2 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Yes they test if they take you to test! Those people feel sick and go hospital! Nothing lock down!

Even wife's girl is in school today, every other week half student in school! Nice to go van in school where is 12 people in. Van pick up kids first from village where was just 4 case!

Your point was about returnees from bkk.are youpleased they have toquarantine? 

1 minute ago, AndyFoxy said:

I keep reading about the big opening, My question is......who is actually going to come?

I am sure their on many cancelations happing as we speak after seeing these new numbers today

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, AndyFoxy said:

I keep reading about the big opening, My question is......who is actually going to come?

Think the majority would have family or at very least strong connection.

As for tourists....you would need rocks in your head to holiday in Thailand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Your point was about returnees from bkk.are youpleased they have toquarantine? 

What?! Nobody go quarantine if they not tested sick and they not test nobody if you not walk in hospital!

• Confused 1

Asymptomatic patients to isolate at home, save hospital beds

A “home isolation” programme will mitigate the shortage of hospital beds for severe Covid cases in Bangkok and surrounding provinces, the Department of Medical Services (DMS) said on Monday.

The programme will see younger patients with mild or no symptoms sent home instead of held in medical facilities, as has been the procedure until now. The beds made available are to be converted to care for very ill patients. No start date was given.

“There are many infected people who are waiting for hospital beds at home,” said Dr Somsak Akksilp, the DMS’s director-general. He said beds in intensive care unit (ICU) at hospitals in Bangkok and surrounding provinces are now 90 per cent full.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/29042/asymptomatic-patients-to-isolate-at-home-save-hospital-beds/

3 minutes ago, James105 said:

To have such a belief in lockdowns despite contrary evidence is quite baffling to me, but considering the human capacity to believe in religion it's not overly surprising.   

Why don't you include the Melbourne lockdown in your spiel.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why don't you include the Melbourne lockdown in your spiel.

My original point was that when infections are in the thousands per day then lockdowns do not make much difference.   Melbourne is not relevant to that point.    

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

So you have flipped from a statement that the range of cases in Thailand has been 3k to 5k  for several months, to suddenly talking about exponential growth.

that wouldn’t be because the chart of thai Covid cases shows that a level of 3k cases was only reached a couple of weeks ago and before that was hovering around 2k cases for quite some time, is it? So your original statement was nonsense.

but congratulations on the denderesque scale of your deflection. I will let others talk to you about exponential growth, the point I made about the inaccuracy of your comment on the range of Thai Covid cases over the last several months, appears proven by your sudden desire to talk about something else.

The COVID-19 situation has turned increasingly serious since April, when the third wave of infections hit. Thousands of new cases and dozens of deaths have been recorded each day. As of June 27, COVID-19 has infected 244,447 people in Thailand and killed 1,912 of them.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/sandbox-or-quicksand-thailand-on-edge-as-phuket-prepares-to-welcome-back-foreign-tourists/

You can post all you want about exponential spread of the virus, and how serious the current situation is, but the facts show otherwise: a virus borne illness with a 0.0078217364 or < 1% mortality rate (since April for Thailand). Concern yes...panic no.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

You really are talking absolute nonsense, I seriously think you should consider whether Thailand is the right place for you, perhaps a little trip over to Brazil, Mexico or India would make you feel happier.

This is such a typical response when US states that didn't lockdown or lockdown failures like Peru is mentioned, or any other evidence is produced that goes against the belief that "lockdowns work".    It's not quite as bad as accusing someone of being anti-vax or a covid denier if you don't have an argument, but it's not that far off.    

• Sad 1

Airports of Thailand is working on digitizing six airports, starting with Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport, in a bid to get ready for a potential influx of tourists once the world reopens next year. #digitize #airport #ThailandNews #TheNationThailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/business/40002553

• Haha 2

Looks like the prisons have reached herd immunity (the hard way), almost no cases reported within the last few days.

As for the overall number in Thailand... that escalated quickly! I'd like to see an update on variants, say for the last week only.

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Of the 5,406 new cases that were found in the past 24 hours:

- 3,757 via tests at medical facilities

- 1,622 via pro-active tests at known clusters

- 9 via pro-active tests in prisons

- 18 imported cases

#โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #โควิด19วันนี้ #Thailand #Covid19

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1409385014660276225

Zero tests in the community. Says a lot about the varacity of the numbers and the spread of the virus throughout Thailand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, club said:

I can prove it, Look what happened to California and New York. They locked down for 4 months and had the highest numbers of cases of any state in the USA

New York city with a population of almost 19 million had a 4 month lockdown and their case number was 2.1 million. 53,000 dead    https://www.google.com/search?q=how+many+covid+cases+in+new+york+city&rlz=1C1GCEA_enTH934TH934&sxsrf=ALeKk02v-qCOtRdT2nZeg8rbLnG07b_HsA%3A1624861316800&ei=hGrZYImU      Thailand is lucky compared to this and this is with 19 million Compared to 60 million here

42 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

The COVID-19 situation has turned increasingly serious since April, when the third wave of infections hit. Thousands of new cases and dozens of deaths have been recorded each day. As of June 27, COVID-19 has infected 244,447 people in Thailand and killed 1,912 of them.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/sandbox-or-quicksand-thailand-on-edge-as-phuket-prepares-to-welcome-back-foreign-tourists/

You can post all you want about exponential spread of the virus, and how serious the current situation is, but the facts show otherwise: a virus borne illness with a 0.0078217364 or < 1% mortality rate (since April for Thailand). Concern yes...panic no.

Have you lost track of who posted what?

your initial post mentioned “exponential”. I said nothing about that, I took issue with you saying that cases have been in a 3k to 5k range for several months. In case you can’t keep track, here is what I said.

Can you provide some numbers to back that up. I don’t recall numbers as high as 5k before, other than on two days when prison cases were dumped. And also don’t recall cases of 4K other than the last week. Prior to that I don’t recall cases of 3k for anything other than a couple of weeks.

are you seriously saying that cases haven’t been steadily rising, despite the shortfall in testing? And check out the 7 day rolling average chart. See anything there that says cases arent rapidly rising?”

do you see any mention of exponential in my post? No, there isn’t. Rising rapidly, which I do say, is not exponential. And cases have been rising rapidly, that is clear from the 7 day rolling average chart.

now you start talking about mortality rates. That isn’t in any of my posts, nor your previous posts for that matter.

you are making yourself look rather silly. Just acknowledge that your initial assertion that cases have been in a range of 3k to 5k for several months, is not borne out by the charts that are readily available to everyone, and we are good.

If you want to waffle on about exponential rises and mortality rates, talk to someone else. They aren’t what I am talking about with you.

and please don’t post random links to the Phuket sandbox that have little to do with the topic to hand. That was childish.

• Like 2