No Covid-19 Vaccine for Foreigners in Pattaya

Banana7

33 minutes ago, jippytum said:

farangs renting property can have a yellow book and Thai id card .Thai people renting can be entered in the house book also .Snag is you would need the cooperation of the property owner

very few will go to the trouble of doing that, of course hindsight they would have tried a year ago although the Thais i know don't want the vaccine

22 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Do falangs not go into a Yellow Book, not a Blue one?

Correct, unless, if I understand correctly, they own a condo then they can.

There was an almighty row in the local Amphoe office, when I tried to register my father who came to stay with us, as I had been recorded in the blue book, the staff had to create a new blue book without me and then create a yellow book for me and my father.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

That is the way it was when I went for the free flu jab at Chonburi general hospital, it was a question of where you lived rather than nationality. Thais that lived outside the hospital area were turned away, but I got the jab.

It was something to do with vaccine allocations.

Hasn't been like that in Pattaya.

In essence, local and registered Thais are the first priority, which will then be followed by local unregistered Thais, Expats with Work Permits, and finally Expats without Work Permits.   At least, that's how it seemed to work in Phuket, though I doubt that there is a national 'model'.

no, implication that blue book possession alone will get you the yellow book is false; bb is just one of twenty or so documents needed for YB (worse case tessaban , except those who will refuse to issue YB).... comments should only be from those who actually have YB / ID.....getting silly now explaining.....

Walked past this registration place on the Beach Road earlier today, very little activity , the few Thais I saw registering were all young early 20's I would say. Thought they would prioritize older folks first but then again I suppose that's logical.

On 6/28/2021 at 1:55 PM, ezzra said:

Just so you know, Thai people too, who are not registered in any local blue can't get vaccinated either in Pattaya...

My wife went today to Pattaya Beach Road and registered with her KORAT ID-Card and photocopy of her tabien baan from there. She was not handed out any confirmation - but nobody got anything she says. At least they took all these papers and her telephone number and told her to look up the status in the Pattaya Prom application - which I was unable to find.

If anybody knows what and where to download - we would be grateful to know. It could be that they did not read the adresses very well - but she handed in both tabien baan and ID-card....... Would they call if the registration had not been successful ? I doubt it, but she believes she is registered - gave all info, phone number etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shackleton said:

Nothing new here about expats not getting the vaccine

I am waiting to hear from my international hospital in Bangkok  when they will aquire the vaccine then go and pay as expected

You have just been told, it will START in October, nothing said about when you will get the second shot

no, implication that blue book possession alone will get you the yellow book is false; bb is just one of twenty or so documents needed for YB (worse case tessaban , except those who will refuse to issue YB).... comments should only be from those who actually have YB / ID.....getting silly now explaining.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sandyf said:

That is the way it was when I went for the free flu jab at Chonburi general hospital, it was a question of where you lived rather than nationality. Thais that lived outside the hospital area were turned away, but I got the jab.

It was something to do with vaccine allocations.

This.

At least some foreigners have been gotten vaccinated  in Pattaya.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

This.

At least some foreigners have been gotten vaccinated  in Pattaya.

Yes.

I think mostly done with legacy Mor Phrom registrations with pink cards and some people with specified jobs, perhaps connected, etc.

Starting tomorrow as a current point in time, I know of NO METHOD whatsoever where a typical expat here can register for vaccine access in Pattaya, including very high risk ones. Do you? If so, many of us would love to know about it. 

What bothers me about albeit truthful statements that some expats in Pattaya have gotten jabs is that some people might get a false impression that access to vaccinations is widely available to expats here. It most certainly is not.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

Suckers!! Get the f*** out of there. Catch a flight home, like me, get 2 Pfizer jabs for free and be safe. What happens in ( our beloved) Thailand re the vaccines is an unbelievable scam. Thais get jabs first, then the soi dogs. Now- who else has a Thai ID????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Many many Thais come to work in Pattaya, Saumi, and Phuket.  They keep their regerestered address on the farm in dad's house book because he said so.  No thought for the future.  They also have to go back home to get the government medical because that's the Thai law.  Same with the ID card.

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

They should be going for maximum vaccinations per day, instead they'd rather be sitting there doing very little and turning people away

They have not got the vaccinations available... it is a show of effort and to be ready for when (if) they get deliveries. 

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 5:15 PM, Guderian said:

Not everywhere's the same. The GF's got a vaccine appointment in Laem Chabang in early August. She lives in Laem Chabang, but is registered in the house book in her home town of Lom Sak in Petchabun. It seems the authorities in Laem Chabang are being more sensible about things than they are in Pattaya. Now why doesn't that surprise me, sigh.

Maybe more industry and Japanese people in Laem Chabang??? 

My Thai wife and her Thai friend went to register at a place in Soi 6 yesterday.

They wanted photocopies of the two pages of her blue book and a copy of her ID card.

They told her they have to check that people are registered in the Pattaya area.

She asked about me, her farang husband registering and was told Thais first!! They are obviously following the local Pattaya policy, it would seem. 

I was not interested in registering there anyway as I am already registered at a private hospital, but it just shows you the attitude they have towards farangs, at least here in Pattaya.

13 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Good idea to book Moderna that will be available in October.

That's the optimistic view. BHP refuses to commit itself to "October" and will only say that the vaccines SHOULD be available in the fourth quarter. I called them yesterday and they said they won't be taking any names or money tomorrow, they want to wait until the GPO confirms how many doses of Moderna they will receive. It seems a more honest and ethical approach than the hospitals taking money for vaccines they may never receive, though for people who are desperate to receive a vaccine, like many of us, it's not a very satisfying message.

• Thanks 2

On 6/29/2021 at 4:40 PM, Jingthing said:

Hasn't been like that in Pattaya.

Did you go to the hospital in Pattaya where you are registered with your yellow book and say you were eligible for the free flu vaccine program?