Moderna at private hospitals: It'll cost 3,400 baht for two jabs, can pay from Thursday

webfact

1 minute ago, mommysboy said:

The AZ, Pfizer, and Moderna have performed equally effectively in the UK at around 80-90% depending on the metric. 

AZ seems to have been outstanding in the most important age groups.

Oddly enough, the age groups most likely represented on these forums should be glad they're getting it, since the risk of clotting is extremely low.  It's ideal.

AZ is recommended for people over 50 only in some countries because of the blood clot problem with people under 50 

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Gramma clearly not your strong suit.

The first part of your statement was a sentence. BTW incorrect statement.

The second follow up "if your lucky?" 

Implies it could be longer.

In any event completely inaccurate and misleading post from you.

Try to open your eyes for one time.

My reply was a reply to a now removed post, who tried to ridicule my post where I said "Only in Thailand, you have to pay upfront for a vaccine", by claiming that in Australia you had to pay upfront to see a doctor.

I rejected that claim with my post, using sarcasm, which clearly went over your head.

You're from Melbourne, Sir?

Edited by Susco

just told Khun wife ....about Moderna...in a Private Hospital,,,good she said ...but when I mentioned Pre Pay....replied... "No Way...Forrrrrrrr get it..."....ah well coffee time...tomorrows another fun day in LOS..????

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, club said:

AZ is recommended for people over 50 only in some countries because of the blood clot problem with people under 50 

Over 60 actually, but that puts most TV members in the clear.

It's ideal for older age groups.  The results in the UK are spectacular.

VIIT is still rare and now very treatable.  Put the mRNA vaccines under the microscope like that and see what you get related to cardiac issues.

Anyone who is paying 4 month upfront must be nuts, the chance that you are getting ANYTHING from them is almost zero, also in 4 month time you most likely be dead without protection. They can hardly plan for 2 weeks! But it's a perfect business scheme for them, they got your payment and your vaccine, and you're gone. 555555

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am pretty sure the hospitals will have to pay up front. And the vaccine has only a limited shelf life. I understand that they don't just order amount x only to find out that the demand is not what they expected.

As long as they have a fair refund policy I don't think paying up front is a problem.

Your spot on here. I have had to pay 100% up front for some special anti-rejection meds that Bangkok Hospital did not keep on hand and had to special order for me. What if I were to have them order and pay for it and then I just up and left or got it cheaper from another supplier and left them in a lurch with 60k worth of meds on their hands that they couldn't find a taker for? It also has a short shelf life.

So I can see where they would want to cover their own butts and get the ฿ up front...

Edited by David T Pike
possible profanity... ;)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

My best guess is that no orders have yet been placed.

Yes, negotiations have been on-going with a gaggle of parties:

Private hospital networks

the PHA

The GPO

Zuellig

Moderna

No one can pony up the cash, hence the bake-sale approach.

Once enough orders have been booked, and paid for, ~ 15 July? Then maybe an order can be placed.

Not sure 1 October is reasonable now.

This has got fornicatii clustericus written all over it. It will be messy.

Your Latin made me chuckle. Nice one, well done.

At my doctor's strong recommendation, I made an appointment for vaccination last Friday. The good news is it's the Moderna vaccine. The bad news is they expect the shot to be available in October. That's OK, mind you, but seems silly because there's no guarantee I'll still be alive in October. Of course there's no guarantee I won't die in my sleep tonight, so I guess it doesn't matter. Anyway, the nurse said the price will be ฿1900, and the Moderna vaccine only requires one shot.

Wasn't there just a post on TVF that a Moderna spokesperson said that all the supplies were taken through the end of the year?   Sounds to me like those paying might end up having to wait a long time to get the vaccine and "its possible" alternative vaccines might be available sooner.  Who knows.  But with all of the "actions" that the Thai government imposed and enacted on the country the one thing that was important, ordering vaccines seem to make it to the bottom of the too do list. 

Sorry for the repetition, but this is my regular post where I point out that the impoverished country to Thailand's East, the one where the majority of Expats don't pay any tax to the government or have to deposit large sums of money just to have the right to stay, the one that doesn't have dual pricing as a matter of course...also known as the Lao People's Democratic Republic has provided for months already vaccines (AZ or Sinopharm) to ALL expats ENTIRELY for FREE with ZERO discrimination in regard to whether the locals or the expats get access.

Just so you know where y'all stand in their eyes.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Acharn said:

At my doctor's strong recommendation, I made an appointment for vaccination last Friday. The good news is it's the Moderna vaccine. The bad news is they expect the shot to be available in October. That's OK, mind you, but seems silly because there's no guarantee I'll still be alive in October. Of course there's no guarantee I won't die in my sleep tonight, so I guess it doesn't matter. Anyway, the nurse said the price will be ฿1900, and the Moderna vaccine only requires one shot.

I thought the J&J was the only 1 jab vaccine. I could be wrong. Also if you get the AZ jab and you are traveling to anywhere in Europe it seems that they don't except the AZ vaccine from anywhere other than AZ Europe.

• Like 2

Some people must have more money than sense.  I personally would not touch any mRNA vaccine with a barge pole.  They are experimenatal at best and actually are messing about with the body's DNA.  I am not as yet senile and stupid enough to take such a vaccine even if they paid me to be a human guinea pig thanks as I am also not that brave either.  I do not trust much of what is said and claimed by the USA these days and especially from the big corrupt western corporate sector and of course that very much includes big pharma who work exclusively for huge profits not for the care of the people like you and I.  I seriously and very rationally far far more trust Sinovac and indeed China themselves these days just from my open eyes and mind observation of life today and keeping up to date with what is happening in our very sick world.  I know which nation is causing the main problems across the world today for sure and who are acting like childish arrogant criminal thugs, of that I have no doubt as it is so obvious to see by looking west today not east.  

Hope to get my free Sinovac vaccine here in Thailand in the nexrt few days and am very grateful to Thailand for providing this freely for us expats living here full time in Thailand.  I would accept at a push AZ which is at least not an mRNA vaccine but a viral vector type and also not produced by corrupt US big corporate pharma. Up to you what vaccine choice you make but I certainly recommend all my firends and folk I care about not to touch any mRNA vaccines and avoid them until we have another 5 or 10 years long term testing by willing properly informed human guinea pigs  I have read enough about mRNA vaccines to personally firmly say avoid them, but I'm no medical expert just fairly well read up on how these vaccines work and how they are produced.  Sinovac gets my tick of approval as it is a deactivated CV19 virus more traditionally produced vacine that is nigh on 100% effective against hospitalisation and death from CV 19 infections, and it seems from some reports going around that it is also as effective against serious illness and death from the new Delta covid variant too but of course I cannot confirm that 100%.  So if you are worried about that do your own research.   

I also have some stock here of Ivermectin to take immediately should I get positive symptoms of CV19 infectgion. So just in case I get unlucky and catch a Covid infection i have a good well professional evidence proven fall back treatment, though the odds i reckon are highly against caching CV19 statistically, expecially here in Rayong province at this time, and with us sensibly following at least the more sensible lockdown guidlines that clearly do work like masks and social distancing for now.  Once we get enough people vaccinated then we should be able to say goodbye to these horrid destructive lockdown measures which are destroying so many peoples lives here.  We must work to get back to normal ASAP and certainly before the end of this year at the very latest. That means a fast efficient safe vaccine rollout and Ivermectin readily available as a fall back until we gain a vaccine created herd immunity here.  

I sincerely hope you all stay safe and well and look forward to getting quickly back to the great place Thailand used to be before 2020. 

10 hours ago, Susco said:

Oh yes there is, because I have read here before in news articles (not posts from members) that there is NO REFUND policy

All my very best wishes Guys,  "may the force be with you all"

11 hours ago, Susco said:

Only in Thailand, you have to pay upfront for a vaccine, which MAYBE you then will receive in the next 6 months.

I guess the main reason they lowered the price is because they didn't collect enough advance payments, for something the may never be delivered, and is not refundable.

Don't they have any shame? ( No need to answer that question)

Then don't.  You can sign up for the free one if you don't mind what you get or pay for it if you do.

26 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

I thought the J&J was the only 1 jab vaccine. I could be wrong. Also if you get the AZ jab and you are traveling to anywhere in Europe it seems that they don't except the AZ vaccine from anywhere other than AZ Europe.

Moderna is 2 jabs

24 minutes ago, rayw said:

Some people must have more money than sense.  I personally would not touch any mRNA vaccine with a barge pole.  They are experimenatal at best and actually are messing about with the body's DNA.  I am not as yet senile and stupid enough to take such a vaccine even if they paid me to be a human guinea pig thanks as I am also not that brave either.  I do not trust much of what is said and claimed by the USA these days and especially from the big corrupt western corporate sector and of course that very much includes big pharma who work exclusively for huge profits not for the care of the people like you and I.  I seriously and very rationally far far more trust Sinovac and indeed China themselves these days just from my open eyes and mind observation of life today and keeping up to date with what is happening in our very sick world.  I know which nation is causing the main problems across the world today for sure and who are acting like childish arrogant criminal thugs, of that I have no doubt as it is so obvious to see by looking west today not east.  

Hope to get my free Sinovac vaccine here in Thailand in the nexrt few days and am very grateful to Thailand for providing this freely for us expats living here full time in Thailand.  I would accept at a push AZ which is at least not an mRNA vaccine but a viral vector type and also not produced by corrupt US big corporate pharma. Up to you what vaccine choice you make but I certainly recommend all my firends and folk I care about not to touch any mRNA vaccines and avoid them until we have another 5 or 10 years long term testing by willing properly informed human guinea pigs  I have read enough about mRNA vaccines to personally firmly say avoid them, but I'm no medical expert just fairly well read up on how these vaccines work and how they are produced.  Sinovac gets my tick of approval as it is a deactivated CV19 virus more traditionally produced vacine that is nigh on 100% effective against hospitalisation and death from CV 19 infections, and it seems from some reports going around that it is also as effective against serious illness and death from the new Delta covid variant too but of course I cannot confirm that 100%.  So if you are worried about that do your own research.   

I also have some stock here of Ivermectin to take immediately should I get positive symptoms of CV19 infectgion. So just in case I get unlucky and catch a Covid infection i have a good well professional evidence proven fall back treatment, though the odds i reckon are highly against caching CV19 statistically, expecially here in Rayong province at this time, and with us sensibly following at least the more sensible lockdown guidlines that clearly do work like masks and social distancing for now.  Once we get enough people vaccinated then we should be able to say goodbye to these horrid destructive lockdown measures which are destroying so many peoples lives here.  We must work to get back to normal ASAP and certainly before the end of this year at the very latest. That means a fast efficient safe vaccine rollout and Ivermectin readily available as a fall back until we gain a vaccine created herd immunity here.  

I sincerely hope you all stay safe and well and look forward to getting quickly back to the great place Thailand used to be before 2020. 

Don't know what you have been reading but your dead wrong about Sinovac. Its already proving it cant stop the Delta Variant all around the world. Did you even look at the clinical trails? You never mentioned it . It was the weakest and just barely got approved. You do what you have to do and good luck to you. I hope it works out for you  

Edited by club