U-turn! Plans for five day July holiday are OFF as Thai government DON'T want you to travel after all

webfact

Without a total ban on Inter Provincial travel, this is another toothless Government measure.

Of course people will still travel and totally ignore the fact that the Tuesday is not a Holiday.

This Government really need to grow some nads, as they say, and stop pussy footing around with these half measures.

Many Countries have been a lot harder on their Business,s and people than this, but still the Covid seems to win out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Noticeably yesterday Ratchada was left to fend for herself with no major figure in the government facing the press over this U-turn,

???????????????????????? her coleageus where probably talking with her about canceling the holliday's and all agreed on doing it ,but when she went on camera they all ran away and left her to take the blame . Geuss quit a lot of people will blame her for not having thier money refunded because the cancelation was so short in advance . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

At this point, anyone who makes plans or spends money based on what the government tells them they are going to do must know they are taking a big risk.

I don't trust them to keep their word any more than I'd trust a bi-polar teenage meth addict that was high on LSD and had LIAR tattooed on their forehead.

You mean you are not going to pay up front on 1 July for a vaccine shot promised in Oct ? ( remember they left off the year)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

indeed . i am learnning it the hard way now, as i am about to cancell my planned trip because

of brand new regulation the authorities just added yesterday - need to show proof of payment

for 3 PCR tests (for the sandbox phuket arrivals).

the problem is not so much the exaggerated amoung - 8000 baht for 3 tests that

would cost half this price in europe and U.S. - but the fact that it will take few days to

get the paper  -and how can you do it when the flight is few days away?

Amazing Thailand, don't you just love it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Thailand, the hub of sabotage, of the tourism industry. The land of fear mongering. The place where science is denied, the lowest quality vaccines are embraced, and the least competent ministers are hiring, based on cronyism, and nothing more. 

Woe are the people of Thailand. Power to the youth. May they prevail over the dinosaurs, and may the Jurassic crew meet a very unpleasant and humiliating end of their careers. One they richly deserve. 

in your first paragraph, omitting the vax info, you could be describing the good ol' USA lol..

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Yeah ive got the 29th and 30th already approval annual leave, the 26th will be my travel day up country... I  dont want it cancelled !!

I presume you are joking (i hope) Anyway if anyone came back from Bangkok around here i am pretty sure they would get a very unpleasant  reception

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

indeed . i am learnning it the hard way now, as i am about to cancell my planned trip because

of brand new regulation the authorities just added yesterday - need to show proof of payment

for 3 PCR tests (for the sandbox phuket arrivals).

the problem is not so much the exaggerated amoung - 8000 baht for 3 tests that

would cost half this price in europe and U.S. - but the fact that it will take few days to

get the paper  -and how can you do it when the flight is few days away?

Have you actually tried paying for and getting a receipt?

I was at Ocean Marina at the weekend and it was packed with tourists from BKK, pretty much all of them on boat parties and booze cruises. 

Holiday or not, they’ll travel around anyway, especially if they’ve booked the time off work already.

Seems to me, now all the governors and bigwigs have had their vaccinations, they’re all for opening up and getting all the bucks rolling in again. And it’s tough sh!t for all those who are unvaccinated.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

in your first paragraph, omitting the vax info, you could be describing the good ol' USA lol..

Well, I agree with you entirely, if you are describing the US prior to Jan 25th, 2021. It was quite a spectacle. Barnum and Bailey. 

• Like 1

Cha Cha.png

It happened and he has no response except to open up Phuket's Sandbox, the Islands and then in 90 days the rest of the proposed locations.  After all money is more important than to lock the country down any further well out of sight out of mind migrant workers.....

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

So Monday and Wednesday remain holidays.

And people who work can take Tuesday as a personal holiday?

And can anyone travel? For the 3-day weekend?

All very confusing.

Honestly, this regime could throw a dart and hit themselves in the back of the head.

only if they have license for a dart board 

• Like 1

So Monday and Wednesday remain holidays.

And people who work can take Tuesday as a personal holiday?

And can anyone travel? For the 3-day weekend?

All very confusing.

Honestly, this regime could throw a dart and hit themselves in the back of the head.

and I bet they'll still miss the back of their head

54 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Have you actually tried paying for and getting a receipt?

no, becuase i must buy a flight and hotel room first, than the embassy will approve my COE than the hotel should contact me to talk about those PCR payment - and all this must be done when i plan to fly on sunday 4 of july...now i am sitting and thinking

if to risk my money (becuase once the flight is paid the money will not be returned)

and all this becuase of this stupid PCR receipts...

cant they trust us to pay for them cash in the hotel?

i am seriously thinking about cancelling my plan.

paid for the insurance tough///

• Like 2

I wish they would

48 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Cha Cha.png

It happened and he has no response except to open up Phuket's Sandbox, the Islands and then in 90 days the rest of the proposed locations.  After all money is more important than to lock the country down any further well out of sight out of mind migrant workers.....

And he's "not fazed" by the current Covid situation. "I'm alright Jack" has had 2 AZ vaccinations. "Let them eat cake!"

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

no, because  <snip>

You're so close to heading back. Even with the ridiculous rules, if I was this close to wheels up I'd be pushing the hotel for the documentation. Good luck with whatever you decide.

• Confused 1