3.2m More COVID Vaccine Doses This Week

snoop1130

11 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

Ah, the contract. Are you sure i t didn't say that they will make best efforts like the EU contract? And then the EU started to insist the difference was made up from UK labs... How did that go?

Ah, no not that contract.  The contract between Siam Bioscience and the Thai Gov't.

2 minutes ago, shdmn said:

Ah, no not that contract.  The contract between Siam Bioscience and the Thai Gov't.

Explain?

The contract Thailand Government signed was with AZ not Siam Bioscience, they just produce it under license from AZ

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Explain?

The contract Thailand Government signed was with AZ not Siam Bioscience, they just produce it under license from AZ

I think you are confusing the manufacturing deal the Gov't made with AZ to manufacture it in Thailand, at Siam Bioscience, including technology transfer. I believe that is separate from a supply deal between the Gov't and Siam Bioscience.  Typically, gov'ts around the world give their local manufacturers seed money in exchange for a future promise of x amount of vaccines.

There is also most likely yet another supply agreement between Siam Bioscience and AstraZeneca.  That one would require Siam to ship a certain percentage of their supply to other countries around Asia.

Edited by shdmn

5 minutes ago, shdmn said:

I think you are confusing the manufacturing deal the Gov't made with AZ to manufacture it in Thailand, at Siam Bioscience, including technology transfer. I believe that is separate from a supply deal between the Gov't and Siam Bioscience.  Typically, gov'ts around the world give their local manufacturers seed money in exchange for a future promise of x amount of vaccines.

There is also most likely yet another supply agreement between Siam Bioscience and AstraZeneca.  That one would require Siam to ship a certain percentage of their supply to other countries around Asia.

Do you have a link for that separate contract? Because the only published contracts are directly with AstraZaneca, as quoted BY Health Minister Anutin:

“We have signed a contract with AstraZeneca for at least 61 million doses, not with Siam Bioscience. If Siam Bioscience’s plant can’t produce the vaccine, it means nothing to us. This is because the purchase agreement clearly stated that AstraZeneca will provide the vaccine, not Siam Bioscience.”

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thailand-to-receive-additional-astrazeneca-jabs-from-asia-factory-amid-eu-export-row

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 12:43 PM, shdmn said:

Since you are apparently a 'professional' what do you suggest?

Everyone is a "professional" if compared to these dopes.

My professional suggestion that it was criminal for this government not to sign off on private hospitals buying mRNA vaccines from their long term business partners many months ago. They'd be distributing them now if the COVID Czar could have come up with a signature or two.

Edited by ftpjtm
  • Like 2

On 6/30/2021 at 6:43 PM, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK, June 30 (TNA) – Thailand receives 3.2 million more doses of COVID-19 vaccines by Sinovac and AstraZeneca this week, said Deputy Prime Minister and Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul.

Thats kul

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Their agreement with Astrazeneca is for manufacture and distribution to ASEAN member countries only.

Unless you've seen the "agreement" - highly unlikely, if you had you wouldn't be talking about it on a public forum - this is pure conjecture. Which is fine, BTW.

Anything in the press is, again IMO, unreliable given the narrators and "arrangements".

I've seen nothing in the press supporting your claim of "only" ASEAN member countries. 

In October 2020 Siam Bioscience, SCG [Siam Cement Group], AstraZeneca and the Public Health Ministry signed a Letter of Intent to demonstrate their joint commitment to make this vaccine available in Southeast Asia,” said the company statement. “This was followed by a contract manufacturing agreement between AstraZeneca and Siam Bioscience."

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Unless you've seen the "agreement" - highly unlikely, if you had you wouldn't be talking about it on a public forum - this is pure conjecture. Which is fine, BTW.

Anything in the press is, again IMO, unreliable given the narrators and "arrangements".

I've seen nothing in the press supporting your claim of "only" ASEAN member countries. 

In October 2020 Siam Bioscience, SCG [Siam Cement Group], AstraZeneca and the Public Health Ministry signed a Letter of Intent to demonstrate their joint commitment to make this vaccine available in Southeast Asia,” said the company statement. “This was followed by a contract manufacturing agreement between AstraZeneca and Siam Bioscience."

I was replying to a poster who said they can sell it to anyone they want, he does not provide any link or evidence of that but there are reports where its stated its intended for Asean only. So with the absence of that proof we only have the media reports which I refer to as do you.

"It's in the letter of intent that we made together with Siam Bioscience, AstraZeneca, SCG and Ministry of Public Health that it will be distributed within the ASEAN region," he added, referring to the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations.

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/thai-firm-joins-astrazeneca-make-covid-19-vaccine-southeast-asia

To be honest who really cares anyway who they sell it to?

The Letter of Intent is a non-binding agreement. 

The contract manufacturing agreement between AstraZeneca and Siam Bioscience probably does not define how AZ choose to sell/distribute any vaccines produced by SBS.

Agree it hardly matters.

What does matter is the status of production from this facility. And the ability to meet the 10-10-10-10-10-5 MM monthly shipments for Thailand for the remainder of 2021.

But, I fear, this is not information that any parties seem willing to reveal.

I can infer that if things were going well we would be hearing about it non-stop. That we have crickets is, in itself, revealing.

We had a really big show on 4 June. Since then, queue rolling dead cactus.

17 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I was replying to a poster who said they can sell it to anyone they want, he does not provide any link or evidence of that but there are reports where its stated its intended for Asean only. So with the absence of that proof we only have the media reports which I refer to as do you.

"It's in the letter of intent that we made together with Siam Bioscience, AstraZeneca, SCG and Ministry of Public Health that it will be distributed within the ASEAN region," he added, referring to the 10-member Association of Southeast Asian Nations.

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/thai-firm-joins-astrazeneca-make-covid-19-vaccine-southeast-asia

To be honest who really cares anyway who they sell it to?

Wasn't there also a contract/MoU/undertaking to supply non-ASEAN Taiwan?

More to the point, bookings for today Friday have been cancelled by at least one majot hospital in Chiang Mai. Reason, no have AZ vaccine! So where did all the supply go to? Surely Mr Anutin, Buriram does not need that quantity!

They stopped expanding the make-up of the doses as of yesterday... just totals for first and second doses.

1 MM Sinovac have arrived (yesterday?today?) 1 MM Sinpharm due 4 July and the 1.05 MM AZ from Japan due 9 July.

AZ supposedly owes 10 MM AZ doses this month. Assume that will be weighted closer to 32 July than today?

vax_010721.jpg

40 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

They stopped expanding the make-up of the doses as of yesterday... just totals for first and second doses.

1 MM Sinovac have arrived (yesterday?today?) 1 MM Sinpharm due 4 July and the 1.05 MM AZ from Japan due 9 July.

AZ supposedly owes 10 MM AZ doses this month. Assume that will be weighted closer to 32 July than today?

vax_010721.jpg

And 17m to the Philippines, and what, 800,000 to Taiwan?

From the Director of National Vaccine Institute: AstraZeneca has informed it will NOT be able to deliver 10 million doses per month to Thailand for July and August. SBS production capacity of AZ is 16 million per month and just 5-6 million doses will go to Thailand.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, shdmn said:

I am talking about the contract between Siam Bioscience and the Thai Gov't.  Not the contract with AstraZeneca.

Any attempt to hold Siam Bioscience to any/whatever contract may have been negotiated is likely to end up with an extended 6 month extra PT session north of Bangkok...

Edited by herfiehandbag

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

From the Director of National Vaccine Institute: AstraZeneca has informed it will NOT be able to deliver 10 million doses per month to Thailand for July and August. SBS production capacity of AZ is 16 million per month and just 5-6 million doses will go to Thailand.

Excuse for asking, do you have a source?

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

why did they only have one company to produce it, and one which never produced any vaccine before? If they had 4 companies manufacturing they might just have enough