Khon Kaen: Missing insurance ladies found dead in submerged pick-up

webfact

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Two ladies who sold insurance and who had been missing since June 23rd have been found dead. 

They were in a submerged pick-up in a klong in the Ban Nayom area of Nam Pong district in Khon Kaen in the north east of Thailand. 

Arunrat,52, had been driving the Toyota Revo that had been reported missing. In the passenger seat was 55 year old Nicha. 

Initial investigations revealed they had died from lack of oxygen. There were no injuries on the bodies and all their possessions were intact. 

The ladies had been to collect insurance premiums and had last been seen at a som tam restaurant where they stayed from 2 pm to 8.30 pm. 

A Facebook appeal was launched after they failed to return home. 

Nam Pong police said it looked like an accident noting that the driver may have been unfamiliar with the road that was unlit. 

Tire marks were found on the road. 

They are inclined to rule out murder in the case though investigations continue. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright ASEAN NOW 2021-07-02

- Whatever you're going through, the Samaritans are here for you

• Sad 3

7 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Six and half hours eating Som-tam.....

What a horrible way to go,  a friend of mine has a phobia about electric windows & going into water, he even carries a special metal punch in case it ever happens to him.

Gotta be done properly.

20 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Six and half hours eating Som-tam.....

What a horrible way to go,  a friend of mine has a phobia about electric windows & going into water, he even carries a special metal punch in case it ever happens to him.

Electric windows are actually waterproof and will still function underwater. Worse case, open the door when the vehicle is fully submerged. Sadly, they probably didn’t know this. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 5:49 AM, Russell17au said:

You can get one on Lazada without any problems. I used to use mine in Australia quite a bit as a member of a rescue squad. People involved in an accident and trapped in the car it is easy to break the window and cut the seat belt and get them out especially if the car is starting to burn.

At least in the U.S., many newer cars have side windows that are laminated like the front windshield.  They don't shatter into pieces like the old ones.