webfact

42 minutes ago, anchadian said:

From the total 5,420 cases that were found in the past 24 hours:

- 4,070 were found via tests at medical facilities

- 1,305 via proactive tests at known clusters

- 37 via proactive in prisons

- 8 imported cases

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1412283903675494404

Which tells us that today's lower numbers are an artifact of less lab tests being processed. Look for a spike soon. 

Meanwhile, hospital admissions are capped at 4,000 or so. 

2 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Yesterday, the US had fewer new cases than Thailand. 

That's happened at least a few times in recent weeks. It's beginning to become the norm...  something that never would have been thought possible previously in the pandemic.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Don Mueang airport’s cargo terminal to open as new COVID-19 field hospital July 12

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/don-mueang-airports-cargo-terminal-to-open-as-new-covid-19-field-hospital-july-12/

Very large and perfect area as it has not really been used at all since Suvarnabhumi open up for International flights and things were shifted.

38 minutes ago, retsdon said:

Our province reported less than a dozen cases yesterday. My brother in law, who's in the police, laughed at me last night when I said Covid wasn't so bad here. He (and presumably his colleagues) views any numbers as fiction. They've apparently had almost as many cases to date among the BiB as have been reported for the whole province.

I'd posit that the daily figures are at best an extremely rough guide to what's really going on. A  very large pinch of salt....

The implication is that the numbers are fake at the provincial level. Interesting. 

5 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thailand sets new pandemic records today for COVID hospitalized patients in critical condition and the share of those on ventilators -- 2,350 in critical condition and 643 of those on ventilators.

The prior high for those in critical condition was the 2,199 reported just yesterday. The 643 on ventilators surpassed the prior high of 616 reported on July 4.

Agreed - Thailand is adding more to the daily critical lists than daily Phuket tourist arrivals

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Today there are 57 deaths in #Thailand

35 males & 22 females

Median age is 62 (25-91 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (33), Samut Prakan (4), plus 6 provinces with 2 each and 8 provinces with 1 each

7 with no underlying conditions

11 infected by family members

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1412286851168178176

One other detail not included in the above report.

56 of the deaths reported today were Thai nationals, along with 1 Chinese national.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Details of vaccine procurement cannot be made public because contracts say so – DPM Wissanu

Ahh the old Catch 22 or Fight Club line.......

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

Exactly.  The website concentrates on only two hospitals in central Bangkok.

Those that live outside of central Bkk and especially those with underlying health conditions, are they going to travel to central BKK?

Pathetic.

Why on earth not? I'm thinking of going to the UK or the US to get mine. Hardly a big deal coming to BKK, twice in a 2 or 3 month period, from anywhere in Thailand.

Something everybody really needs to understand now the delta variant is taking over

Cases Will not go down!!!

In the UK cases were doubling every 15 days just a couple of weeks ago, now they are doubling every 9 days.

So no matter what the figures say, cases will not go down until almost everyone has been infected or vaccinated. The only way to avoid being infected is to stay at home, that is it!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's happened at least a few times in recent weeks. It's beginning to become the norm...  something that never would have been thought possible previously in the pandemic.

Yes, that doesn't seem possible considering a population of approx 328m,  yesterday's count was 5,371 cases.

21 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

One other detail not included in the above report.

56 of the deaths reported today were Thai nationals, along with 1 Chinese national.

These reports (breakdown of fatalities) from TNR are not consistent in that nationalities are not mentioned, only foreigners if any) with the exception of Chinese (nationality) as of today.

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

More new cases than the Philippines, but fewer than Malaysia:

2021-07-06h.jpg.6e3ecbccac60a057cef38037f062a921.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/358843005734030

I think from this list numbers you can believe only that 3 is accurate (even close). Japan,Singapore and S.Korea. Every other is only what governments has annouced. 

Edited by 2 is 1

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

These reports (breakdown of fatalities) from TNR are not consistent in that nationalities are not mentioned, only foreigners if any) with the exception of Chinese (nationality) as of today.

I've seen the government's daily reports break out foreign nationality fatalities on a pretty regular basis, when there are any to report for the day.  Whether TNR chooses to include that in their reported translation is a different matter.

I don't pay great attention to what TNR translates. I pay attention to the source document from the MoPH.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

PR Thai Government

6 July 2021-- An update from the Thai government regarding Thailand's #COVID19 situation, reporting from the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Minor piece of info. Phyathai 1 hospital does not have any covid beds available now. 

I realize we are keeping an eye on the hospital situation, however I view it as the Canary in the underground mine.

..........and last week 1 and 2 were refusing to do or couldn't do covid tests.

And the latest installment from the "do as I say, not as I do" series:

Today:

"The Prime Minister urged members of the public, including those who have been vaccinated, to help limit the spread of COVID-19 by strictly following the anti-COVID-19 measures of DMHTT - distancing (D), mask wearing (M), hand washing (H), testing (T) and Thai Chana (T)."

vs

"Prime Minister and Defense Minister, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, has relayed a message through a government spokesperson, saying that he has to observe a mandatory 14-day quarantine, after Chairman of the Surin Chamber of Commerce, Veerasak Pisanuwong, was in the company of the Prime Minister when he visited Phuket province on July 1st. The chairman later tested positive to COVID-19."

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158124689587050

Not much distancing going on here below...

Screenshot_1.jpg.e7fa8cc8a77b5bdef45f7b68bae5c77d.jpg

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/pm-in-self-isolation-after-close-contact-with-covid-19-at-sandbox-reopening

And then along with that, there was the infamous Phuket beachfront lunch, sans distancing and largely sans masks:

Screenshot_2.jpg.fb1972dab92a09ea090b9c3646233ff5.jpg

https://twitter.com/KhaosodOnline/status/1410545356266377225

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Today:

"The Prime Minister urged members of the public, including those who have been vaccinated, to help limit the spread of COVID-19 by strictly following the anti-COVID-19 measures of DMHTT - distancing (D), mask wearing (M), hand washing (H), testing (T) and Thai Chana (T)."

vs

"Prime Minister and Defense Minister, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, has relayed a message through a government spokesperson, saying that he has to observe a mandatory 14-day quarantine, after Chairman of the Surin Chamber of Commerce, Veerasak Pisanuwong, was in the company of the Prime Minister when he visited Phuket province on July 1st. The chairman later tested positive to COVID-19."

https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/pm-in-self-isolation-after-close-contact-with-covid-19-at-sandbox-reopening

Surprised he didn't "order" the public to do those things.

29 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

..........and last week 1 and 2 were refusing to do or couldn't do covid tests.

Yes it's all about testing. Pretty sad when cannot even get test at hospital.

Of course we always look at death numbers, I'm more interested in the seriously ill beds and ICU.

Quick thanks to the guys regularly posting charts, info and related news links. 

Makes it very easy to stay little bit informed. 

One stat I'm dropping off a bit is the daily total positives. Seems that figure will float around the 6-6.5k as it depends on testing.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Macrohistory said:

Okay, but then we could give exactly the same sort of anodyne response to your original question, and say "I would prefer not to see any schools closed, for any length of time, but unfortunately we're in the midst of a global pandemic.  I don't accept that opening schools would be any safer than opening up other businesses, and with schools open, people would get sick and would suffer."  Etc. etc.

True.  So when do you think schools should be re-opened?  Do you think education should be considered a special case?

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Today:

vs

Wait, what, oh yeah life's a bitch and then you die, but then does the Good General Prayut follow his own words, those of the CCSA and then his best Bud Anutin, well as you can see, no he does not. Hypocritical much Mr. PM?

21 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thai boxing legend and Olympic champion Somluck Khamsing says that his third successive #COVID19 test has turned out to be negative, making his first positive result from the weekend a false positive.

So does this count for 3 tests or 1 in the general stats on testing?