Thailand reports 5,420 new COVID-19 cases, 57 more deaths

webfact

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Transparency... Not!

Details of vaccine procurement cannot be made public because contracts say so – DPM Wissanu

Thailand’s Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-ngam explained today (Tuesday) that details of all vaccine procurement contracts, signed between the country’s Ministry of Public Health and vaccine producers, either for government inoculation programs or on behalf of private companies, cannot be made public because the contracts say so.

Talking to the media this morning at Government House, before the cabinet is due to consider the Public Health Ministry’s contract to procure the Pfizer vaccine, the deputy prime minister said that only contracts which need funding from the government need to be approved by the cabinet.

He insisted that COVID-19 vaccines are a sensitive issue, unlike other products, because the producers or the vendors, have the bargaining power.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/details-of-vaccine-procurement-cannot-be-made-public-because-contracts-say-so-says-dpm-wissanu/

So in essence a Non-Disclosure agreement keeps them from being seen

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The Intervac website has been updated with the promise of vaccines becoming available for foreigners age 60 and above and those with chronic medical conditions:

Screenshot_10.jpg.52653443369154a274b5acb50747c4e7.jpg

https://www.thailandintervac.com/

This time, the latest version appears to abandon having foreign nationals make appointments online at the government website, and instead appears to be directing foreigners to contact and book appointments directly thru the two hospitals.

Do you know in advance whether you will get AZ or Sinovac?  Is Sinovac worth having?

1 minute ago, Dogmatix said:

Do you know in advance whether you will get AZ or Sinovac?  Is Sinovac worth having?

AZ if you can......Sinovac better than nothing.....you can always get something else later Moderna/Pfizer

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dogmatix said:

I signed up for the AZ vaccine the first go around and obtained it just 2 weeks ago on the 24th.  My personal belief is that the AZ vaccine is far above the Sinovac vaccine, but that is my opinion after looking at the studies and stories of late.

• Like 1

Today there are 57 deaths in #Thailand

35 males & 22 females

Median age is 62 (25-91 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (33), Samut Prakan (4), plus 6 provinces with 2 each and 8 provinces with 1 each

7 with no underlying conditions

11 infected by family members

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1412286851168178176

• Thanks 1

There have been a lot of attacks against doctors in India by relatives upset that patients couldn't beds and/or have died. Most occurred a few weeks ago at the peak of the current delta wave there.  Now delta is already over 50% in Bkk, let's hope that doesn't happen here but the pictures of patients slumped outside Ramathibodi Hospital are a worrying sign of what might be in store. Here is one of the reports.

https://www.ndtv.com/video/news/news/on-camera-doctors-attacked-after-covid-patient-dies-at-delhi-hospital-584197

• Like 2

Out of 5,375 local cases (outside of prison) most in

Bangkok - 1,492

Samut Sakhon - 398

Samut Prakan - 318

Chonburi - 266

Pattani - 262

Nonthaburi - 242

Pathum Thani - 208

Nakhon Pathom - 206

Yala - 135

Songkhla - 132

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1412288926627221504

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The number of people in ICU and on VENTILATORS:

26 June: 1,662/470

27 June: 1,725/489

28 June: 1,806/510

29 June: 1,846/527

30 June: 1,911/556

1 July: 1,971/566

2 July: 2,002/579

3 July: 2,045/589

4 July: 2,147/616

5 July: 2,199/603

6 July: 2,350/643 <— Today

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1412285684203749376

My gosh. Just look at that increase in 11 days. The future looks pretty bleak for likely daily death counts.

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (July 6, 2021) About 4.59 percent of the population is fully vaccinated. 8,022,029 (+217,375) people have received the first dose, while 3,036,361 (+63,267) have been fully inoculated. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #ฉีดวัคซีน #COVID19 #Thailand #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1412290560400838660

• Thanks 1

Today's televised government news briefing acknowledges announced plans to reactivate efforts to resume registering foreign nationals for COVID vaccinations in Bangkok.

The upcoming round of vaccination opportunities is supposed to focus on those age 60 and above and with chronic medical conditions.

No mention of any specific efforts to register / vaccinate vulnerable foreign nationals in areas outside of Bangkok.

Screenshot_7.jpg.7796832dee78b0f8cb095b24298d2f10.jpg

Screenshot of government news briefing

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Screenshot_4.jpg.9a46fcbb3b203db189dbd348b53b6bc3.jpg

Screenshot_5.jpg.1c9d1d9235aa5dd4f2183957412c4eab.jpg

Screenshots from televised government news briefing

How long will they stick to the goals stated in that second screen shot I wonder?

Even as we speak healthy young people in Samui are probably getting their shots, and plenty of other groups are clamoring to be part of the opening up to tourism and therefore need their shots.

if they don’t get Bangkok done in two weeks, that will delay the vicinity area, and in turn delay provinces.

I applaud their intent, but political interference in terms of vaccine allocation, plus low supplies to begin with, mean they are up against it.

7 minutes ago, Macrohistory said:

Let's turn it right back around and ask you:  How many people are you willing to see killed from COVID in order to open schools again.  10,000 -- 20,000 -- 50,000?

I would prefer not see anyone killed by Covid, but unfortunately we're in the midst of a deadly global pandemic.  I don't accept that opening up schools would have any worse consequences than opening up other businesses, but with schools being closed children's education is suffering.  As was the case in the UK, I believe schools need to be one the first types of place to be allowed to re-open.  The question is "when".

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1