Thailand reports 6,519 new COVID-19 cases, 54 more deaths

webfact

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

How many of the hotel staff that were only vaccinated with one jab were in contact, and better yet which variant was he discovered with.  Waiting for the update saying it was a false positive.  I also wonder what vaccines this person was vaccinated with.  My bad if it was listed somewhere and I did not see it.

also people on the same flight - bus etc - endless list of contacts 

I wouldn't be expecting any more info than has been shared already 

It wouldn't surprise me if people had to sign an NDA before being allowed into Phuket

PR Thai Government

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has revealed that the Samui Plus program, for inoculated tourists, should open for Certificate of Entry (CoE) applications this week, as Surat Thani is slated to open three islands on July 15.

https://twitter.com/prdthailand/status/1412627805049741313Image

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, anchadian said:

PR Thai Government

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has revealed that the Samui Plus program, for inoculated tourists, should open for Certificate of Entry (CoE) applications this week, as Surat Thani is slated to open three islands on July 15

Ticking bomb .....Failure.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Oh no, the tourist has brought the virus in with him/her and now Anutin will start in again on the fact that the dirty foreigners have now started a new wave since we had the other waves nearly curtailed....yes sarcasm, but spoiler alert for the Phuket Sandbox.

/Another turd in the sandbox.  And another.  And another.

This whole scheme is going to get shut down very shortly.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, anchadian said:

As with this government, I would guess there would be no refund from the original hotels and a further payment would be required for the ALQ hotel(s)

This is what happens when you go on a holiday in a country where a pandemic is clearly out of control.

I have zero sympathy for anyone who is inconvenienced by this.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Think we can just photocopy these numbers and post it every day..

You most certainly could with the number of people that have had 2 shots of Vaccine.

The number is still fairly stagnant at around 2.25 Million, and has been now for almost a week, whilst single shot numbers are steadily increasing on a Daily basis..

One shot to fix all, or are we really waiting for the 07 June people who got the first shot to get their second ?

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

You reap what you sow, 12 months back the numbers were supposedly low and I don't see any reason not to believe it, however the so-called undemocratic elected boffins sat on their collective a*ses while patting themselves on back congratulating themselves on what a good job their have done. They eased the lockdown but did nothing else like expediting the ordering of vaccines, other than sprouting off their non knowledge of the super Chinese vaccine that wasn't being ordered anyway - this along with encouraging travel throughout the country has resulted in the current fiasco now emerging. 

Well done government, what a great job you have done for your people. 

The only good thing that has come from it is, it wasn't the dirty farangs that caused the current upsurge in infections and deaths. 

The problem with lockdowns is that you are only as good as your last one. As Australia is starting to find out.

previous successful suppressing of the virus means nothing if your latest lockdown fails or isn’t put in quickly enough, as Thailand is starting to find out.

I believe that they are absolutely necessary, but in no way a solution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Oh dear. Of course all on that flight would then need to fully quarantine. 

Bit foolish of me, just overlooked that scenario.

Big blow for potential sandbox customers.

I wouldn't do it.

What happens to their payment to hotels along with payments made for testing. 

You mean what happens to your money once you've entered Phuket Scam box?Same as always is the answer.

Good article here on vaccines from the Sydney Morning Herald relating to concerns about the Chinese vaccines. Interestingly it states that Pfizer efficacy drops from 92% for Alpha to 64% for delta. 
Chile with a large vaccinated share of population with Chinese vaccines has seen a significant rise in hospitalization and death with the spread of Delta and have gone back into full lockdown. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, anchadian said:

PR Thai Government

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has revealed that the Samui Plus program, for inoculated tourists, should open for Certificate of Entry (CoE) applications this week, as Surat Thani is slated to open three islands on July 15.

https://twitter.com/prdthailand/status/1412627805049741313Image

As a government that finds it hard to focus on anything for more than 5 minutes, they sure are focused on opening up, come what may.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I’ve got my red pen out again. Remind me again which part of the area between the red lines is indicative of two weeks flat and one week slightly up?

hope I got the red lines in the right place. I can move them if they are wrongly placed.

F36C6D26-5BA1-4470-A189-822D1BC4316C.jpeg

Move the red lines to the right, and you will discover a multi week period of flat and declining cases. 

38 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

you have to feel sorry for the other members of his group, however many that may be.  They now will spend 14 days locked in a quarantine hotel instead of being able to enjoy their vacation and have a beer or drink with dinner.......lets see how this plays out in the World media.

What we need now is full and open transparency on the follow up to this if they want to inspire any confidence in future tourists.

Did he bring this virus with him, caught it on the plane, or is this a result of getting infected while in Phuket? Sequencing the virus should be able to tell them where it originated but I fear this will never be made public.

Yes his friends in the group now also have to suffer as a result and I would guess they're all pretty angry about this.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Move the red lines to the right, and you will discover a multi week period of flat and declining cases. 

You mean this period? Any more to the right and it goes into June. But you wanted early May, right?

do you want to try drawing the lines? Doesn’t have to be red. I think any color reveals the same rising trend. 555

5E426DD0-E7CE-44EA-84EF-08D426A581EC.jpeg

43 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

you have to feel sorry for the other members of his group, however many that may be.  They now will spend 14 days locked in a quarantine hotel instead of being able to enjoy their vacation and have a beer or drink with dinner.......lets see how this plays out in the World media.

Weren't the first groups travel agents from the Middle East? 

Just now, wensiensheng said:

You mean this period? Any more to the right and it goes into June. But you wanted early May, right?

do you want to try drawing the lines? Doesn’t have to be red. I think any color reveals the same rising trend. 555

5E426DD0-E7CE-44EA-84EF-08D426A581EC.jpeg

I am referring to the time period under the red arrow, if that weren't obvious enough. 

10 minutes ago, Swimfan said:

Good article here on vaccines from the Sydney Morning Herald relating to concerns about the Chinese vaccines. Interestingly it states that Pfizer efficacy drops from 92% for Alpha to 64% for delta. 
Chile with a large vaccinated share of population with Chinese vaccines has seen a significant rise in hospitalization and death with the spread of Delta and have gone back into full lockdown. 

Yea just read about that, Chile put Santiago back in lockdown early June due to the icu's reaching capacity, the lockdown has now kicked in and numbers started to decrease.

Just now, Danderman123 said:

I am referring to the time period under the red arrow, if that weren't obvious enough. 

Oh, the big red arrow pointing at June. Sorry I thought we were discussing a multi week period in May. In fact, I think you did mention from 28th April.

• Like 1

Yesterday there was a thread with a TAT photo of “tourists” enjoying themselves at a street market, come breakdance session, at Laguna in Phuket.

I wonder how Bangkokians felt looking at that photo, whilst they live in an area that is the epicenter of a deadly virus outbreak? 

I’m not sure that the government messaging is correctly focused.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

You don't have to self isolate.  Figure out when to go shopping when nobody is around.  Disinfect your hands.  Stay away from as many as you can.  Disinfect your phone.  Don't touch your face.  Don't go out unless you have to.

Just do your best.  I know it's distressing.  

The biggest worry is long term effects from the disease.  It can be really really bad.  

you are aware that the primary mode of infection is currently understood be airbourn

I already do most of the things you suggest

but thanks anyway

5 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Oh, the big red arrow pointing at June. Sorry I thought we were discussing a multi week period in May. In fact, I think you did mention from 28th April.

He did:

"Actually, after April 28, there were 2 flat or declining weeks, followed by a week with a small increase. i am terribly sorry that there are people here who don’t like the numbers after April 28, or cannot remember them, but the numbers are the numbers. You can say they were wrong, but that is a different argument. Here’s a chart..."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

As with this government, I would guess there would be no refund from the original hotels and a further payment would be required for the ALQ hotel(s)

Richard Barrow quotes in the article posted that they will all receive a full refund from the SHA+ hotel. He also states that their insurance will cover the rest but not quite sure what that means in terms of ASQ.....

Edited by Rhacsyn
Soelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1