Another lockdown being considered by CCSA

webfact

12 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Jeez, that must be the shortest flight in Thailand - i’d feel safer on the train sitting in the stairwell. 

Especially as the nearest airport to Kanchanaburi is in Bangkok......

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

Lockdown?  Nationwide or targeted?  I believe this will be the key question.  What about the "sandbox"?   It looks like Japan will be in another state of emergency(while the Olympics are going on?????).  "Truth is stranger than fiction".

One possible indicator is to look a the cinemas.  No new movies in a week. An employee at theatre in CNX told me no new movies until August, maybe.  

Thought I saw on US news today that Japan might have to cancell Olympics----many athletes might not show if there is Covid breakout

So these are people who died with covid in their bloodstream according to an imperfect testing procedure. No published records of what the main cause of death was.

So the system of lockdown, masks, stay home and everything else that didn't work last time, I know we will do the same again. If  I keep bashing my head on the wall, eventually it won't hurt anymore.

This will cripple the economy, even further, more people will lose their jobs and their lives...utter madness.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, James105 said:

What’s the exit strategy though?   I suppose vaccinations but as you can see from the UK they do not stop people being infected, and since they are not 100% effective people will still die.   Even if Australia was 100% vaccinated they would have to come to terms a large number of people catching and dying from covid, or remain cut off from the rest of the world.      

I think Australia will come to regret this choice, especially when they see citizens from Europe and USA travelling around with relative freedom to other countries, whilst Australia looks on trapped inside its safety bubble.     

No one has died with covid in the whole of Australia this year, so correct your posting about deaths and the testing for "cases" also has many false positives.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Some posts with false/misleading information have been removed. 

Some posts with oversized emojis have been edited or removed. 

An off topic post about the BRITAIN'S UK'S NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE has been removed. 

10 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Decisions decisions..

Oh gosh just wait.  Wait until they get to 10,000 + a day then maybe do something.

Maybe time to order (really order) some good vaccines? To late now but better late then never.

50 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

The sole purpose for lockdown is to buy time. Time to upgrade medical facilities to stop them collapsing, time vaccinate more people. Lock down will never stop spread, it just delays it and let's health systems cope.

They won't have time for that, far too busy organising news conferences where they can point at vinyl backdrops and explain how well they are doing...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is the catch 22 ---easy

Just don't report all the cases and the number will go down. who will they open the country to??? mob of Chinese tourists?  desperate Scandinavians needing the beach in December? or Farangs looking for their honey and drinking buddies?

The answer is still few.. why anybody wants to visit Thailand and get sick? There will be no place to go out freely and visit  or travel to other provinces.

Sad situation.. this is the problem for not rolling the vaccines early Spring.. 

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

Thailand appears to be paying more for Sinovac that the cost of the mRNA vaccines leaked in Europe.

Sounds unlikely as China do not sell the Sinovac at a profit but I understand just at cost of production plus distribution.  Moderna and Pzizer I believe are some 3 or 4 times more expensive.  I must say even If they offered me money to have an mRNA vaccine I would still refuse it as I have learned enough not to be a guinea pig for such an unnecessary experimental potentially long term dangerous DNA interfering vaccine distributed for big pharma profits which they surely put well before before people care.   

Even if I had to pay over the odds for my Sinovac or Sinopharm vaccine, (though I do resent any requirement to bolster the bank accounts of the fat cat CEOs and shareholders of the private hospital and clinics), I would gladly prefer and accept either of those and in fact I am now keen to have such a vaccine ASAP.  However last week they refused me at Ban Chang state Hospital in Rayong as I was a farang, although I produced my Thai driving licence and my passport with a fully legal family visa valid until next year, all because I did not have a pink Thai ID card which most retired expats legally living here in Thailand do not have and come on now they should not need, unless someone can explain logically why it should be needed !!!  

Bloody ridiculous considering I tick four boxes as to Covid vulnererability status i.e. over 70, have Diabetes II, CKD and am overweight too.  I really do not want to selfishly jump any valid vaccine queue but in my circumstances I would feel somewhat safer if I was vaccinated right now, what with the current worrying spread of the Delta variant here in Thailand, and despite that I feel it is not too much of a problem in Rayong province as yet. I certainly do not want my enjoyable life foreshortened by Covid 19 when it should not be a problem with safe vaccines which are and hsould be earily available here, so is that unreasonable ??

Edited by rayw
typos
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, rayw said:

Sounds unlikely as China do not sell the Sinovac at a profit but I understand just at cost of production plus distribution. 

You've made a mistake, its AZ that fits that bill not Sinovac, Sinovac sell for profit pure and simple

• Like 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Lockdowns have proven to be effective in reducing the spread of the virus. 

Your friends at the internet Lie Factory have not given you correct information. 

Sure. Ask the people in Sweden. Oops. Sorry. No lockdown over there. Too bad.

And the same with masks, take-away only restaurants, ban on alcohol, garden closed, national parks closed, etc.

It works so well.... Look at Thailand.

• Sad 1

at this point of time, there is enough knowledge and information about the pandemic and what help where.

truth is that lockdowns does not work. so you lock for a month, than you open and all come back.

the way to go for thailand is the brazil and mexico way. just open everything, with tests.

the price will be indeed more covid deaths, but more lives will be saved from death by poverty and even hunger.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, cclub75 said:

Sure. Ask the people in Sweden. Oops. Sorry. No lockdown over there. Too bad.

And the same with masks, take-away only restaurants, ban on alcohol, garden closed, national parks closed, etc.

It works so well.... Look at Thailand.

Thailand 35 covid deaths per million population

Sweden 1,437 covid deaths per million population

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rayw said:

Sounds unlikely as China do not sell the Sinovac at a profit but I understand just at cost of production plus distribution.  Moderna and Pzizer I believe are some 3 or 4 times more expensive.  I must say even If they offered me money to have an mRNA vaccine I would still refuse it as I have learned enough not to be a guinea pig for such an unnecessary experimental potentially long term dangerous DNA interfering vaccine distributed for big pharma profits which they surely put well before before people care.   

Even if I had to pay over the odds for my Sinovac or Sinopharm vaccine, (though I do resent any requirement to bolster the bank accounts of the fat cat CEOs and shareholders of the private hospital and clinics), I would gladly prefer and accept either of those and in fact I am now keen to have such a vaccine ASAP.  However last week they refused me at Ban Chang state Hospital in Rayong as I was a farang, although I produced my Thai driving licence and my passport with a fully legal family visa valid until next year, all because I did not have a pink Thai ID card which most retired expats legally living here in Thailand do not have and come on now they should not need, unless someone can explain logically why it should be needed !!!  

Bloody ridiculous considering I tick four boxes as to Covid vulnererability status i.e. over 70, have Diabetes II, CKD and am overweight too.  I really do not want to selfishly jump any valid vaccine queue but in my circumstances I would feel somewhat safer if I was vaccinated right now, what with the current worrying spread of the Delta variant here in Thailand, and despite that I feel it is not too much of a problem in Rayong province as yet. I certainly do not want my enjoyable life foreshortened by Covid 19 when it should not be a problem with safe vaccines which are and hsould be earily available here, so is that unreasonable ??

Tuesdays Bangkok Post reported Thailand are buying 10.9 million doses of Sinovac at 560 Baht a dose.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/covid-19-vaccine-cost-eu-versus-us/

One link to prices paid in US and Europe. AZ about 100 bht a dose, Pfizer about 450 bht, J&J about 250 bht for their single dose vaccine, only Moderna is slightly more expensive that Sinovac.

Regards you not getting the State vaccine here I think you have met with a stubborn jobsworth as my local health center arranged everything for me without me even asking for a shot. The local hospital are aware and even checked again that farangs are included in the State program. I got my first AZ vaccine 28th June and have an appointment 20th Sept for the 2nd. Perhaps you can try your local health center, the admin guy in my one is great at arranging everything for the locals in our village.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jazzdog32095 said:

If you don't know where you're going there are no roads that lead you there

We usually contribute cogent remarks on threads. This could be a nice tag line to your profile.

Just trying to help a newbie.

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

But then you would be able to have some fun, and they would have less control. 

Do you even understand how dangerous fun is? 

It depends on the "fun." 

As Kissinger stated, "Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac."

Think of all the fun the power-elites are having by making the commoners dance at the ends of the strings the elites pull while the elites force the commoner's businesses to close as "non-essential" while diverting small-businesses customer bases to their corporate friends who are "essential."  And making sure that any fun activities that the commoners enjoy are shut down or made illegal.
And throwing commoners in jail for having fun?
Now THAT's fun.  Well, for those inhuman pond-scum.

"Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac baby."

Edited by metisdead
Over-sized emoji removed.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, connda said:

<snip>
Think of all the fun the power-elites are having by making the commoners dance at the ends of the strings the elites pull while the elites force the commoner's businesses to close as "non-essential" while diverting small-businesses customer bases to their corporate friends who are "essential."  And making sure that any fun activities that the commoners enjoy are shut down or made illegal.
And throwing commoners in jail for having fun?
Now THAT's fun.  Well, for those inhuman pond-scum.
"Power is the ultimate aphrodisiac baby."

I often wonder about what goes through the minds of the power-elites. I met an accountant who did books for some of these super-rich. She told me they really were out of touch and didn't realize how devastating their actions were.

I don't believe they wish harm on us lowly beings. They merely look at bottom lines, and we aren't even a decimal point on their spreadsheets.

Edited by J Town
clarity
  • Like 2

No IMF bail out this time wonder if the baht is going take a hit later in the year which would help re-start tourism/exports after this next wave gets under control. Short term only path forward seems to be getting in gear and get a solid mix of vacs in. Won't stop the spread but hopefully lowers the burden on the medical system long term