Thailand reports new daily record of 9,276 COVID-19 cases, 72 more deaths

webfact

8 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Something is causing a big drop in cases in India…..

Lack of testing in rural areas. It's been said that in rural areas there is little testing and the government really has no idea of the true situation. Remember reading somewhere that they possibly even cut back testing per-say. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

Usually this site posts the province numbers but not today !

Probably just as well not knowing !

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/photos

I did a recap post earlier in this thread of all the provinces with 100 or more cases today. Phuket for the day reported 7 new cases.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1223348-thailand-reports-new-daily-record-of-9276 covid-19-cases-72-more-deaths/?do=findComment&comment=16636924

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

This tells you all you need to know about how desperate Thais are for effective vaccines - and this for Moderna at $50 for a single shot

https://twitter.com/pakhead/status/1413444285836398595

'Fight for vaccine': Thais snap up shots in seconds via Shopee sale

BANGKOK (Reuters) - A hospital in Thailand taking reservations this week for the Moderna coronavirus vaccine was sold out in minutes - after offering shots via e-commerce platform Shopee.

Z1GWFt9W?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-thailand-vaccines/fight-for-vaccine-thais-snap-up-shots-in-seconds-via-shopee-sale-idUSKCN2EF0ML?feedType=RSS&feedName=healthNews

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Quite a few other provinces -- beyond the 10 mentioned above -- seem to be having their COVID "zoning" status raised to more serious levels. Beyond the 10, a government spokesman said it would be up to individual provinces to make adjustments in accord with their status. 

A lot of formerly "yellow" least restricted provinces are being reclassified to either orange or regular red on the map as of Monday.

Screenshot_15.jpg.6502af767a6830f37081b68ce715d8ab.jpg

Screenshot from televised government news briefing

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

A Thai study has found #Sinovac to be able to fend off the #Alpha variant to some extend but can't protect people from the #DeltaVariant, while #AstraZeneca can and should be used as booster shot in light of current lack of #mRNA vaccines. Read more: https://bit.ly/3yCBRUY

Worrying but really what we all expected despite some other studies from other countries. Now Thailand is in the unfortunate position of having to booster shot everyone who already had 2 doses of Sinovac and even then its still not effective as just two doses of AZ.

I've read a couple of articles recently also how weak covid vaccines can create mutations, so thats something very serious to look out for here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

1 hour ago, aBigSmile said:

Fallacy. Your T-cells can handle virus variations that exceed 20% of the original strain genetic make-up. A vaccine is not capable of such feat.   

As for number of deaths e.t.c., it’s so minuscule that last year failed to register any excess death compared to 2019. 

Do mind providing some kind of source for your statement about T cells handling virus variations. It would be interesting to read.

thank you

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I did a recap post earlier in this thread of all the provinces with 100 or more cases today. Phuket for the day reported 7 new cases.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1223348-thailand-reports-new-daily-record-of-9276 covid-19-cases-72-more-deaths/?do=findComment&comment=16636924

I can add more for Phuket as Phuket Times has just reported 11 cases at 6pm which will be for "tomorrow"

https://m.facebook.com/PhuketTimeNews/?locale2=th_TH

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

However, the overall vaccination rate for Thailand as a whole stands at 12.2% of the population having received a first shot, and only 4.4% having received both shots.

People seem to become complacent regarding this.

The Washington Post reported that this equates to approximately 15 million people who have missed their second dose.

The U.S. has a big issue with people not getting their second shot I bet Thailand will have similar issues.

Maybe never reach the 70% goal.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Thunglom said:

Whatever kept Covid at low levels before, doesn't appear to be working anymore. The Delta strain seems to have broken through all that.

Yep, and they're heading for the Indian scenario.

Thailand is going to suffer very badly unfortunately.

Sincerely 

MORRIS 

57 minutes ago, Petey11 said:

Lack of testing in rural areas. It's been said that in rural areas there is little testing and the government really has no idea of the true situation. Remember reading somewhere that they possibly even cut back testing per-say. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

My gf been in home quarantine for 2 weeks  Kalasin,tested yesterday along with all family and nearby neighbours first time since arriving there. Son arrived from Bkk yesterday presented to Hospital,no test  told  to self quarantine. He had paid 900 baht for test in Bkk day before but left before result came back.

• Like 1

Going as expected!  A few days ago article to get the shock out of everyone " should hit 10,000  by end of year "  next day " should see 10,000 by next week "  smoke screen again. 

Was at a private hospital today in Pattaya, spoke to wife Doctor who is very close to the top with the food change at the place.

Do you have any word as to when the Moderna is coming?  NONE

Do you have any word as to when the pfizer is coming since the U.S. has given 1.3 to the Thai government and 20% for American Expat?  NONE

Has your hospital gotten any Johnson and Johnson to vaccine the French.  NONE

Do your have any word as to when J&J is coming for general population NONE

Do you have any word on the AZ and does your hospital have supplies NONE

To make it short she said in case you have more question smiling " The hospital outside of Sinovax and Sinopham she hasn't seen or heard about the others " WE GOT NOTHING "

Have you been vaccinated, Yes both shots Sinovax, hope to get a booster in a few months? You want no waiting back of hospital parking lot.

Edited by thailand49
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, aBigSmile said:

There's no other solution than natural herd immunity. 

The vaccines are mildly effective against the Delta variant and likely useless again the Epsilon.

It's only a matter time before more potent variants emerge, as they react and mutate to break though the vaccine.

Humanity should quit inoculation at once, protect anyone over a certain age, and the let the disease rage among the young and strong.

In a year or two, it'll be behind us.

That ain't going to happen, why, well there are big bucks being made and a perfect environment to vaccinate with a see how we go approach, in other words if we didn't vaccinate who we have vaccinated worldwide the world would be in a different place.

So we have to keep going with the vaccinations, as for variants, that just means they could spread easier or become less potent, like I said, we have to keep going with the vaccines and who knows, when a mutation occurs, it might just become less contagious and we reach herd immunity, I doubt it though, and see this virus being with us for a few years yet.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, KhunMorris said:

Yep, and they're heading for the Indian scenario.

Thailand is going to suffer very badly unfortunately.

Sincerely 

MORRIS 

the government are realising the damage to the economy and at present see the motor and electronics industries as the way out. It's going to be very difficult for tourism to revive with Civid on the increase and a poorly vaccinated population. The sort of restrictions imposed on foreign visitors don't make Thailand a very attractive holiday destination at present.

It may be that more draconian restrictions get the matter under control or "flatten the curve" - but it is uglily tourism will return until the country has achieved herd immunity levels of vaccination.....and that still seems a long way off. ... less than 9% at present.

• Like 1

I’ll be LIVE on #AsiaTonight at 7pm BK to talk about the latest #COVID19 measures in #Thailand and the hopes to curb the escalating infection rates. Watch it on

@ChannelNewsAsia

or on CNA’s YouTube livestream:

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1413461751362822145

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

BREAKING: Thai Air Asia has temporarily suspended flights on all of their domestic routes from 10th July to 31st July 2021. They plan to resume operations from 1st August 2021. The airline will contact all of their passengers #ThaiNewsReports #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1413464398610386947

The AirAsia notice in Thai language says the suspension is to cooperate with the government's policies aimed to reducing the spread of COVID.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The AirAsia notice in Thai language says the suspension is to cooperate with the government's policies aimed to reducing the spread of COVID.

I wonder if the other budget airlines will follow suit?

• Like 1